I am looking for a violinist to play for about 6-10 dancers who will do an outdoor circle dance in a local park in WEST SONOMA COUNTY on the morning of August 15th and on some more Saturdays in the future. This music, composed in the early 1900's by Bulgarian teacher and spiritual leader, Peter Deunov, is fairly easy to learn and the sheet music is written for violin. Although the meters may change often throughout the composition, the feel of the music is more classical than folk. Compensation provided. An added plus if you are a violinist who is spiritually inclined for this music is for a sacred circle dance.

You can see the violin score at: http://www.paneurhythmy.org/violinmusic.pdf
You can hear the music played by various musicians and see the dance by going to: paneurhythmy.us and also on many Youtube videos. I have been to Bulgaria twice to join the thousands of people participating in this sacred international gathering of musicians and dancers in the Rila mountains in the summer time. It is very uplifting.

Anybody can join and dance with us on August 15th. There will be folks car pooling from S.F., east bay and Marin. You do not have to be familiar with this sacred circle dance to join in. Although it is deep in symbolic meaning, it is easy enough to follow. We sing songs in Bulgarian and share some food after we dance. There is plenty of room to have a safe distance from each other while dancing in the park and in an outdoor garden space where we gather afterwards. This dance is only done outdoors for it is meant as a way of connecting with nature.

Please contact me at [email protected] if you know of anybody who might be interested. I know there are so many unemployed musicians now and would like to support one at this time even though it is not usually the case that musicians are paid for playing for a sacred practice such as this one.