Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Abraham Entin

Saving the Post Office

This is a letter I sent to all the members of the Board of Governors of the USPS.
    They are a group of wealthy old white men who do not like be be in the midst of a huge controversy.
    Perhaps writing and calling them might provoke some activity from them--perhaps a mass resignation.

The letter is obviously very specific to my experience. I just include it as one possible approach or to stimulate your thinking. I haven't made any calls yet but I plan to do so tomorrow.

Dear Gentlemen,

As someone who has served on several boards in the past, I am writing to ask you to consider the following in dealing with the current crisis and disruption around the United States Postal service, of which you are all board members.

Board members hold the ultimate responsibility for the health and performance of the institution(s) they serve. Given the importance of the post office, as well as its constitutionally mandated position, it would behoove you to consider your personal responsibility as well as legal exposure for what happens with the post office in the near future.

The fate of the postal service is inextricably intertwined with the question of voters' access to the franchise in the midst of a pandemic.

Forcing voters to risk their health and lives in order to exercise their rights of franchise could be considered an act of voter intimidation. This is a felony punishable by a year imprisonment for a single offense. If that offense affects millions of people, it is possible it would constitute a treasonable act.

I know that all of you have access to competent attorneys who can advise you on your legal exposure. The court of public opinion, however, has far less stringent guidelines for its judgments. I hope you will all consider these factors in your willingness to aid and abet the current attack on the institution you are pledged to defend.

Thank you for your attention to this crucial question.

Robert Duncan (Chair) [email protected]
    Donald Moak [email protected]
    Roman Martinez [email protected] 212-634-1190
    William Zollars [email protected] 913-696-6100
    Ron A. Bloom [email protected] 212-417-7000
    John M. Barger [email protected] 626-460-632
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: