Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #361
    pamelaL

Re: Sonoma County Covid-19 The Numbers

you're asking me that? look at the science yourself.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by garywalker: View Post
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #362
    Jude Iam

"But its coronavirus case rate is still far too high to make the transition, edging up this week after stubbornly hovering around 10 cases per 100,000 people."

OK, let's do the math: help me out here - 10 out of 100,000 = what percentage is that?
    Then, what's the latest morbidity rate round here? among general population... divide by that.

What have we got?

I declare that I will take ANY bet with those odds. Bring em on.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by luke32: View Post

3. TopTop #363
    spam1

Quote Posted in reply to the post by garywalker: View Post
    So are you saying that people cannot be re-infected by Covid 19?·
    seems there are about 28 cases out of 41,000,000 of reinfection so far reported. so it can happen. But extremely rare. Less than 1 in a million. More likely you will be born with just 1 eye (4 in a million) or hit by lightning this year (2 in a million). If the rate stays the same, I guess it can be ignored.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #364
    garywalker

I agree that the rate of hospitalizations is a more useful metric than infection testing rates. For the U.S. the number of hospitalizations due to Covid-19 has been increasing for the past 3 weeks, with the largest increase in the past week (see https://covidtracking.com/blog/weekly-update-oct-15).

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Goat Rock Ukulele: View Post

6. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

7. TopTop #365
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    OK, let's do the math: help me out here - 10 out of 100,000 = what percentage is that?
    I declare that I will take ANY bet with those odds. Bring em on.
    "do the math" implies going a bit farther than 3rd grade math. Statistics gives different guidance when you consider the cost of the outcome. If we're betting on who pays for the next round, we interpret odds differently than if we're betting against coming down with a life-altering disease.

8. TopTop #366
    pamelaL

I think I will check out of this thread - it is taking up too much of my time and energy - good luck to everyone finding the truth about our current craziness, there has been so much obfuscation of info from the owned media, only those who are up close and personal treating people outside of corporate medicine really comprehend how easily pretty much any RNA virus, including this one, is to treat when caught early, how easy it is to prevent using home treatments.

Having worked in health care since a teenager, I have watched with dismay my precious profession fall to the profiteers, which is why I bailed out of industrial medicine and became a Feldenkrais practitioner in the late 80's (only to come full circle working with Original medicine doctors) - anyway - good luck every one - I might post a recipe for prevention later - but the fact that the hypnotic in-your-face fear mongering about a virus feels discouraging when I know this is just not such a big deal - I have to say, on this one, Trump was right. Personally, at this time, I am more interested in what China is up to in controlling media, teaching media companies how to censor, the countries all over the world that China already has their tentacles in... https://www.usnews.com/news/best-cou...er-governments

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post

9. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

10. TopTop #367
    M/M

It is not really possible to know the facts - they could have had false positives both times, they may have had a false positive and, then, did contract the illness... News reports are not how we can figure those things out. Hard data by primary care providers treating those 28... w/assessments, signs/symptoms, other diagnoses if present, treatment (versus quarantine and observation), discharge from care and in what condition. Those are found in medical records, not news.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by spam1: View Post

11. Gratitude expressed by:

12. TopTop #368
    Jon Jackson

I agree. I am an evidence-based physician who follows COVID-19 information closely. But NOT from the media. I follow research and reports from all over the world, often from sites not available to non-medical people, and I post Dr. John Campbell's COVID-19 updates daily on WACCO-BB. There is a lot that we don't know. And there is a lot that we do know. And there are surprises all the time...because this *really* is a *novel* coronavirus.

13. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

14. TopTop #369
    M/M

Quote Having worked in health care since a teenager, I have watched with dismay my precious profession fall to the profiteers
    I, sadly, can say the same....

Actually re: China... It is very complicated, and the mainstream news is not the best for getting facts or for showing how complicated. The BRICS nations (Brazil, Russia, Iran, China, and South Africa) have been working together to try to come up with a global financial system where people and countries are not trapped in debts to IMF/World Bank etc. and end up losing their resources without compensation because of that. We have been sabotaging BRICS - successfully in Brazil via a soft coup, less successfully in other areas, and so much more I won't get into. There are many intermeshing agendas and conflicts on several levels taking place in worlds of finance, governments, military-industrial complex, intel (surveillance, contact tracing), high tech (AI, transhumanist agenda, IofThings, etc). This is one example of more accurate info than typically found in mainstream media; this is social credit score they want to bring home to USA.

China's Scary Social Credit System Made in USA by Google

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pamelaL: View Post

15. Gratitude expressed by:

16. TopTop #370
    M/M

Recent articles give another window - on the stories BEHIND the stories we read about:
    America Has No Allies, Only Hostages

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/10/2...only-hostages/
    Quote new president-elect of Bolivia, Luis Arce, has told the Spanish international news agency EFE that he intends to restore the nation’s relations with Cuba, Venezuela and Iran. This reverses the policies of the U.S.-backed coup regime which immediately began closing embassies, kicking out doctors and severing relations with those nations after illegally seizing power last year.
    Quote Arce also spoke of warm relations with Russia and China. “We are going to reestablish all relations,” he told EFE. “This government has acted very ideologically, depriving the Bolivian people of access to Cuban medicine, to Russian medicine, to advances in China. For a purely ideological issue, it has exposed the population in a way that is unnecessary and harmful.”

Arce expressed a willingness to “open the door to all countries, the only requirement is that they respect us and respect our sovereignty, nothing more.
    Kamala Harris, Schumer, Cuomo And Feinstein Listed As 'Key Contacts' For Biden-China Joint Venture https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...-joint-venture The list, also included Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn.; Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.; New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio; former Virginia Gov. Terry McCauliffe, among others.

and ELECTION 2020: The United Politics of America

Quote "Beneath all the hurled insults and heated debates, the two factions are actually furiously agreeing with one another the entire time, argues Caitlin Johnstone... If you want to see things clearly, ignore the fake drama of the sock puppet show altogether and focus on advancing the real debate: that the U.S.-centralized oligarchic empire is corrupt beyond redemption and should be completely dismantled."
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post

17. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

18. TopTop #371
    Goat Rock Ukulele

October 20

57 New Cases Reported in Sonoma County. Follow cases in your zip code here https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...?views=view_35

Available ICU Beds are 9. Hospitalizations are 30.

Sonoma County Testing Info https://socoemergency.org/emergency/...sonoma-county/

CDC expands definition of who is a "close contact".https://www.pressdemocrat.com/articl...idual-with-co/
    Last edited by Barry; 10-23-2020 at 12:59 PM.

19. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

20. TopTop #372
    pamelaL

>that leaves us all rather like puppets with others controlling the strings.< I suppose, but at least THIS puppet sees the virus easily defeated and is educated enough to ask questions and notice the info that is being purposefully omitted. Following is an interesting link from a guy in Canada predicting the next moves by the POB - if you manage to listen to the whole thing, the end of it provides inspiration to push back against the dystopian predictions.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKCT..._eFglQI-p3uA5E

21. Gratitude expressed by:

22. TopTop #373
    Jude Iam

LET'S COMPARE, JUST FOR FUN:
    with .1% fatality from this virus, that's in between the odds of dying by motorcycle accident and drowning.

https://www.nsc.org/work-safety/tool...ry-facts/chart

so, how would you like to go? you know, you do have to go - right?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post

23. TopTop #374
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    LET'S COMPARE, JUST FOR FUN:
    with .1% fatality from this virus, that's in between the odds of dying by motorcycle accident and drowning.
    ok, more math analysis. I'm far more likely to die by motorcycle than by drowning, but both of those are way higher than 0.1% -- for me. They're way lower than 0.1% for my wife, or probably for you, unless you actually ride motorcycles. So I choose the exposure to the risk personally. Bif, drinking in the bar with his buddies, has a higher than 0.1% chance of dying from Covid compared to his buddy Chuck who follows social-distancing and mask wearing rules. Probably Bif's family also has a higher than 0.1%, especially his older relatives.

Disraeli had it right about statistics. You can look at them with a critical eye, but if you don't they're just gonna lie to you

24. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

25. TopTop #375
    luke32

Re "group of over 500 medical doctors in Germany called ‘Doctors for Information’ made a shocking statement during a national press conference: (1) ‘The Corona panic is a play. It’s a scam. A swindle. It’s high time we understood that we’re in the midst of a global crime.",

The following is pertinent:
    "FAKE: German doctors called the pandemic fake

The author refers to the personal opinion of the German official, not to the results of the study
    The network is spreading false news
    about a report by German doctors, which reveals "global falsifications" and proves that the coronavirus pandemic is a fake. Allegedly, at the request of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Germany, doctors prepared a report, but it hit the public domain and led to a scandal. In fact, the document in question was not "merged" with the German Ministry, nor was it prepared or ordered by any of the German Interior Ministry units. The document expressed the personal opinion of one of the ministry's employees and several independent scientists, who distributed it on the department's letterhead without permission. This was immediately announced by the German Interior Ministry, and a few days later in parliament, Chancellor Angela Merkel further clarified that the Government does not agree with the conclusions set out in the document. An employee of the ministry was fired ."

Source: https://voxukraine.org/uk/fejk-nimet...iyu-fejkovoyu/

26. Gratitude expressed by:

27. TopTop #376
    M/M

I meant 'puppets' if we are limited to mainstream sources only and don't venture further. Even so, information is limited..

WOW... that is quite a report coming out of Canada. Thank you.
    Quote in exchange for acceptance of this total debt forgiveness the individual would forfeit ownership of any and all property and assets forever. ... would agree to partake in COVID-19 and -21 vaccination schedule, which would allow unrestricted travel/living even under a full lockdown.... via PHOTO ID (Canada's HealthPass)...

What would happen to forfeited property and assets.. and what would happen to lenders/financial institutions... The World Debt Reset program will handle all the details...

what would happen to those who refused to participate in Debt Reset or Health Pass or vaccination schedule
    I've heard rumors about UN Agenda getting people off the land and into smart cities. This seems to confirm how that could happen if report genuine. Pope Francis may be on-board with UN/WEF agendas, given his new encyclical this month: Brothers All... that presents a dilemma for all who defend the right of private property.
    https://democraciaparticipativa.net/documentos-data-a-referenda/documents-in-english/christian-social-thoght/17541-i-m-catholic-can-i-disagree-with-pope-francis-on-property.html

More concerns in Canada: Is Canada in the process of building internment camps for its citizens? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSm2...ature=youtu.be

Ohio's moves to establish similar, albeit FEMA, camps have been quiet.... because of a class-action lawsuit. Ohio's governor can be seen in very concerning Contact Tracing video - where people in quarantine can be separated from their children and their pets if they cannot isolate: https://www.globalresearch.ca/video-...racing/5726105

More leaks - re: education - out of Canada: Education experts slam leaked Alberta curriculum proposals ...
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...sals-1.5766570

Pure speculation on my part as to why Sonoma Co numbers high and info in the PD article Luke32 posted - (remember labs can manipulate sputum samples for testing to give 100% positive results; a positive test does not mean someone infected): See any and all of Ice Age Farmer reports and youtubes: about the GLOBAL 'agenda' and farms/ranches/ farm workers ... to deliberately decimate food sources, where the weather isn't already shortening growing seasons, destroying crops, etc.: www.iceagefarmer.com

28. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

29. TopTop #377
    M/M

On a POSITIVE note..... ( though some language may be offensive to some):
    Amazing SPIRIT in Canada: Video: Rocco Galati Rocks Toronto’s Freedom Rally
    in message to Trudeau, Doug Ford, and others in Canadian government...

https://www.globalresearch.ca/video-...-rally/5727344

Rocco's business partner, Raj, says: "nothing can stop the awakening of humanity"

30. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

31. TopTop #378
    Goat Rock Ukulele

October 22

26 Cases reported in Sonoma County. (a low welcome number) Follow Cases in you zip code here https://experience.arcgis.com/experi...?views=view_35

Available ICU beds are 9. Hospitalizations are 30. https://experience.arcgis.com/experi.../page/page_23/

Sonoma County Testing Info. https://socoemergency.org/emergency/...sonoma-county/

Some Neandertal Genes may up the risk of severe covid-19. (yikes my wife is always telling me I'm a Neanderthal.) https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.o...vere-infection

32. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

33. TopTop #379
    Jude Iam

WOW.
    THANKS.

34. TopTop #380
    pamelaL

I wonder if anyone has ever followed the previous flues like bird Flu with such focus? Or is it just because the media has so focused the public this time..... anyone?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Goat Rock Ukulele: View Post

35. TopTop #381
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Let's keep this thread in General Community for Sonoma County Specific posts.

Any further not-Sonoma County specific posts will be excluded from the digest.

Barry

36. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

37. TopTop #382
    gypsey

SOS to Barry
    with all due respect to the opinions shared here, wasn't this thread intended to simply be a daily bulletin of, COVID The Numbers?
    How about re directing the cross talk and opinions to the ample other COVID categories on this site?
    Thank you!

38. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

39. TopTop #383
    Finell
    Supporting Member

I second the motion.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post

40. TopTop #384
    luke32

Do you suppose that the attitude highlighted by the rally in Toronto - without masks or distancing -
    had anything to do wite the rise in Covid cases in Toronto? About 2500/day recently vs. ~ 500/day in July.

41. Gratitude expressed by:

42. TopTop #385
    DonSummerSage

Absolutely, but I would say it's because of who was holding it and what the rally was for not anything to do with a mask. I have no idea about it or when it was but my answer would be the same.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by luke32: View Post

43. TopTop #386
    rosing

44. TopTop #387
    Jon Jackson

This video belongs in the Coronavirus Conspiracy Theories thread. Not here. Please keep this thread focused on statistical matters pertaining to Sonoma County.

45. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

46. TopTop #388
    sqb

This link is still visible. The poster should be banned for putting such unverified propaganda on this site.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by rosing: View Post

47. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

48. TopTop #389
    heresbruce

For what it is worth, I tend to fact check:
    Overall, InfoWars/Alex Jones is a crackpot, tin foil hat level conspiracy website that also strongly promotes pseudoscience. The amount of fake news and debunked conspiracy claims, as well as extreme right wing bias, renders InfoWars a non-credible source on any level. (7/20/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 8/11/2019)
    Source: http://www.infowars.com/

49. Gratitude expressed by:

50. TopTop #390
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by heresbruce: View Post
    I tend to fact check:
    Overall, InfoWars/Alex Jones is a crackpot, tin foil hat level conspiracy websit
    I think by now, it's safe to assume anyone offering IW as a citation isn't going to acknowledge that Jones is a nut. If you feel like engaging someone in that world, it's like re-watching an old episode of Gilligan's Island. You know how it's going to go, even if you haven't seen the exact episode in question.

51. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: