Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Covid and cats
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Moon

Covid and cats

Reportedly, house cats can get Covid from their human friends, but not vice-versa; I can't find the URL now, but you can find it on goodsearch.org (which donates to your fave charity.) Wash your hands when you come home.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    gypsey

Re: Covid and cats

Last summer my dog picked up another kind of coronavirus from contact with a sick chilld. We know this b/c of testing to get at what seemed to be a diagnostic mystery. So I learned then about human transfer to pets and that it is not vice versa from mammals. Of course.I would like to better understand why COVID 19 was transmitted supposedly from a bat or similar species to humans. Credible resources would be welcome. (I will also check link below.)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Moon: View Post
    Reportedly, house cats can get Covid from their human friends, but not vice-versa; I can't find the URL now, but you can find it on goodsearch.org (which donates to your fave charity.) Wash your hands when you come home.

4. TopTop #3
    gypsey

As a follow up I did try the "goodsearch.org" site but it seemed to be a yahoo site. Maybe a corrected url can be osted? Thanks.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    Last summer my dog picked up another kind of coronavirus from contact with a sick chilld. We know this b/c of testing to get at what seemed to be a diagnostic mystery. So I learned then about human transfer to pets and that it is not vice versa from mammals. Of course.I would like to better understand why COVID 19 was transmitted supposedly from a bat or similar species to humans. Credible resources would be welcome. (I will also check link below.)

5. TopTop #4
    Moon

goodsearch.org does have an arrangement with Yahoo! to use their search resources, but as long as you have signed up with goodsearch and you're logged in to your email, every search gives a penny to the charity you've chosen.