Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

Biden Sexually Assaults Women

Tara Reade accuses Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her:

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    cyberanvil

Re: Biden Sexually Assaults Women

Yep, saw the accusation a week or so ago. Joey was supposedly doing a bit of finger play.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-05-2020 at 12:15 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

What beats the tar out of me is the fact that many of the same folks from the Me Too movement have zipped their mouths shut despite the flood of evidence mounting against Biden, such as Alyson Milano, featured in the video.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    cyberanvil

Hypocrisy is a monkey on the Left's back. And they feel comfortable with the load.

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #5
    american dream

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    Yep, saw the accusation a week or so ago. Joey was supposedly doing a bit of finger play.
    'A bit of finger play'? No, an assault.

10. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

11. TopTop #6
    luke32

Choose one, please:

1) I search for this stuff until I find it.
    2 I just run across it. in the mainstream media.
    3) I am a Sanders supporter and haven't given up hope yet.
    4) I am the only WACCOBB reader who supports Trump?

Thanks

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Tara Reade accuses Joe Biden of sexually assaulting her:
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2020 at 11:56 AM.

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #7
    Valley Oak

George, you're ignoring the sexual assault allegations. That's the point. Are you denying them? Have you become a Biden supporter now? I don't think so.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by luke32: View Post
    Choose one, please:
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2020 at 11:56 AM.

14. TopTop #8
    geomancer

These two articles are worth reading:

Salon: A woman accuses Joe Biden of sexual assault, and all hell breaks loose online. Here's what we know

Medium: Evidence Casts Doubt on Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegations of Joe Biden

Quote:

So here is the timeline. No matter how you spin it, it doesn’t add up.

• 2017 — Reade repeatedly attacked Putin and Russia on Twitter for election interference and for Russian legislation that legalized domestic violence.
    • 2018 — Reade claims she liked Russia since she left Washington DC (over a decade ago), and praised Putin and Russia over and over again. She also directly praised Putin for his treatment of women in multiple articles.
    • March, 2019-February 2020 — Reade continues to praise Putin.
    • March, 2020 — Reade tells Vox News that she started liking Putin and Russia in 2018 after “watching Noam Chomsky,” but no longer likes Putin after finding out about domestic violence in Russia. (note: in 2018 she claimed to have loved Russia since over a decade ago, and in 2017 she was retweeting tweets on her account condemning to Russia’s domestic violence among other things.)
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2020 at 01:13 PM.

15. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

16. TopTop #9
    geomancer

Another quote from

Medium: Evidence Casts Doubt on Tara Reade’s Sexual Assault Allegations of Joe Biden

The Alexandra Tara Reade/Moulton/McCabe Timeline

Here is a more complete timeline of events, regarding Tara Reade’s actions toward both Joe Biden and Vladimir Putin.

• December 1992 — August 1993 — Tara Reade worked as a Senate aide in Joe Biden’s office.
    • 2009 — Reade commended Biden for actions he has taken against domestic violence.
    • 2017 — Reade repeatedly attacked Putin and Russia on Twitter for election interference and for Russian legislation that legalized domestic violence.
    • 2017 — Reade repeatedly praised Joe Biden through tweets, retweets and “likes” on Twitter. On multiple occasions she boosts him for his work on helping end sexual assault.
    • 2018 — Reade claims she liked Russia since she left Washington DC (Over a decade ago), and praised Putin and Russia over and over again. She also directly praised Putin for his treatment of women in multiple articles.
    • January of 2019 — Reade first begins talking about her sexual harassment allegations against Joe Biden on Twitter.
    • March, 2019 — Reade continues to praise Putin.
    • April, 2019 — Reade comes forward with her original allegationsagainst Biden, but says his actions were NOT “sexualization,” but rather compared his actions toward her as being demeaning and treating her like a “pretty” lamp that is thrown away when it’s too bright. She also claimed that her story was not “a story about sexual misconduct.”
    • September 2019 — Reade calls on Joe Biden to be investigated for his dealings with Ukraine.
    • January, 2020 — Reade continues to praise Vladimir Putin on Twitter.
    • March, 2020 — Reade comes forward again, this time claiming that Joe Biden did sexually assault her in 1993.
    • March, 2020 — Reade tells Vox News that she started liking Putin and Russia in 2018 after “watching Noam Chomsky,” but no longer likes Putin after finding out about domestic violence in Russia. (note: in 2018 she claimed to have loved Russia since over a decade ago, and in 2017 she was posting tweets on her account related to Russia’s domestic violence.)
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2020 at 01:15 PM.

17. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

18. TopTop #10
    Shepherd

A vote for Biden is a vote against women.

My prediction would be that Bernie Sanders would have a woman Vice-President. If he dies in office, resigns, or is impeached, we would have our first woman president, which we desperately need. Or she would be at least the first woman Vice-President, which could help her run for the Presidency the next time around. VOTE FOR BERNIE.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-07-2020 at 11:55 AM.

19. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

20. TopTop #11
    BEE KIND

Fact: Biden has already pledged to choose a woman as his VP. Bernie has not committed to that. There is no factual proof that Biden has sexually assaulted women. The one woman who has alleged that happened has suspicious motives. Possibly being paid by Trump supporters. Her claim has not been validated.

21. Gratitude expressed by:

22. TopTop #12
    american dream

- as the Democratic Convention has been postponed by one month (and, possibly more) anything could still happen. Biden declared that he would choose a woman as his running mate, whereas Bernie said that he would 'be inclined to' do that. Still prefer Bernie, by miles, even with these statements and without the allegations against Biden. I would hope that Bernie's single payer health plan doesn't look so bad to everyone now.

23. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

24. TopTop #13
    Valley Oak

Right now, the virus is center stage and the POTUS election has taken a back seat. Let's see what happens later this year regarding the elections, if the virus let's our civilization come up for air. It is highly unlikely that Biden will defeat Trump. There is a good chance that Trump will be re-elected. The best chance of victory over fascism in the United States is if someone other than Biden is the Democratic nominee. A female VP on his ticket will *not* do the trick. Biden has to go. Biden is almost a sure win for Trump.

Let's get a female Democratic nominee for president. It could be Harris, Warren, or someone else. And if not a woman POTUS candidate, then let's just get someone else in there who can defeat Trump because Biden is not the key. Biden is the key to Fascism further ensconcing itself, not only in the White House but American government and society, as it already has been doing for the last four years. The Democratic convention is just one way to achieve this but it's not the only one. Biden could resign but I doubt he is going to do this unless he has reached an agreement with Obama, and others, that he (Biden) will step out of the way and let someone else fight for the presidency.

Everyone must remember something very important: The American people did NOT elect Trump, the Electoral College did. Hillary Clinton defeated Trump in the popular vote by 3 million more voters. Trump does NOT represent the will of the American people, only his corporate lackeys, racists, and other dregs of society.

25. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

26. TopTop #14
    Thad

Is there any way possible to get Newsom as dark horse or would that even be a good idea? He's got a face you could vote for.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-16-2020 at 02:31 PM.

27. Gratitude expressed by:

28. TopTop #15
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    ...The best chance of victory over fascism in the United States is if someone other than Biden is the Democratic nominee...
    This is all just truly scary. And highly hypocritical.

Like Clinton- Biden has won the vote of the people. And yet you propose that should be overridden because *you* know better? Do you actually hear what you are saying?

Wasn't it DeToquiville who said "people tend to get the government they deserve" ?

Yes- Clinton beat Trump in the popular vote. But your claim that it was the electoral college that gave Trump the victory is a fallacy. It is *THE STATES* - including CA that give candidates a "winner take all" status in the Electoral College.

I'll point out too that even though it had no effect on the 2016 election- Sanders was responsible for changes to the DNC (as he packed it with his people) to keep super delegates out of the first round of voting...so that they only come into play if a candidate is not chosen on the first round of voting. Biden will clearly win the first round of voting with pledged delegates - so the DNC has no option for the coup you seem to favor.

On the flip side of things- Justin Amash seems to be considering a 3rd party run against Trump - which could do what Sanders did in 2016 and what Nader did in 2000 - split the party vote enough to give the election to the other party.

I'm no fan of Biden. And I have very mixed feelings about his pledge to nominate a woman VP. On the one hand it is a strong symbol. On another he should pick the best qualified candidate for the job. And not pander to any subgroup that might get him votes. But the same holds true for all those saying we should have a female presidential candidate...

In 2012 I was one of the only people here saying Trump was going to win. Not because I supported the &%)#(! but because I grew up back east, have spent time in virtually every state, and still have a lot of family and friends in many of the key swing states in the east and midwest. And I actually listen to...and understand, the concerns in their lives.

I think of everyone that ran- sadly, Biden has the best chance of defeating Trump.

But... as I see it right now- Trump will win again. In large part because a portion of the left is so bitter over the failure of Sanders and Warren they will continue to divide the party. And @#&$)# that he is... he is shrewd- and Trump will pull in probably more then the 10%+ of Sanders supporters he did in 2016, plus some from Warren.

As DeToquivlle said- "people tend to get the government they deserve).
    Last edited by Barry; 04-16-2020 at 02:32 PM.

29. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

30. TopTop #16
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Thad: View Post
    Is there any way possible to get Newsom as dark horse or would that even be a good idea? He's got a face you could vote for.
    Yea, he did such a good job in SF.

31. TopTop #17
    american dream

If not this time, then GN in 2024 for sure! He's very impressive.

32. Gratitude expressed by:

33. TopTop #18
    Valley Oak

The Young Turks, May 2, 2020

Stacey Abrams Denies Double Standard on Joe Biden, Brett Kavanaugh Sexual Assault Claims:
    Read more here.

"Former Georgia state representative Stacey Abrams doubled down on Tuesday night when she reaffirmed her support for Joe Biden despite the sexual assault allegations that have been brought against him."

34. Gratitude expressed by:

35. TopTop #19
    Hotspring 44

Quote Posted in reply to the post by luke32: View Post
    Choose one, please:

1) I search for this stuff until I find it.
    2 I just run across it. in the mainstream media.
    3) I am a Sanders supporter and haven't given up hope yet.
    4) I am the only WACCOBB reader who supports Trump?

Thanks
    I chose 5... ...None of the above {?}) How about 5-A?) I will ask the poster for a link and/or something to that effect and see where it goes from there... ...If no response, I won't bother spending any more energy than I already have with that and BTW FWIW, I won't be biting more bait that I can't either swallow or spit out, nor will I consciously do other's bidding and/or homework.

36. Gratitude expressed by:

37. TopTop #20
    Valley Oak

The Young Turks, May 4, 2020

The establishment is desperately trying to protect Joe Biden

"WASHINGTON (AP) — Tara Reade, the former Senate staffer who alleges Joe Biden sexually assaulted her 27 years ago, says she filed a limited report with a congressional personnel office that did not explicitly accuse him of sexual assault or harassment. “I remember talking about him wanting me to serve drinks because he liked my legs and thought I was pretty and it made me uncomfortable,” Reade said in an interview Friday with The Associated Press. “I know that I was too scared to write about the sexual assault.” Reade told the AP twice that she did not use the phrase “sexual harassment” in filing the complaint, but at other points in the interview said that was the behavior she believed she was describing. She said: “I talked about sexual harassment, retaliation. The main word I used – and I know I didn’t use sexual harassment — I used ‘uncomfortable.’ And I remember ‘retaliation.’”

38. TopTop #21
    geomancer

How about Bernie dead-enders, Left-wingers and tRump sycophants desperate to stop Joe Biden?

The thing about Reade's evolving story about Biden is that it stands alone as far as Biden's history is concerned. As such it requires strict scrutiny as to its logical consistency, which it fails in multiple ways.

Below are some links to some thoughtful articles on the subject (no YouTube for you!)

This one is by a former prosecutor that I found to be particularly interesting:

"It is possible that in his 77 years, Biden committed one sexual assault and it was against Reade. But in my experience, men who commit a sexual assault are accused more than once ... like Donald Trump, who has had more than a dozen allegations of sexual assault leveled against him and who was recorded bragging about grabbing women’s genitalia."

USA Today: Why I'm skeptical about Reade's sexual assault claim against Biden: Ex-prosecutor

Uncertainty as a weapon:

The Atlantic: How Uncertainty Became a Weapon in the Tara Reade Story

"Reade might be a victim, a troubled woman, or a useful idiot. With so much uncertainty, I am not willing to accept her word that Joe Biden is a predator."

https://www.vaildaily.com/opinion/no...th-tara-reade/
    Last edited by Barry; 05-08-2020 at 12:32 PM.

39. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

40. TopTop #22
    occihoff

Was complimenting her legs and prettiness really her only complaint?
    Last edited by Barry; 05-09-2020 at 02:53 PM.

41. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

42. TopTop #23
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Bill Maher NAILS IT! MUST WATCH!

This is just next Republican dirty trick! Just the next dirt "dug" up and deployed and detonated!

The timing of the accusation, as Bill points out, is particularly damning.

According to the timeline of the scandal, just weeks following the February 29th South Carolina primary that left Joe as the all but certain nominee, then:
    April 3, 2019: Reade was one of eight women who accused Biden of inappropriate touching, telling her local California newspaper, The Union, that while Biden “used to put his hand on my shoulder and run his finger up my neck,” she didn’t feel she was a victim of sexualization, instead comparing it to being treated like an inanimate object, like a lamp. "It’s pretty. Set it over there,” she told the paper. “Then when it’s too bright, you throw it away.” Reade said her responsibilities in Biden’s office were reduced after she refused to serve drinks at an event.

March 25, 2020: In a podcast by Katie Halper, Reade now claimed Biden sexually assaulted her in 1993, pressing her up against a wall, kissing her neck and penetrating her with his fingers by prying her legs open with his knees. She said he then laughed it off after she rebuffed him. She told Halper she did not share the full story previously because she feared retribution.

Is that random? Through all the years as Senator, Vice President, and a front-runner in the polling before South Carolina, now she works up the gumption to "reveal" Joe grabbed her by the pussy? Who could of thought up a scenario and timing like that??

Now, if she had produced a secret recording of Joe actually saying he grabbed her by the p*ssy, that would be a different matter.

I'm over this one. Thanks Bill!

Spread widely!
    Last edited by Barry; 05-11-2020 at 12:28 PM.

43. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

44. TopTop #24
    american dream

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barry: View Post
    Bill Maher NAILS IT! MUST WATCH! ...
    When I clicked 'watch video', a different one came up, one that I enjoyed. However, much as I have often enjoyed Bill Maher's humor, and dread a repeat of DT as POTUS, after listening to her carefully, I do believe Tara Reade (who was far cuter at the time this may have happened than current photos of her show). I also believed Anita Hill and Christine Ford, much good it did then, either.
    Last edited by Barry; 05-11-2020 at 12:29 PM.

45. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

46. TopTop #25
    Valley Oak

The Young Turks, May 8, 2020

Tara Reade has a message for Joe Biden. "A court document from 1996 shows former Senate staffer Tara Reade told her ex-husband she was sexually harassed while working for Joe Biden in 1993.The declaration — exclusively obtained by The Tribune in San Luis Obispo, California — does not say Biden committed the harassment nor does it mention Reade’s more recent allegations of sexual assault.Reade’s then-husband Theodore Dronen wrote the court declaration. Dronen at the time was contesting a restraining order Reade filed against him days after he filed for divorce, Superior Court records show."

47. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

48. TopTop #26
    occihoff

So are we heading toward a presidential campaign in which Trump and Biden exchange nasty barbs about which one is the worst sexual predator? How historical!

49. Gratitude expressed by:

50. TopTop #27
    Hotspring 44

For those of us that would have preferred a different democrat party presidential candidate other than Joe Biden to be running against Donald Trump; the fact is that for those of us who are actually going to vote in the general election, what ever party or no party, that definitely do not want Trump to be reelected and would choose almost anybody else other than Trump as being the main reason for voting for POTUS on the 2020 ballot, the only possible choice for someone that has a reasonably good chance of winning against Trump is 'the Democrat'.

I do understand and empathize with a person who would not want to and makes the decision not to vote for the individual who "raped" them, even when the alternative election winning candidate is Donald Trump.
    https://youtu.be/o21fXqguD7U

That's where Tara Reade stands and that's entirely her free choice to make.

Voters do have 'choices'; we can choose not to vote at all or just leave POTUS part of ballot blank, vote for Joe Biden, Donald Trump or any 3rd party candidates, or write-in for POTUS in the 2020 general election.

For me, personally, I am going to vote for the most likely person who will get the most votes that is not Donald Trump. Obviously, it looks at this point, like it will be Joe Biden.

Just like usual; for me, voting for "the Democrat", (because I have generally preferred the Green party), is in essence, deciding between the lesser of 2 evils, so to speak... ...It's a gut wrenching and vomit-worthy decision for me to have to make.

Some have been criticized on this website, for voting for Ralph Nader instead of Al Gore in the 2000 general election, (That, BTW, is okay with me to have conversations with differing points of view)...

...Even recently someone started another thread on this website regarding the, what I have seen being referred to as a "myth", (I call it a misrepresentation by way of intentionally selected omissions of what all went into the final vote count in Florida, etc.), (that) Ralph Nader somehow is to blame for the country going in a very bad wrong direction by running for POTUS in 2000 whereas it has been said that Nader votes 'siphoned', enough votes away from Al Gore to cause him to loose the election to G.W. Bush. It was also hinted in another post by somebody else that George W. Bush winning the 2000 election and the resulting consequences were, for example,
    The 2000 election has been delved into on other threads here, but the "Spoiler Effect" does relate to the topic on this thread because voters will decide whether they would rather have the Democrat, probably Joe Biden or Republican, Donald Trump to win the 2020 general election because voting for a third-party candidate or write-in will be nothing more than a statement.

Statistically, there is no "gray area", (well, maybe there is a microscopic sliver of one), it's reasonable to say that the choice is one side or the other, (Biden or Trump), because there is no third-party candidate that has a snowball's chance on the surface of the sun of winning in 2020.

A write-in or 3rd party vote would merely be a symbolic statement. I admit that I have done so by voting green in the past but that's because, 1- I lived in California, and 2- I knew that there was more than enough voters in California that would vote for the Al Gore at the time... ...Yes me voting for Nader in 2000 was a 'symbolic statement'.

If I lived in a swing state, even at the time I voted green for Ralph Nader, I would've voted for 'the Democrat', Al Gore.

Anyway, depending what and who you believe, the choice between Biden and Trump may indeed be a ominous and stark sign of what is part of human nature and/or the culture that we live in.

So, IMHO, it's really a polarized, on or off, in or out, 2020 general election for POTUS.

Anyway, FWIW, Joe Biden did promise to have a female as a running mate...
    .... I Hope it is not going to be Hillary Clinton!!
    Last edited by Hotspring 44; 05-11-2020 at 03:53 PM. Reason: corrected typo error

51. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

52. TopTop #28
    wisewomn

Well said, Hotspring. I've long maintained that they need to install barf bags in all the voting booths.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Hotspring 44: View Post
    For those of us that would have preferred a different democrat party presidential candidate other than Joe Biden to be running against Donald Trump; the fact is that for those of us who are actually going to vote in the general election, what ever party or no party, that definitely do not want Trump to be reelected and would choose almost anybody else other than Trump as being the main reason for voting for POTUS on the 2020 ballot, the only possible choice for someone that has a reasonably good chance of winning against Trump is 'the Democrat'....
    Last edited by Barry; 05-12-2020 at 11:47 AM.

53. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

54. TopTop #29
    geomancer

62 of the former Biden staffers interviewed were women. Joe was a good guy to work for, ahead of his time on women's rights.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...es-allegations

55. Gratitude expressed by:

56. TopTop #30
    american dream

Far better than his horrible opponent, of course, but seven other women (besides Reade) have complained about Joe's inappropriate touching...

57. Gratitude expressed by: