Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Suzanne

Moveon.org: Help get out the progressive/democrat vote - phone calls from your home

Hi All,
    I have been volunteering with moveon.org. What got me started was an article on alternet.org that said that moveon.org is really starting to bug the Republicans and the Neocons. So that was my initial motivation.
    I just want to pass on that this is an opportunity to help bring about change, from the comfort of your home. Moveon.org is targeting a get out the vote of democrats and progressives in key races around the country.

I am currently doing phone calls from home (about 30 calls a day) for specific races in a state selected by moveon.org

It's easy, takes me about a half hour and is kind of fun, especially when talking to folks in southern states.

EASY to LEARN: Moveon.org has a script online that you follow. I've found it useful to go look up a bit of info about each candidate before I call, but it's not necessary. We don't argue with folks..we're just trying to identify the folks who will support the democrat/progressive in that race and to update the moveon database.

If you do not have unlimited dialing, there is an 800 number you can call, and moveon.org will dial the numbers for you from that 800 number.

Feel free to email me if I can be of any assistance or you need a nudge or have a question.
    https://pol.moveon.org/phone/volunteer/c4c.html

Cheers!
    Suzanne
    Last edited by Barry; 10-18-2006 at 04:01 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email