Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Mayacaman

An Open Protest Re: the Marginalization of Dissent from the Party line of the MSM

An Open Protest Re: the Marginalization
    of Dissent from the Party-line of the MSM

Perhaps people who are tarred as "conspiracy theorists" should engage in a little "identity politics" and protest that they have become an oppressed minority?

Calling someone a “conspiracy theorist” in America today is equivalent to calling an African-American a “nigger” in the South during Jim Crow, or calling someone a “communist” in the paranoid political climate of 1950, at the beginning of the Korean War.

At that time, Stalinism was on the march in Europe, with Fronts on every continent. The "enemy within" were those people within the United States who were card-carrying members of the Communist Party, U.S.A., & thus, allied or affiliated with the “enemy without” - the Soviet Union. It was necessary to demonize those people – though they were, many of them, hard-working, decent Americans.

During the period of the post World War Two “Red Scare,” people who merely considered themselves “progressives” were also tarred with the brush of being associated with the “enemy without.” After the House of Un-American Activities Committee passed through Hollywood in 1947, a ‘Black List’ came about, and many people were fired from their jobs. -OR if they were Screenwriters, the Studios would no longer consider reading their scripts. They had been outed as “communists.”

The derogatory use of the term "communist” to discredit or marginalize people was universally in use in the United States right up until the time on the cusp of the '90's when the Berlin Wall came down, & the Soviet Union came to an
    end. Some right wing talk jocks still use the old term as a signal to the flocks that a thing or person is bad. For instance, both Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage used the term earlier this year in connection with Bernie Sanders. -Which was ridiculous, since Bernie is not a “communist” by any stretch of the imagination.

Nevertheless, after the Fall of the Soviet Union, it became necessary to find a new term of approbation to replace the less relevant term “communist.” The phrase “conspiracy theorist” fit the bill perfectly. It was a term that fits all sizes – on “both sides of the aisle” and on both “sides” of the “Great Divide.” After all, any old "conspiracy theory" is all things to all men.

The so-called (modified & altered) ‘left” could be trained to react adversely & reject anything – even without examining – labelled as a “right-wing conspiracy theory.” -And conversely, and with the same minimal use of gray matter, the so-called “right wing” could be (read ‘has been’) taught to automatically reject anything that was/is dismissed as a “conspiracy theory” by their favorite “right-wing” talk jock.

I first noticed this use of the term {“conspiracy theory”) in a new light back in 1991, after the first Gulf War. I noticed, when a caller to Rush Limbaugh who stated that the Federal Reserve Bank is a privately owned joint stock company, was summarily dismissed & hung up on by good ol’ 10-4 good buddy Rush. “That’s a conspiracy theory!” Rush spat out.

Earlier in 1991, I'd had the exact same experience at KPFA, when I tried to say the same thing about the Fed when the lines were open to in-calls. Philip Maldari hung up on me & decried my words as “a conspiracy theory.”

Funny, that mention of the Same Institution should evoke the same flashing red light response from two very differently oriented radio personalities, on two vastly different politically oriented networks; but it is so.

That was when it began – in the early 90’s - the use of the phrase as a new litmus of conformity – on the "Left" & on the “Right.”

So, since the Fall of the Soviet Union and the End of the Cold War, discrediting people as “conspiracy theorists” has become the norm for that species of chauvinist who pride themselves in being immune from those insidious mental worms of “conspiracy theory.”

Not discerning their own phobias and fears, they find refuge in the superiority they confer upon themselves by the practice of systematically rejecting any data that disturbs the security of their own personal, preferred comfort zone.

“Discerning conspiracy theorists” on the other hand, are aware that, just as all of the “major religions” are roughly eighty-five percent in agreement about “morality” & “practice” {It is in "metaphysics" & “theology” that the differences lie} most well-crafted “conspiracy theories” contain roughly eighty to eighty-five percent validity. –Otherwise, they would have no traction at all.

“Discerning conspiracy theorists” know a little about logic, and realize that if one rejects any “theory” (or thesis) completely [one hundred per cent (100%)] one is rejecting with it, a fair amount of what is Real.

“Discerning conspiracy theorists” know that the C.I.A. in the wake of the initial, discerning, critical analyses of the Warren Commission Report, began running their own disinformation campaign, and created a cottage industry in churning out bogus paperback “conspiracy theories” on the subject of the Kennedy assassination. Later, they made the saying “Oh, that's just another conspiracy theory” a common figure of speech.

“Discerning conspiracy theorists” also know – as a matter of course, being familiar with the terrain - how to ferret out what is false from what is true & real. This process, however, does take “discernment” – and the use of the grey matter we all were given. Furthermore, one must know a great deal in order to be able to do this.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Mayacaman

Re: An Open Protest Re: the Marginalization of Dissent from the Party line of the MSM

Q. What is the Party-line Concerning Novel Coronavirus?

A. "Novel Coronavirus" is 'Bat Soup' & 'Nature's Revenge'

>> Good-thinkful Subjects Must Not Deviate from
    MSM Party-line - to the
    Left or to the Right <<

WARNING !

Deviants from Party-line to be Socially Disciplined;
    Marginalized as "Kooks" in All Social Media Platforms;
    & Ostracized from Society as "Conspiracy Theorists"

Hardened Deviants from M S M
    * Party line to be Summoned
    before Tribunals for Examination & possible Sentencing
    to Re-education Camps for Social Crime of not Repeating
    M S M Party Line Mantra Faithfully, Obediently, & Often:

H e r e ' s ***** t h e *** %% M a n t ra :

" Novel Coronavirus" is 'Bat Soup' & "Nature's Revenge" "
    "Novel Coronavirus" is 'Bat Soup' & "Nature's Revenge" "

[ It's a Green Mantra ; Easy for Nature-lovers]

Last edited by Mayacaman; 04-25-2020 at 09:25 PM.

4. TopTop #3
    Mayacaman

Re: An Open Protest Re: the Marginalization of Dissent from the Party line of the MSM

The following is a copy of the Boiler-plate Letter that our moderator, Barry Chertov sends me on a daily basis. Sometimes I get two, sometimes three and four of these per day :

Your post, Re: Anatomy of Delusion: How Otherwise Conscious People Descended into the Darkness, has been marked as Exclude Post from Digest on WaccoBB.

You can see your post here: View on WaccoBB

This could be for a number of reasons:

1) Excessively long quote of the post you are replying to. Please edit your post to only quote the most relevant section.

2) Excessively long reposted article. Please only post the first few paragraphs or the most relevant section of the article. Please include a link to full artilce.

3) Formatting issues, including pasting in a formatted email. This is often difficult to fix. I suggest you remove all your post content and replace with a short explanation about the purpose of your post and then include an email to the website or the link in the email to view email on the web.

Other formatting issues include embedded HTML or images that are making the post too wide.

If your post is part of an existing thread (with other replies), you post has already been sent to all users who have posted or expressed gratitude to any post on the thread.

You are welcome to leave the post as is. It will remain on the website but not be included in our daily digest email. If you chose to fix it, please edit your post ASAP to correct the above issues and reply to this email to let me know you have fixed it.

You are welcome to reply with any other questions or comments.

Barry

I **Protest *!
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand  

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    geomancer

WTF, 2 or 3 deleted posts a day? You are spamming this site. I doubt anyone has the time or inclination to read even half your (very lengthy) posts. You are shouting into the void. More self awareness of your effect on others is in order. For instance, despite your heated denial: "I never use "ALL CAPS" - never. Another false accusation", you did in fact use ALL CAPS in your response to me on 8/24. Here is a screen shot from the Wacco Digest for 8/25 to remind you:
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand  

7. TopTop #5
    Mayacaman

You seem to misunderstand, Richard. The Boiler-plate letter does not say "Your post has been deleted". Rather, it says "your post has been marked as Exclude Post from Digest on WaccoBB." There is a difference there. Barry does not generally delete my posts. And he is always very civil about notifying me when he deems it expedient to move them down into the Ninth Ward.

And, so it was on that day. My post on the "Plandemic Movie" thread was marked "Exclude from Digest" I have the evidence here ( * See below) , In a personal email from Our Moderator. So, It is quite beyond me how it ever made it on into the Digest that day - since my articles almost never appear there.

Furthermore I am recursive when I write to the point of being Obsessive-compulsive. This is a confession. Barry can testify to this. I mull over everything I write, fussing about the grammar, the punctuation, the syntax, et cetera, until I get it perfect. I never use "ALL CAPS" - Never. I quite agree with you, Richard, it is very gauche to do so.

Furthermore, I have no memory of that missive ever turning up, in any of the many, many times I hit the "Preview Post" tab on that day - August 24, 2020 - in the format of "ALL CAPS." - And if, by some freaky accident it had degenerated into "ALL CAPS", You can bet your bottom dollar that I certainly would have re-adjusted it, to get it perfect, before I hit the "Submit Reply" tab... You can count on that.

The second screen shot ( * See Below ) is a Record of how the post appeared when it finally cleared my desk, just after midnight on August 24th.

Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand  

8. TopTop #6
    Mayacaman

Making **Distinctions

Let us examine this Package of "Anti-Conspiracy Theory" Propaganda which Barry our moderator seems to have thought fit to unload in the Ghetto of the Ninth Ward. I will examine it square by square. I can only speak for myself...

Starting at the top, left to right, row by row. Do I believe that the Holocaust did not happen? No.
    Rabinically, I am a Jew (mother's mother) and my first serious psychological trauma came at the age of six on the day when my Jewish Grandmother, Edith Fleischer Liggett, unloaded her own holocaust trauma on me, and told me how she learned, in the course of 1945 that eighty-five percent of her extended family in Europe had been liquidated by the Nazis. "Liquidated" was the word they used back then.

She and her brother, Walter Fletcher - who was the Picture Editor at the New York Times - knew scores of journalists. Around VE Day in 1945, they gave the names and pre-War addresses of their cousins (to the fifth degree) to several journalists who were about to embark for Liberated Europe. The Fleischers, Perlmans, Grossmans & Rosenblatts were old-school, literate, Jewish families who always kept in touch via letters & posts, and my grandmother and her siblings knew exactly where each of their cousins to the fifth degree had been living in September of 1939.

On a sunny Saturday afternoon in the Summer of 1956 my grandmother let all of her Angst out and held back nothing. She told me how, with mounting horror, she learned, blow by blow, from one correspondent, then from another among their journalist friends, that one family had been rounded up and sent to Majdanek, another to Auschwitz, a third to Treblinka, a fourth to Theresienstadt, et cetera... By November of 1945, she and her brother Walter did the Math: roughly eighty-five percent of their extended family were gone.

As someone whose own extended family in Europe was engulfed and 85% "liquidated" in the Shoah, I find this particular Square in this block of eight "Cartoons" to be particularly odious - there is no softer word for it - lumped together as it is with the other squares.

Moving right along...

Do I believe that Oswald was set up to be “the patsy” for the operation to kill JFK? *Yes.

Do I believe that Oswald acted alone? **No.

The research of scores of serious researchers has confirmed the facts : Lee Harvey Oswald was a low-level C.I.A. employee and was part of the Operation. It was not until after the President was shot that he began to get wind of any indication that he was being set up to become the “patsy”.

Furthermore, the 1976 official government commission on the assassination of the 35th president, stated, in conclusion:

"The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that President John F. Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy."

It was an exceedingly mild statement, but it was stated - and it is in the Record. There are many serious books on the subject of the Kennedy Assassination by
    many legitimate researchers –some of whom have spent decades on the trail of the real assassins. I don’t think this is the time or place for a complete bibliography.

One recent book however, that I’ve read in the past five years is “Family of Secrets: The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and the Hidden History of the Last Fifty Years” by Russell Baker. I highly recommend it. It ties the Kennedy Assassination and the 9/11 Operation together as links in the chain of the Process by which Amerika has became a Fascist Police State.

Did Elvis fake his own death? Who knows? I tend to think not; that he was simply coming unglued at the time he died and overdosed on alcohol and drugs – the demise of many a lost soul. If he did fake his own death, I hope he had a good life and had lots of fun in his new identity, incognito. Is this really a serious issue? To me this is a non- issue; one which trivializes the serious aspects of the issues in the first two squares.

Are there Aliens in Area 51? Does the Air Force & NASA and the “Deep State” fraternize with Grays & other Extra-terrestrial critters underground on the High Desert of Nevada? Again, Who knows? I certainly don’t, nor do I lose any sleep wondering.

Circumstances that militate towards this being at least in the realm of the possible is the long stream of “witnesses” from within the Military Establishment who have appeared as talking heads on Coast-to-Coast, beginning with the first host of the show, Art Bell.

Nevertheless, I tend to agree with the Dutch political analyst Joel van der Reijden, PhD - that from the beginning Coast-to-Coast has been a channel for Central Intelligence Agency disinformation; a subtle means of injecting right-wing propaganda into the counter-culture.

Was the Moon Landing in the Summer of 1969 staged? -OR- was it actually filmed on the London set of Stanley Kubrick’s “Space Odyssey 2001” before the set was disassembled?

Again, it beats me. Is this even important? It certainly does not rate on the scale of Importance as events like the murder of the president on November 22, 1963 -Or- 9/11 as the excuse for the subsequent “Patriot Act”.

Moving right along. September 11, 2001. Did nineteen Saudi Arabian Sunni militant Jihadis, armed with box cutters, hijack four Jets and crash two into the Twin Towers and one into the Pentagon on the morning of that fateful day? Were these men –like Lee Harvey Oswald- also acting ‘alone’?

Furthermore, did the Twin Towers disintegrate and fall to the ground, free-fall, without the use of plastic explosives and without being already wired & set up for demolition?

There are plenty of holes in the “cover story” that the government would have us believe. And there are plenty of legitimate answers at this site: https://www.wanttoknow.info/911information

And again, I would also refer the reader to the Book already mentioned, “Family of Secrets
    : The Bush Dynasty, America's Invisible Government, and the Hidden History of the Last Fifty Yearsby the very credible journalist, Russell Baker.

Square Seven: Are members of the power elite into kinky sexual practices and satanic rituals that abuse children? **I don’t think there is any question on that score; the Answer is Yes. -Though the proper word for it is not “pedophilia” – which, from the Greek root implies 'love' - but “pederasty” which implies rape, defilement, and degradation.

Is Prezident Donald J. Trump on the side of the People, valiantly fighting the Satanic Ritual Abusers of the “Deep State”? I seriously doubt it. There is plenty of evidence that he was chummy with the late, "suicided" Jeffery Epstein - who was in the thick of it.

Already, I have made my position clear
    here on WaccoBB, on the issue of “Q” being a big Psy-Op. Here, and again, here.

What is offensive about the totality of this eight-sectioned “Cartoon” is the brazen manner in which it lumps together all of these so-called “delusional and paranoid” issues as if they all were seamlessly part of the mental cupboard of the average, typical ”conspiracy theorist.” These squares are not co-equal. The whole thrust of this is to demonize and vilify people who think outside of the corporate media prescribed box.

Life is not like a Cartoon. It is far more serious. Reality is relentless, and often unforgiving. Amerika has careened relentlessly towards Fascism ever since November 22, 1963. The legislation that was steamrolled through Congress in the Aftermath of September 11, 2001 has brought us even closer to Fascism...

Those two events were part and parcel of a staged series of mini- coups-d’etats, each implementing a stage of the imposition of fascism in America. Those of us who see through the glass, darkly, are not “delusional and paranoid” but rather clear-headed and awake.

9. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

10. TopTop #7
    Mayacaman

Once Again, I Must Protest !

Once Again, I must protest that Barry Chertov has moved several threads from the uptown "Coronavirus" Ward down to the Ninth Ward where they are marginalized and mocked as "Conspiracy theories." Here are the threads - moved all at once, in a period of One hour, on the whim of a man who seems to believe that the Class War itself is a "conspiracy theory" :

11. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

12. TopTop #8
    OurFreeSociety

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post
    How do you know when he moves them?Anyone who censors THE TRUTH is part of the evil collective.I don't care what anyone says about this being their forum, SM site, etc.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #9
    Mayacaman

OurFreeSociety wrote:

"How do you know when he moves them? Anyone who censors THE TRUTH is part of the evil collective. I don't care what anyone says about this being their forum, SM site, etc."

Dear OurFreeSociety,

I happen to know when he moves them because Barry always informs me when he moves my missives down into the Ninth Ward. In some ways he is a gentleman about it - I'll grant him that. And when I post something that he chooses to marginalize he always lets me know that it has been marked "Exclude Post from Digest on WaccoBb".

Examples:

Mayacaman,

The thread titled "Covid-19: politicisation, �corruption,� and suppression of science" has been moved from Coronavirus to Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories.

Regards,

Barry
    WaccoBB.net

Your post, Re: Covid-19: politicisation, �corruption,� and suppression of science, has been marked as Exclude Post from Digest on WaccoBB.

You can see your post here: View on WaccoBB

This could be for a number of reasons:

1) Excessively long quote of the post you are replying to. Please edit your post to only quote the most relevant section.

2) Excessively long reposted article. Please only post the first few paragraphs or the most relevant section of the article. Please include a link to full artilce.

3) Formatting issues, including pasting in a formatted email. This is often difficult to fix. I suggest you remove all your post content and replace with a short explanation about the purpose of your post and then include an email to the website or the link in the email to view email on the web.

Other formatting issues include embedded HTML or images that are making the post too wide.

If your post is part of an existing thread (with other replies), your post has already been sent to all users who have posted or expressed gratitude to any post on the thread.

You are welcome to leave the post as is. It will remain on the website but not be included in our daily digest email. If you chose to fix it, please edit your post ASAP to correct the above issues and reply to this email to let me know you have fixed it.

You are welcome to reply with any other questions or comments.

Barry

Mayacaman,

The thread titled "How COVID-19 Vaccine Can Destroy Your Immune System" has been moved from Coronavirus to Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories.

Regards,
    Barry

WaccoBB.net

15. TopTop #10
    OurFreeSociety

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post
    Oh, well I don't consider that censorship b/c I get that too b/c my posts are way too long LOLNow if you wrote a short one, do you still get that?I don't know what he considers short, but you & I are way too verbose unfortunately LOL

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #11
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by OurFreeSociety: View Post

Well, I am frequently told that my posts have been marked "Exclude from Digest on WaccoBB" - frequently. Sometimes Poetry, even - Bible verses & Songs by Robert Burns have gotten that special treatment. And often short missives, also. Anything that Barry does not agree with that I write is liable to be marked "Exclude from Digest on WaccoBB." That's because Barry is a bigot.

He hasn't banned me yet, however, because - I suspect - he likes keeping me around as his designated field negro & whipping boy. I also keep posting because I feel some sort of weird mixture (half masochism & half idealism ??) of trying to "speak truth to power" on behalf of all the local yocals. You know, "Think Global, Act Local."

18. TopTop #12
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: Originally and not too long ago, Barry created 2 categories/threads: "Coronavirus" for more generally accepted info, and "Corona virus conspiracy theories" or words to that effect. The separation worked well for a while but then the conspiracy theorists began submitting their posts to the Coronavirus thread. For whatever reasons, Barry did not block the flow. ...

"the conspiracy theorists" {i.e., commies & field negroes}

-So, if one has been designated and socially isolated (quarantined?) as a "conspiracy theorist" [Refer to the initial post on this thread] then, ipso ergo, wisewomn, one should not be allowed to post along with the gentry who live in & frequent the Uptown Ward ? Is that it?

One more Question, wisewomn - while there is yet a little daylight on the Wacco
    Bb Scene: How would you describe yourself politically ?- Are you a "Liberal" - a Leftist - a Centrist ? Because, in my opinion, you are not very "liberal" in practice. At least not according to the classical definition of the Word "liberal".