Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Excess Deaths
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    DonSummerSage

Excess Deaths

I still have a theory that everyday deaths are being called covid. 5_8 k people die a day in america before covid. Underlined condition comes up with seemingly every covid death and good luck getting the real combo numbers of both and then matching the names idk even know how that can be done...
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    podfish

Re: Excess Deaths

Quote Posted in reply to the post by DonSummerSage: View Post
    I still have a theory that everyday deaths are being called covid. 5_8 k people die a day in america before covid. Underlined condition comes up with seemingly every covid death and good luck getting the real combo numbers of both and then matching the names idk even know how that can be done...
    there's a more likely theory that not all covid deaths are being recorded as covid deaths. I haven't personally vetted the data to vouch for that theory; does that make me different than you, with your preferred theory? or are we both waving our hands about this one? It's not one of my hobbies, to dig into death records....

The number of overall deaths in the US is apparently far higher than in a typical year, and has been reported as far higher than what's been publicly attributed to covid. That would be an indication that covid deaths are under-reported -- but of course, it could be that they're really a bunch of unexpected motorcycle and drowning deaths, or lightning strikes. I freely confess I haven't done the research -- not even by browsing questionable websites.

Statistics have come up on this thread recently, and here's another way to use them: when the numbers are large (like over 220K people) it's fairly safe to make inferences that would be a stretch if they were based on isolated cases. The term "level of confidence" isn't just a colloquialism, it's meant to deal with just this kind of situation.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-28-2020 at 03:52 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

5. TopTop #3
    DonSummerSage

I would also believe it's real at the same time I just simply divided the total deaths by months since it came here 7-8 months and then by 30 days and 220k would be around 925 per day of covid and prior to the virus we're the 5_7_8k deaths of common death conditios. Did I mess up simple math? I would not put it past me to do so and I just thought of this it's nothing I'm hard set on but of my math is close 925 could blend in or out of the thousands of cases we have already and that would be a good thing that nobody dies from it or has it ?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    Last edited by Barry; 10-28-2020 at 03:53 PM.

6. TopTop #4
    geomancer

RE: Excess Deaths

Excess deaths is the critical number, currently above 300,000 for the year. This includes COVID cases as well as people who died because they could not get, or feared to get, treatment for other conditions. The trumpies have tried to suppress this information at CDC.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by DonSummerSage: View Post
    Last edited by Barry; 10-28-2020 at 03:53 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

8. TopTop #5
    spam1

Re: Sonoma County Covid-19 The Numbers

Quote Posted in reply to the post by geomancer: View Post
    ·The trumpies have tried to suppress this information at CDC.
    Actually the opposite, they say there are 100,000 excess deaths beyond covid that would not have happened if we had not locked down. so they blame lock down for the excess. at least what I've seen.

9. TopTop #6
    Finell
    Supporting Member

Who is "they"? Upon what evidence, and by what causal reasoning, do "they" base this conclusion? Have "they" correlated COVID-19's rate of morbidity and mortality with the public health measures employed by California counties? Have "they" made this correlation for the 50 states or for other developed nations?

In other words, is there any reason whatsoever for any rational person to pay attention to what "they" have to say?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by spam1: View Post
    ·... they say there are 100,000 excess deaths beyond covid that would not have happened if we had not locked down....

10. TopTop #7
    spam1

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Finell: View Post
    ·who is they...
    Sorry, I used a pronoun instead of proper noun. To help your understanding, my comment could be edited in the first two words to read "Trumpists say". You see, the pronoun referred to the subject of the previous sentence, which was quoted above my comment. It is common in English to use pronouns after the first proper noun, to avoid a the following sentences seeming redundant in continually using the proper noun, but it can be confusing to some. For example, "Goat Rock Ukulele publishes the covid numbers. Goat Rock Ukulele's numbers are always a day behind in the digest. I wonder if Goat Rock Ukulele reads the digest or the website directly". This is clear and unambiguous. But, it is common practice to write. "Goat Rock Ukulele publishes the covid numbers. Their numbers are always a day behind in the digest. I wonder if they read the digest or the website directly"; Here it is more ambiguous, especially as I used the third person plural pronoun (and it's possessive form) as the gender neutral singular pronoun, which is common when one does not know the gender of the person referred to, but the second sentence sounds better to our inner ear.

11. TopTop #8
    spam1

Oh, and in case you missed my point (which from your reply I infer you did), far from hiding the fact that there have been 300,000 excess deaths (of which 220,000 some are widely published to be due to covid), Trumpists (not 'they' this time) highlight the extra deaths, rather than hide them, and argue that they (the extra deaths) are due to lockdown. I don't present their (the trumpies) evidence, just their (the trumpies) argument. In doing so I am contrasting this point of view (my point) with the previous author that said (paraphasing here as I am too lazy to look up the exact quote) "trumpies are hiding the 300,000 deaths...". I think the previous author was suggesting the trumpies were trying to hide the additional 100,000, but I see them ("the trumpies" for prounoun impaired) high-lighting the additional ones instead. Thus my comment contrasting our (the previous poster and myself) view of the trumpies' behavior

12. Gratitude expressed by:

13. TopTop #9
    pamelaL

Who the heck are "the trumpies". ?? This "they" that quote death etc.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by spam1: View Post

14. TopTop #10
    geomancer

*Trumpies* is the diminutive form of *trumpers*, the collective noun for the lot of them. *Trumpette* is the preferred feminine form. The masculine form has yet to be decided, but *trumpian* is in the running.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pamelaL: View Post
    Who the heck are "the trumpies". ?? This "they" that quote death etc.

15. Gratitude expressed by:

16. TopTop #11
    socoexpat

Christ... we ARE doomed....

This is the same science used during flu seasons, and previous outbreaks of everything from sars to swine flu.

Yes- it’s an estimate. Some are people who didn’t go to hospital for other condutions because of Covid. On the flipside- we also have many deaths that were covid- but no testing.

Not really sure what the point of this discussion is?

17. Gratitude expressed by: