Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    caromia333

CNN: Vaccines currently being tested in humans are already causing serious side effects.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/opini...ine/index.html

"One thing we do know is that some of the vaccines currently being tested in humans are already causing serious side effects. The side effects are likely a result of the powerful ingredients added to the vaccine to help inflame the body's immune system. These ingredients -- called adjuvants -- help vaccines work better, but if they can land the young and healthy patients in the clinical trial in the hospital because of high fevers and fainting, imagine what they might do to those already ill with secondary conditions or to those who are older. Indeed, the elderly may need repeated doses of the vaccine, given how resistance to some vaccinations becomes progressively more profound with time.

But even without a vaccine, there is reason for hope that a medical solution to the crisis will soon be at hand. It will likely take the form of anti-Covid drugs that will be able to treat patients newly infected and prevent others from becoming ill. These drugs can likely help us bridge the gap between where we are today -- with only masks, hand hygiene and physical distancing to protect us -- to where we hope to be tomorrow -- with a vaccine in hand."
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Goat Rock Ukulele

Re: CNN: Vaccines currently being tested in humans are already causing serious side effect

Part of these initial trials is to find correct dosing of the vaccine. Too low a dose not enough response, too high a dose and some may get the high fever this guy had. This is not a problem other than the one day this guy had the high fever. Moderna is not using that high dosage anymore. It does not follow that an older person would have a greater reaction. A younger person generally needs a lower dose of a vaccine to produce immunity. If you are over 65 and get a flu shot it will have a higher dose than a flu shot for a younger person. When I was younger if I got a flu shot I would get a fever and flu symptoms for a day. Now that I'm older, nothing.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by caromia333: View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/08/opini...ine/index.html

"One thing we do know is that some of the vaccines currently being tested in humans are already causing serious side effects. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-10-2020 at 12:26 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Goat Rock Ukulele

Re: CNN: Vaccines currently being tested in humans are already causing serious side effect

'I Feel Fantastic,' COVID-19 Vaccine Volunteer Says

https://www.newser.com/story/293465/4-months-in-vaccine-volunteer-feels-fantastic.html