Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  • Thread Tools
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak's Avatar
    Valley Oak
     

    America Is Acting Like a Failed State

    The Atlantic
    Derek Thompson, March 14, 2020

    America Is Acting Like a Failed State
    Many businesses, local governments, and individuals are doing what is necessary to beat back the coronavirusówith little help from the White House.

    A global pandemic is a mandatory exam in national competence. It is a test for individuals, who have to change their life and withdraw from public events to slow the spread of a disease through crowds and social networks. It is a test for companies, which must change their protocols to protect their employees, sometimes by banishing them from the office. It is a test for institutions, which must decide whether to uphold traditions and festivals for the sake of public morale, or to cancel events, tournaments, conferences, and concerts.

    Read more here
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

  2. TopTop #2

    Re: America Is Acting Like a Failed State

    Quote Valley Oak wrote: View Post
    The Atlantic
    Derek Thompson, March 14, 2020

    America Is Acting Like a Failed State
    Many businesses, local governments, and individuals are doing what is necessary to beat back the coronavirusówith little help from the White House.

    A global pandemic is a mandatory exam in national competence. It is a test for individuals, who have to change their life and withdraw from public events to slow the spread of a disease through crowds and social networks. It is a test for companies, which must change their protocols to protect their employees, sometimes by banishing them from the office. It is a test for institutions, which must decide whether to uphold traditions and festivals for the sake of public morale, or to cancel events, tournaments, conferences, and concerts.

    Read more here
    Orange Man Bad !!!!!! Yawn............
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

  3. TopTop #3
    sealwatcher's Avatar
    sealwatcher
     

    Re: America Is Acting Like a Failed State

    Oh, you're bored! How irresponsible a response! You make me want to leave this thread, cyberanvil. Your anvil is losing its edge.

    Quote cyberanvil wrote: View Post
    Orange Man Bad !!!!!! Yawn............
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

  4. Gratitude expressed by:

  5. TopTop #4

    Re: America Is Acting Like a Failed State

    Quote sealwatcher wrote: View Post
    Oh, you're bored! How irresponsible a response! You make me want to leave this thread, cyberanvil. Your anvil is losing its edge.
    It's not irresponsible, it's sensible.
    First off, I'm not going to list links because it's not time productive for this particular issue. But trust me.
    Talk radio recently listed a whole bunch of Left media Coronavirus disbelievers. Especially in Jan/Feb, NYT, WP and others were denying the threat and agitating against any type of quarantine. Like any Trump action, quarantines were racist.

    I will now return you to the game of counting coup.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

Similar Threads

  1. Is the U.S. Military (ordered by the Deep State) Planning to Take Over America?
    By Jude Iam in forum National & International Politics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2017, 10:29 PM
  2. Acting and relaxation
    By Sara S in forum WaccoReader
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 02:33 PM
  4. Will California become America's first failed state?
    By Zeno Swijtink in forum WaccoReader
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2009, 07:49 PM
  5. Mexico: On the Road to a Failed State?
    By Zeno Swijtink in forum WaccoReader
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 07:36 PM

Bookmarks