Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Space Wars?
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    arthunter

Space Wars?

Wow, I guess that this would be a good time to get less reliant on technology ...

https://m.theepochtimes.com/space-fo...ource=smartech
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    podfish

Re: Space Wars?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by arthunter: View Post
    Wow, I guess that this would be a good time to get less reliant on technology ..
    sadly, that ship has sailed. It's always good to be personally less reliant on technology, just like it's good to recycle and have a low carbon footprint. But the society's totally reliant on it, scarily so, and any real disruption would be catastrophic. No hiding from it, either.

3. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

4. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

Wow, I guess that this would be a good time to get less reliant on technology ...

https://m.theepochtimes.com/space-fo...ource=smartech
    Rosanne, the Epoch Times is a far-right publication. The Epoch Times promotes extremist and far-right politicians and is closely associated with the ideology of people such as Steve Bannon, Milo Yiannopoulos, and other fascists / racists. Please be more careful with the sources and propaganda you publish. Thank you.

The Epoch Times: The Epoch Times is a U.S. based international multi-language newspaper and media extension of the Falun Gongnew religious movement.[4][5][6] The newspaper is part of the Epoch Media Group, which also operates New Tang Dynasty Television (NTD).[7]For its articles, the publication draws from a network within China, as well as staff living in the West.[8][9][10] It has websites in 35 countries.[11] Its websites are blocked in mainland China, whose Communist governmentThe Epoch Times investigates for human rights violations.[11]The Epoch Times is known in Europe to promote far-right politicians,[12][13] and in the United States it backs President Donald Trump; a 2019 report showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign.[14][15][16] The group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda.[7][17][18] The organization frequently promotes other Falun Gong extensions, such as its performing arts company, Shen Yun.[4]
    Last edited by Barry; 07-05-2020 at 12:42 PM.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    arthunter

Edward,

I'm sorry, but I am non partisan ... I don't do right and left ... I find it counter-productive, so you'll have to have that argument with someone else, .... and believe me, you can argue for the rest of your life about it without actually getting anything done ...

I also don't subscribe to the current labels that have been applied to our political parties ... I don't buy that all Democrats are Communists and I don't buy that all Republicans are racist. The media seems to be pushing these extreme labels ... why? I take all of that with a grain of salt and on a case by case basis. So, I can't counter your allegations that this is a racist rag put out by fascists, except to ask for proof, which I will consider carefully ...

Anyways. your criticism and suggested censorship of this source led me to some research, so thank you ... most articles that I found were derogatory, but then, in the current climate, I would expect any pro-Trump rag to be ripped to shreds, and this rag is definitely pro Trump ... but why?

I looked further and found the following article ... I suggest that you read it and realize that the people behind this publication are claiming that they are tortured in China, ... they practice meditation ... and they publish ,... they look to Trump to save them .... interesting article ....

https://www.getreligion.org/getrelig...t-off-facebook

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Rosanne, the Epoch Times is a far-right publication. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-05-2020 at 12:43 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #5
    Valley Oak

Rosanne, you don't understand. The Epoch Times lies! It is almost 100% propaganda. There is relatively little truth to what they are doing. This is not a matter of being non-partisan. This is a matter of misinformation. It does not matter if the misinformation comes from the left or the right, The Epoch Times lies, misinforms, and primarily provides dishonest, bias, political propaganda that is unreliable and not to be trusted.

I'm sorry, but I am non partisan ... I don't do right and left ...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-06-2020 at 10:40 AM.

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #6
    arthunter

Edward,

I'm not that familiar with this publication but I must say, I've heard similar criticism about every publication on earth lately ... We're in a terrible time of propaganda and deception and everyone feels that their information is correct... I feel that it's all very political because we are in a very intense struggle regarding world politics ... and China? .. it's an all out technology war that scares me like nothing else ...

I'm not defending The Epoch Times because I don't know it well enough and I haven't the time to investigate, but they are contributing to Trump's re-election so that would certainly put a target on their back. I did do a quick search to see if there were any slander lawsuits against them, ... I couldn't find any but I didn't spend a lot of time on it ...

You know, I've had requests for interviews from NBC news and the New York Times ... I didn't have enough information to respond to the NBC prompt but I did respond to the New York Times ... I gave the reporter facts, nothing but facts purposely leaving opinion out of it ... he ignored the facts and wrote a biased piece of crap ... I was so upset that I wrote a rebuttal in which I shared our e-mail communication. ... so I know about press BS ... what a shame that propaganda has been legalized in our country ... what a shame that our media is owned by six corporations ... it's not a fun world at the moment ... people don't know what to believe and I suspect that that is intentional ...

When people question my sources I usually find the same information from several different sources, because really, in the end, I'm usually trying to express a concern... I don't ring the alarm unless it's important
    ... we can recover from fires, floods, pandemics, race riots, and even murder hornets ... but we won't recover that easily if we're dealing with directed energy in space ...

Thank you for the discussion ....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Rosanne, you don't understand. The Epoch Times lies! It is almost 100% propaganda. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-06-2020 at 10:42 AM.

11. Gratitude expressed by:

12. TopTop #7
    podfish

... I must say, I've heard similar criticism about every publication on earth lately ... We're in a terrible time of propaganda and deception and everyone feels that their information is correct...
    When people question my sources I usually find the same information from several different sources, because really, in the end, I'm usually trying to express a concern.
    the thing is, some of the criticism is better justified than others. It's kind of an important distinction.
    It's also important to distinguish between information that can be found on several sites from information that emanates from several sources. The number of sites is a measure of the passion (or business model) of people who share particular interests. It's amazing how often you can trace a piece of information to a single source - for example, it's interesting to see why we think 98.6 is the normal human temperature. The big difference there, is that that number has been repeatedly tested and (largely) holds up as fact.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #8
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

...You know, I've had requests for interviews from NBC news and the New York Times ... I didn't have enough information to respond to the NBC prompt but I did respond to the New York Times ... I gave the reporter facts, nothing but facts purposely leaving opinion out of it ... he ignored the facts and wrote a biased piece of crap ... I was so upset that I wrote a rebuttal in which I shared our e-mail communication. ...
    Care to share the New York Times article that was a "biased piece of crap"??

15. Gratitude expressed by:

16. TopTop #9
    arthunter

Thanks ... I agree ....

The information that I'm sharing now is backed by our president and the United Nations, in fact the UN just published a document with my signature on it ... yes, a Sonoma County artist / animal rescuer / business woman hits the big time of global politics ... and I wanted none of it ...

in this group, I wouldn't even risk mentioning it at all without this backing, ... and that's a compliment ...

Regarding information, ... yes, lots of people share it and only facts can be verified ... and I KNOW first hand about the deception going on and it's criminal ...

as I've said, I'm lucky ... my facts are now under investigation by the UN, a mixed blessing ... I say that because our military and our government are about to be brutally discredited and I don't think that they are solely responsible for what's going on ...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    the thing is, some of the criticism is better justified than others. It's kind of an important distinction....

17. TopTop #10
    arthunter

I think that I'll wait until the UN general assembly in October where these issues will be openly discussed, as that will verify my claim that it's a biased piece of crap, but thanks for your interest ....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Care to share the New York Times article that was a "biased piece of crap"??

18. Gratitude expressed by: