Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    wisewomn

The Lincoln Project

I could be the last person to learn of this group, but just in case I'm not, here's a link:

https://lincolnproject.us/

I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there are a few sane apostates among the Republican crowd.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Re: The Lincoln Project

They were new to me actually. But let's not forget the "Log Cabin Republicans" - another Lincoln focused R group that has long represented the LGBTQ community.

And, to step back- let us not forget the history of the dichotomies between R & D. After the civil war- the south went "democratic" . "Blue Dog Democrats" I think they we're called- and still exist today. They rebelled against Lincoln and hence the Republicans. They were the Democrats many far right still love to gleefully point out opposed civil rights etc.

It's part of the reason the whole Republican or Democrat label makes no more sense then trying to peg a musician as country/ alt country / rock/ whatever... the label makes no more sense then what they do....

A democrat in Georgia isn't a democrat in CA anymore then a Republican in WA is a Republican in Mississippi. We want thinks to be as simple as black/white. Left/right. But they aren't. Hell- Sanders/Warren/Buttigeg/Inslee/Yang/Biden/Bloomberg/Styer should have removed all doubt the label is meaningless...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by: