Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Mayacaman

How to Analyze Disparate Media Data, 'Theorize', & Resolve Contradictions...

How to Analyze Disparate Media Data,
    'Theorize', & Resolve Contradictions...

Most of us are new to the vast field of data that we must process in order to get up to speed on the parameters of the corona-virus crisis – and there is a lot of disinformation out there that we must deal with. It is time to appreciate the Zen concept of "beginner's mind."

To my way of thinking, one must begin with the understanding that one does not know anything. -And one must read everything and be open to truth from all quarters, and then work out the contradictions. That is the methodology
    I learned from the late Mae Brussell of Carmel, and I consider myself to be one of her disciples.

Although I am not a Buddhist, I find that the four ko-tis of Buddhist logic are of great benefit in fully processing the piles of information at a time like this. -For Binary/Western -& even Hegelian/Western (trinary)- logic is an intellectual straitjacket.

In the first place, I want to thank Melissa Sophia Joy for bringing Professor Francis Boyle to my attention; caromia333 for bringing Dr. Peter Daszak into the picture; my brother-in-law for calling my attention to the article from Newsweek; and wisewomn for the article from the Washington Post. Here are the links:

Transcript of Interview of Dr. Francis Boyle
    [the lawyer who drafted the Bio-weapons Treaty of 1989]

Interview of Dr. Peter Daszak by Amy Goodman - April 16, 2020
    Zoologist Debunks Trump’s COVID-19 Origin Theory, Calling It “Pure Baloney”

Article by Fred Guterl in Newsweek, April 28, 2020:
    Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research

Article by Josh Rogin, in the Washington Post, April 14, 2020
    State Department cables warned of safety issues

at Wuhan lab studying bat coronaviruses

If any one is serious about getting to the bottom of the "Corona-virus Crisis" I would encourage you to A. Open up a file and label it "Corona-virus Controversy". B. Print these articles up. & C. Study them. Here we have a situation where we may practice Mae Brussell’s technique of reading everything & working out contradictions. -And this is by no means 'everything'. It is information from only four sources. But each source contains a piece of the puzzle.

For the present, let us simply examine one term that professor Peter Boyle speaks of in his interviews – the phenomena of “gain-of-function” research on corona-viruses that originate in bat caves in China. He has a lot to say about it – none of it very charitable or especially forgiving. He also says categorically that the BSL-4 Laboratory in Wuhan, China is a “Bio-weapons Lab” He does not mince words.

Dr. Peter Daszak, on the other hand, failed to mention to Amy Goodman’s listeners on Democracy Now! that he was doing “gain-of-function” research on Corona-viruses from bat caves in China at the lab in Wuhan. –A big glitch. But the journalist, Fred Guterl, in his article in Newsweek fills in that gap:

"...The NIH research consisted of two parts. The first part began in 2014 and involved surveillance of bat coronaviruses, and had a budget of $3.7 million. The program funded Shi Zheng-Li, a virologist at the Wuhan lab, and other researchers to investigate and catalogue bat coronaviruses in the wild. This part of the project was completed in 2019.

A second phase of the project, beginning that year [2019, ed.] included additional surveillance work but also gain-of-function research for the purpose of understanding how bat coronaviruses could mutate to attack humans. The project was run by EcoHealth Alliance, a non-profit research group, under the direction of President Peter Daszak, an expert on disease ecology. NIH canceled the project just this past Friday, April 24th, Politico reported. Daszak did not immediately respond to Newsweek requests for comment..."

-And Josh Rogin, in the article in the Washington Post fleshes out a little more detail about the nature of “gain-of-function research” :

"The research was designed to prevent the next SARS-like pandemic by anticipating how it might emerge. But even in 2015, other scientists questioned whether Shi’s team was taking unnecessary risks. In October 2014, [under Obama, ed.] the U.S. government had imposed a moratorium on funding of any research that makes a virus more deadly or contagious, known as “gain-of-function” experiments."

So what can one make of these contradictions? Obviously, there is a massive cognitive dissonance between the two testimonies -that of Dr. Francis Boyle and that of Dr. Peter Daszak. It is obvious that they cannot both be telling the "whole truth & nothing but the truth". This little pile of data (above) has already indicated that there are holes in the story of Dr. Peter Daszak. It is also evident that Dr. Peter Daszak was employed by Dr. Anthony Fauci to do "gain-of-function research" on bat corona-viruses at the Bio-Weapons Lab in Wuhan, China.

How does one proceed, in order to find out the Reality about any of this ?

- One Begins by Asking Questions -

For instance:

"Who is Dr. Peter Daszak?" *
    *** "What is the 'nature' of his outfit, 'Eco-Health Alliance?'
    "

& >important question< :

"Does 'Eco-Health Alliance' have anything to do with William Gates the Third?"

[ >Educated Guess< : Introducing another factor into the equation... ]

Here is another pile of data to plumb.
    -As I have said, One must
    Read Everything-

ecohealth alliance , bill gates

Keep hitting the
    "More Results" Bar
    @ the foot of the page.

Read.

Four Ko-Ti's in a Nutshell:
    1. (If A is B), A is B
    2. A cannot be both B and not B
    3. A is either B or not B
    4. A is neither B nor not B

Last edited by Mayacaman; 07-27-2020 at 11:05 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Mayacaman

Re: How to Analyze Disparate Media Data, 'Theorize', & Resolve Contradictions...

"Truth" Transcends Party Politics

ἀλήθεια

-the word for Truth in the Koinonia Greek of the New Testament-
    has this essential meaning :

'the uncovering of that-which-is'

This is essentially the same meaning that is embodied in the concept of Buddhist Suchness.

This is what Jesus had to say about it:

“Ἐὰν (If) ὑμεῖς (you) μείνητε (abide) ἐν (in) τῷ (the) λόγῳ (word) τῷ (-) ἐμῷ (My), ἀληθῶς (truly) μαθηταί (disciples) μού (of Me) ἐστε (you are). καὶ (And) γνώσεσθε (you will know) τὴν (the) ἀλήθειαν (truth), καὶ (and)(the) ἀλήθεια (truth) ἐλευθερώσει (will set free) ὑμᾶς (you).”

If one sincerely wants to come to an understanding of what is true and real, one must first begin with the sure knowledge that one knows nothing. This is the Socratic epiphany: "All I know is that I know nothing."

I'm not saying that one cannot know anything - because I think you can. What I am saying, is that when one sets out on the path of learning and seeking, one must begin with a tabula rasa - a blank slate.

Certainly, when it comes to discerning what is 'reality' in a mine field like the 'Corona-virus Crisis' one can not go into it with any preconceptions. Neither should one rely on the opinions of one's favorite go-to sources of news & opinion, be they ABC,
    CBS, CNN, "Fact-Check," FOX News, MSNBC, NBC, NPR, PBS, "Q" ,"Snopes" - or even the beloved fairy god-mother of the new left, Amy Goodman.

When it comes to understanding the broad outlines of the bigger picture, one must be open to news and opinions from all Quarters - even from parties & sources with whom one normally disagrees. Mix it up. Pieces of the puzzle can turn up anywhere - even from sources as mundane as the Washington Post and Newsweek.

Gather data, and work out the contradictions. Ferret out the "truth" from the false. It is a serious business. It takes work. One must learn how to "the-o-rize" on one's own; all by one's self. Some people seem to be afraid of the prospect of doing that.

What one should try to do is come to an understanding of the actual shape & form of the phenomenon - behind and beyond the shadows that are cast by all of the reports. Of course, one must take into account the biases and limitations and political orientations of the sources from which one does the gathering.

Furthermore, one must learn how to hold one's mind in a state of abeyance of certainty until aspects of the reality begin to manifest within your ken. This is a corollary to the Socratic epiphany that you "know nothing".

All you have to do is make mental notes of who said what. Don't reject any of it out of hand. The Unconscious - that wonderful tool that few people know how to employ - will work simultaneously on all tracks, seeking data that either confirms =or= negates &, ultimately, resolves the various minutia of all of the opinions and affirmations embodied within the data that you assemble.

One must examine everything on a line-item basis. As Lao Tzu said, "The Tao is not this; not that."

Last edited by Mayacaman; 07-27-2020 at 09:05 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email