Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #361
    Mayacaman

Re: Coronavirus: "Reality" & "Conspiracy Theory"

Why I avoid using professional "conspiracy theorists" as references

Quote Posted in reply to the post by amayon: View Post
    Wondering if you can expand on the "malevolent influence" of Jones, Icke, etc.
    Now, this is an interesting Question, amayon / and should more properly be the subject of an essay or a chapter in a book in order to do it full justice.

In the first place, I think one must stand back from the field (morass? / swamp? ) of the professional “conspiracy theorists” – men like Alex Jones, David Icke, Jeff Rense & others – and recognize that in order for them to have arrived at where they are today, they have had to sell out & make compromises & ‘play the game’.

The “field” itself is a region within the greater dialectic where information is contained, formatted, & spun in such a manner as to make it unpalatable & repulsive to many thinking people among the politically aware.

Probably all of the “professionals” in the field are agents to some degree or of some stripe. There is a South African fellow named Sean Hross who married a Swiss woman, and got stuck in Switzerland & who is not properly a “conspiracy theorist” but rather a sort of latter-day Ranter who maintains that Alex Jones has been co-opted by the Swiss [Bankers].

That, to my way of thinking, is quite plausible - And Sean Hross supplies data to confirm this thesis. Here & here

Another Source, “The Institute for the Study of Globalization and Covert Politics” – run by a Dutch researcher,
    Joël van der Reijden, who is not a “conspiracy theorist” but rather an analyst - has more interesting information about the dicey-ness of Alex Jones and many other entities & things…

Now, with regards to David Icke; Icke presents a fair amount of truth - one could say too much truth. One point at which he discredits himself is his affirmation that the Royal family of Britain (the House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha) are actually Reptilians - and that that is the true relevance of the term “blue blood.” -A wingy, crazy idea. Thus, the rest of his analysis is discredited & contained. He does it to himself, by himself. This is not uncommon in this "game".

This one ( i ) do not follow the ‘professionals’ down their crooked paths of bizarre theories. I like to keep my feet firmly planted on the ground – in reality.

Here is an article on a sane website that reveals a few of the fallacies – and shady connections - of David Icke: Meet The Northern Ireland Intel Crew.

As I have said previously, I consider myself to be a disciple of the late Mae Brussell, who lived in Carmel Valley, and died in 1988. Mae Brussell was not a “conspiracy theorist” – though posthumously
    she has been described and discredited as such, by the likes of Wikipedia. Par for the course. Mae began her research in 1964 by studying the labyrinth of information in the exhaustive twenty-five volumes of the complete Warren Commission Hearings.

Mae wanted to know who killed John Fitzgerald Kennedy & why. In time, her research led her into an examination of the dark corridors of power, and the shadowy region of Anglo-American collusion in the Post-War period with Nazi War Criminals - the Reinhard Gehlen Organization - Networks that were assimilated by Allen Dulles into the OSS in 1945, and into the CIA in 1947.

Mae Brussell's methodology – of reading everything and working out the contradictions using higher logic, is the methodology of sane researchers, in mho.

The field of “conspiracy theory” has been posed, in the manner of a “controlled dialectic” by the controllers of the dialectic, in a very adroit and clever manner, against the “systems analysis” approach of Noam Chomsky & his cohorts at MIT and the CIA.

As far as I can discern, Noam Chomsky and the late Lyndon LaRouche (who was known, during the Viet Nam War by his Marxist nom-de-plume, “Lyn Marcus”) split what had been the Anti-War Movement into contrary factions, which did not fully emerge until after the War.

Both of those men were mentors to younger anti-war activists during the Viet Nam War, and both of them received a sum of ten million dollars from the Chase Manhattan Bank in order to set up their organizations and move their followers into the directions they subsequently traveled.

Last edited by Mayacaman; 08-11-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #362
    Goat Rock Ukulele

QAnon article by Huffington Post by Jesselyn Cook

QAnon’s Coronavirus-Fueled Boom Is A Warning Of What’s To Come

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #363
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Goat Rock Ukulele: View Post
    QAnon article by Huffington Post by Jesselyn Cook

QAnon’s Coronavirus-Fueled Boom Is A Warning Of What’s To Come

Goat Rock Ukelele / Michael, You dropped this link on the trail here. I'm not sure what you mean by it - nor do I wish to second-guess you, or make any assumptions about what it is that you think it may prove. Please explain whatever significance you think It has. I did open it and read it thoroughly, opening several of the links also, as I read it. Thank you for the offering; but please explain.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #364
    Finell
    Supporting Member

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post
    Goat Rock Ukelele / Michael, You dropped this link on the trail here. I'm not sure what you mean by it ...
    Mark, the thesis of Cook's article is clear to any adult that reads it. Whether you agree with it is another matter, and it obviously is in your rhetorical interest not to agree with it. Your feigned incomprehension is dishonest and unpersuasive.

Cook's point is succinctly summarized in the article's subtitle: "
    The far-right conspiracy movement has flourished amid the pandemic, rendering its disinformation campaign stronger than ever ahead of the presidential election." It's relevance to this discussion is equally obvious: The conspiracy nonsense that you regurgitate here over and over and over again is right out of the playbook of ultra-right-wing Trump supporters, and it will be their rallying cry in campaigning for Trump's re-election.

Don't play the fool. And don't play us for fools.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-04-2020 at 12:09 PM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #365
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Finell: View Post
    Mark, the thesis of Cook's article is clear to any adult that reads it. ...

What a load of bullshit, Finell. At the very beginning I opened
    this thread with a link to the Canadian leftist website - GlobalResearch.ca - hardly a website that supports Donald Trump. And now you would insinuate that I am trying to get Trump re-elected.

You have a lot of gall to say "...the conspiracy nonsense that you regurgitate here over and over and over again is right out of the playbook of ultra-right-wing Trump supporters, and it will be their rallying cry in campaigning for Trump's re-election." Your words are right out of the playbook of Adolf Hitler - the Big Lie technique, Steve Finell, Esq. Have you no shame ?

My last post was addressed to Goat Rock Michael, not to you, Steve Finell, Esq. I understand the import of the article by Jesselyn Cook. I read it. I was asking Michael to supply perhaps as much as a paragraph explaining what he meant by posting it.

Does it even matter to you folks that HuffPost is owned by Verizon, the Media Giant? Has it sunk in yet that the Mainstream Media and the Pharmaceutical-Industrial Complex all have interlocking directorates? Indeed, it has been said by some that the Pharmaceutical-Industrial Complex owns the Mass Media. Have any of you ever heard of the Class War? Has it dawned on any of you yet that this pandemic and the attendant social-engineering and implementation of "Global Governance" is just that - Class War?

Have any of you ever heard of the meaning of black propaganda ? - Of the purpose of disinformation ? - Of the function of containment (of information) ? - Of the phenomenon of the "modified limited hangout" ?

The spin that "Q" puts on the pandemic is bogus and a lie - & Very, very different from the way that the pandemic has been interpreted by GlobalResearch - and very very different than the manner in which I have come to see the pandemic - or have attempted to describe it here, in this forum.

Care to comment on this now, Steve Finell ? - This one was addressed to you, but you never yet saw fit to comment: >

Which of these sources are you referring to, when you say
    "crack pot sources", Steven Finell, Esq. ?

:

Transcript of Interview of Dr. Francis Boyle
    [the lawyer who drafted the Bio-weapons Treaty of 1989]

Interview of Dr. Peter Daszak by Amy Goodman - April 16, 2020
    Zoologist Debunks Trump’s COVID-19 Origin Theory, Calling It “Pure Baloney”

Article by Fred Guterl in Newsweek, April 28, 2020:
    Dr. Fauci Backed Controversial Wuhan Lab with U.S. Dollars for Risky Coronavirus Research

Article by Josh Rogin, in the Washington Post, April 14, 2020
    State Department cables warned of safety issues

at Wuhan lab studying bat coronaviruses

=OR=

Perhaps it is the Scientific American ?

AGAIN, to the Students in the Audience:

If any one is serious about getting to the bottom of the "Corona-virus Crisis" I would encourage you to A. Open up a file and label it "Corona-virus Controversy". B. Print these ^ articles ^ up. & C. Study them. Here we have a situation where we may practice Mae Brussell’s technique of reading everything & working out contradictions. -And this is by no means 'everything'. It is information from only five sources. But each source contains a piece of the puzzle.
    Last edited by Mayacaman; 07-08-2020 at 12:08 PM.

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #366
    geomancer

Huffpo is on it! Yoga mommies are getting down with the crazy (and taking it to the bank).

A Wave Of Radicalized Influencers Is Mainstreaming COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories
    Why are so many Instagram stars spewing far-right falsehoods to their followers?

This reminds me of certain very busy folks on WACCO:

Kim Cohen’s Instagram page chronicles her bikini-clad adventures around the world, along with the occasional inspirational quote and photo of her Yorkie, Peanut — standard content for a travel blogger and influencer like herself. But in mid-March, as much of the world awoke to the severity of the COVID-19 crisis, Cohen’s more than 100,000 followers noticed a drastic change in her feed: The 34-year-old abruptly pivoted from sharing filtered beach selfies to blasting out terrifying coronavirus conspiracy theories.

In lieu of her typical brand-sponsored posts, Cohen has spent the past two months railing against supposed collusion between the media and a cabal of “deep state” actors, trying to discredit Dr. Anthony Fauci and other public health officials, championing bogus science and amplifying falsehoods about the purported health effects caused by 5G technology. Her social media channels have morphed into open fan pages for QAnon, a violent conspiracy movement that falsely claims the virus is a lab-engineered bioweapon

Continues here

11. TopTop #367
    podfish

My last post was addressed to Goat Rock Michael, not to you, .....

Does it even matter to you folks that HuffPost is owned by Verizon, the Media Giant? Has it sunk in yet that the Mainstream Media and the Pharmaceutical-Industrial Complex all have interlocking directorates? Indeed, it has been said by some that the Pharmaceutical-Industrial Complex owns the Mass Media. Have any of you ever heard of the Class War? Has it dawned on any of you yet that this pandemic is just that - Class War?
    a couple of big nits here, sorry if it's not how you'd like this thread to be run, but I'm exploiting the bugs in the system that let me in.
    - doesn't matter who a post is addressed to. This medium is a glorified BB, for all & sundry to leap in as so moved.

-- and sure it matters who owns who, and what context they operate in. I'm sure we don't know all the various influences and biases behind any source of information. Some of the most biased information you can get comes from sources who have nothing but the best intentions, but accompany that with intense belief in their own views. Self-serving sources, like Kayleigh McEnany, or Pfizer's press releases, can be assumed to only show one side but still provide information (in the technical sense of the word). Huffpost didn't change from a reliable, perfectly trustworthy source into something suddenly tainted when Adriana sold it.

finally, of course there's a class war. It's just that we don't all accept it as being fought by professional armies with everyone unambiguously on one side or the other. For that matter, even in great-power wars, the majority aren't soldiers, and many have mixed loyalties.

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #368
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    finally, of course there's a class war. It's just that we don't all accept it as being fought by professional armies with everyone unambiguously on one side or the other. For that matter, even in great-power wars, the majority aren't soldiers, and many have mixed loyalties.

I totally agree with the substance of those words, Peter / podfish.

Last edited by Mayacaman; 07-08-2020 at 09:09 AM.

14. TopTop #369
    Goat Rock Ukulele

....My last post was addressed to Goat Rock Michael, not to you, .....
    Many of the conspiracy theories in this Wacco thread are pretty much if not exactly some of the ones Jessylyn
    Cook addresses in her article on QAnon. Therefor it seemed appropriate to post a link to the article as an interesting and informative read.

15. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

16. TopTop #370
    Finell
    Supporting Member

tl;dr

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mayacaman: View Post
    what a load of bullshit, finell. At the very beginning i opened this thread with a link to the canadian leftist website - globalresearch.ca - hardly a website that supports donald trump. And now you would insinuate that i am trying to get trump re-elected. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-05-2020 at 12:38 PM.

17. Gratitude expressed by:

18. TopTop #371
    geomancer

Many of the conspiracy theories in this Wacco thread are pretty much if not exactly some of the ones Jessylyn
    Cook addresses in her article on QAnon. Therefor it seemed appropriate to post a link to the article as an interesting and informative read.
    This also is relevant (reposted from WACCO Reader)

Anatomy of Delusion: How Otherwise Conscious People Descended into the Darkness

Note: The purpose of this article is not to speak to those who are spreading Bill Gates-is-the-Antichrist or the coronavirus-is-a-hoax memes. If you’re deep in the conspiratorial worldview, I’m not going to present evidence to dissuade you of your opinions here. I’m going to present some perspectives that can help those of us who are not following you down that path to understand what is happening. It’s probably best for you not to read this.

So my real audience is well-intended people who are doing our best to keep our loosely-defined human potential movement on an evolutionary path forward to be of greater service to humankind.

If you’re like many of my friends, colleagues and allies, you’ve been baffled by the number of otherwise conscious people who have begun spouting extreme conspiracy memes, joining the anti-mask rebellion, or attacking people for the sin of watching CNN.

“I thought I knew these people?” you might think. “How in the world did that person go from promoting detox regimens to calling the worst pandemic of our lives a hoax?”

Continues here

19. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

20. TopTop #372
    Jude Iam

There are many, many issues with Stephen's article, not the least of which is his 'othering' at the very beginning, of all of us who have found irrefutably evil reasons for the skewing of data, vested interests at play, the roll-out of plans of control, etc., etc.

To exhort dismissal of all voices which point to these is a totally unconscionable stance and not worthy of him or his position as new age networker/businessman/political author and organizer.

Aligning with forces of light and love is fine, but acknowledging that darkness exists and must be faced and dealt with is required in a real world. This is tantamount to having insisted that Hitler was vegetarian and really ok and racial purity was a worthy goal and anyone sounding any alarms was a nut job and ought to be ignored or placated or ostracised. Rudolf Steiner acknowledged the existence of evil. We can have a discussion of what evil is, given the current situation of our vast differences in outlook on whether vaccinating YOU, ME and the WORLD is good or evil. I stand for sovereignty at the most basic level: MY BODY. The history of harm to innocents of all ages, races, genders, economic class and nationality is long and craven - and vaccines have only been around for a few decades.

Not having time at the moment to refute point by point, I'll mention just one other thing: Stephen calls out Dr. Zach Bush for saying "it's the terrain" with regard to the virus' potency/lethality; either Stephen doesn't know or doesn't care that Pasteur HIMSELF, the originator of the GERM THEORY which underlies ALL of western medicine, knew well that the theory (and it has remained a "theory" for all this time!) was bollox and is widely reputed to have have said on his deathbed "it's the TERRAIN". Jude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by geomancer: View Post

21. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

22. TopTop #373
    Mayacaman

Your words, "pretty much if not exactly the same ones" is a pretty nebulous statement, Goat Rock Ukelele.
    When you folks drop in and visit this Ward, you bring your attitudes with you, and it is clear that you have not been taking in all of the information, or action that has gone on down here to date.

Again, this thread began with a link to Global Research, which has a very different “spin” on the significance of the pandemic than the Disinformation [Government] Agent “Q” does.

Now, if you can’t tell the difference between the way in which those two sources interpret the data, I advise you to put your thinking cap on and do some serious reading. To do that, you would have to begin by examining exactly what has been posted about Covid-19, and "ID2020" on the GlobalResearch site and then making a comparable study of the material that gets posted on the “Q” sites.

Don’t just take Jesselyn Cook’s word for what is there, @ "Q". Go and examine the damned pile yourself. I have – several times - and I don’t like it. It is a pile of shit; it is crude propaganda; the whole thrust of the direction is blatantly false, in order to re-elect Trump. Here's a sample...

If you think simply, in binary terms of either/or, you will miss the big picture. And if one is so adverse to Donald Trump and his Red State, “Q–cult” clientele that one believes that everything they think is, de facto false, one will miss a big part of the picture.

-For the simple reason that no disinformation outlet spewing disinformation to the public is ever 100 % false. That is not how disinformation works. Usually the margin of error & lies in the disinformation channels is roughly fifteen to twenty percent. As a corollary, this means that every political cult - and "Q" is most definitely a 'cult' - has at least an eighty to eighty-five percent foothold in reality.

That’s something I learned from Mae Brussell. She was an old hand at sifting the ore to pan out the gold.

It actually takes a whole lot of energy to negate (or to try to negate) everything that a group of several million people believe. Folks who do that are making themselves dumber - rather than smarter or purer. –For the simple reason that when one rejects info that is eighty percent true, one is rejecting a lot of reality along with the twenty percent that is garbage & false.

It is far better to do the hard work & study to learn and discern what is true & what is false on a line item basis. As Lao Tzu said, “The Tao is not this; not that.”

Last edited by Mayacaman; 07-18-2020 at 03:59 PM.

23. Gratitude expressed by:

24. TopTop #374
    Mayacaman

Anatomy of Delusion: How Otherwise Conscious People Descended into the Darkness

Note: The purpose of this article is not to speak to those who are spreading Bill Gates-is-the-Antichrist or the coronavirus-is-a-hoax memes.

Continues here
    Personally, I think that this pandemic is no hoax; that it is real, potentially deadly and fatal, and that it is a good thing to wear your mask in public. It is even better to engage in a serious regimen of electro-therapy, colloidal silver-water, herbs, vitamins, minerals & Oxygen therapy - the whole gamut of non-AMA-approved alternative medicine to help boost the immune system...

Since I am not now, nor have I ever been a "New Ager", I find the bulk of Stephen Dinan's spiel to be tedious and tendentious. And the cat is out of the bag; no fix or "patch" in the "code" will make the cat go back into the bag.
    Momentous Events often have this effect - of effecting ye olde Sea-Change in consciousness, and forcing folks into novel thought-patterns and new alignments.

But
    the "new paradigm" was & remains psychobabble / sprecken generated by a British Intelligence Operation that had its roots in the very significant and very obscure Alliance that the Rajahs made with the British East India Company at the time of the Seven Years War on the Subcontinent, when the Brits kicked the French out of the Deccan after the Battle of Plassey in 1757.

This joint venture Union - of the ruling class Rajahs of India and the Oligarchs of Angleterre - has been the sub rosa subtext of History ever since the end of the Seven Years War in 1763. It was the significant bond that both created and promoted the Theosophical Society of London & New York in 1875. This coalition has been the driving force behind the "New Age Movement" ever since.

The "code" of the "new paradigm" can't be "patched" - no matter how many words get spieled into the air by a thousand "New Age CEO's" or acolytes like Stephen Dinan. The "New Age" was and is a gyp. It is high time to wake up. The real "New Age" is Paradise for the Plutocrats : a two-tiered, neo-feudal future of two classes: Alphas & Drones; the Vision written in granite on the Georgia Guidestones.

Last edited by Mayacaman; 07-08-2020 at 07:34 PM.

25. Gratitude expressed by:

26. TopTop #375
    Chauncey Gardner

V for Vandetta predicts covid to the year, and has an overwhelming crowd presence that emerges to over take the power brokers.
    Twelve Monkeys talks about the distribution of a virus and that a 'madman 'scientist who is against the capitalist demiurge decides to take things into his own hands. The Hero Goes back in time to find the. culprit Terry Gilliam film must see.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by infojockey: View Post
    George Lucas' first movie "THX1138", might be instructive.

27. Gratitude expressed by:

28. TopTop #376
    infojockey

CNN has been caught by the tail so many times for specious reporting that there is actually a Wikipedia page dedicated to "CNN Controversies". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_controversies. If you get your news exclusively from CNNABCNBCCBS you will become a patsy for big surprises such as Trump's election, the failure of the Mueller investigations, the failure of two hearings, the strange case of the invisible "whistleblower", the failure of the Impeachment. The omission of news is as much propaganda as is the distortion of news. Omission is blindness and if there is one thing that defines blindness, it is the surprise appearance of an obstacle. If political events in the world surprise you, it is a good bet that you are misinformed.

Abandon the perceptual tool of COMPARISON at your peril. Complete data on all the contemporary controversies is a mouse click away. No one is so energy deficient that they cannot click a computer mouse. The only phenomena capable of killing your curiosity is the hypnotic miasma of propaganda. You are being played like a cheap violin by CNN & Co. The mainstream media is an ice pick in your eyes, it's that ding dong simple. Nothing more tragic than willful self lobotomy. Ideology, ALL ideology, is exactly that.

www.walteralter.com/psyops.htm.

If you’re like many of my friends, colleagues and allies, you’ve been baffled by the number of otherwise conscious people who have begun spouting extreme conspiracy memes, joining the anti-mask rebellion, or attacking people for the sin of watching CNN.

“I thought I knew these people?” you might think. “How in the world did that person go from promoting detox regimens to calling the worst pandemic of our lives a hoax?”

Continues here
    Last edited by Barry; 07-08-2020 at 05:16 PM.

29. Gratitude expressed by:

30. TopTop #377
    podfish

CNN has been caught by the tail so many times for specious reporting that there is actually a Wikipedia page dedicated to "CNN Controversies". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CNN_controversies. .....
    this ran off in some odd directions, though your thesis may be correct. Of course abandoning comparison is a mistake. But... lumping CNNABCNBCCBS as if they were one voice, rather than four that can be compared, is an attempt to inject a thesis of yours as if it were a fact. It's already an oversimplification to treat a single media outlet as if it was one coherent voice, much less to assume MSM is a single monolithic one. Also, there's no such thing as the 'failure' of the Mueller or other investigations. Those are processes, not attempts to achieve a predetermined result. You may assert otherwise, but that's an assertion not an objective fact. You'll have to qualify any such assertion before it can be evaluated with a binary succeeded/failed evaluation.

Sure, though, I'll agree that anyone who follows any single media narrative, or takes any pundit's opinion as if it were an objective picture of reality, is destined to be frequently surprised. On the other hand, I think we're all destined to be frequently surprised.

(btw the wikipedia page isn't particularly damning; it describes what anyone should expect to be the case when talking about commercial, corporate media selling 24-hours of squirrels to a sensation-seeking public)
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2020 at 04:13 PM.

31. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

32. TopTop #378
    Jude Iam

I don't have a link handy, but certainly everyone has seen videos where 2 or 3 dozen tv news shows are edited together, reporting on a story all with the exact same wording. exact. and that's "the news".

big pharma has one of - if not the - biggest budget for lobbying in DC and advertisements on TV.

what was the question, again?

jude

..It's already an oversimplification to treat a single media outlet as if it was one coherent voice, much less to assume MSM is a single monolithic one. ..
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2020 at 04:15 PM.

33. TopTop #379
    Finell
    Supporting Member

I am not aware of instances in which "2 or 3 dozen tv news shows" on CNN and ABC and NBC and CBS report "on a story all with the exact same wording. exact." Please provide examples.

Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2020 at 04:36 PM.

34. TopTop #380
    Jude Iam

I didn't write that they covered all those networks, now did I?

And I did write that I didn't have a link handy, didn't I?

When I find, I'll send, or perhaps someone else will.

jude
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2020 at 04:36 PM.

35. TopTop #381
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    I don't have a link handy, but certainly everyone has seen videos where 2 or 3 dozen tv news shows are edited together, reporting on a story all with the exact same wording. exact.
    I'd like to see those videos. I recall a bunch of short clips using the exact same buzzword, or even phrase, but unless you're referring to a group of Sinclair outlets, it's not "exact same wording" for more than a few words. What you do get are a bunch of similar outlets with similar shows picking up the same message. Because, lack of imagination; because, echoing what they've heard from the same 'well informed source'; because, some turn of phrase has become a meme and they're parrots. It's a long stretch to go from noticing that they often all cover the same thing in the same way, to claiming that's evidence that they're all reading from the same script.
    I work in a business where it's peoples' jobs to come up with fresh and unique ideas, and we all learn very early that it's tough to avoid all coming up with the same damn thing as everyone else does. The media has the reverse incentive - they don't want to be the one who missed something obvious. So hell yes they often look like each other.

36. Gratitude expressed by:

37. TopTop #382
    infojockey

"Odd directions" - your characterization and yours alone. One rationalization after another is not a compelling argument from you. The surprises I noted are not minor blips on the screen. The media, shrieking for Trump's blood during the Mueller investigation and the other events I mentioned, created the expectation that a Trump takedown was immanent - the evidence seemed air tight; the case, as like Hilary's victory, was presented as a fait accompli. I have a radical friend who was in a surly funk for weeks after the Mueller investigation failed to pull the trigger on the Trumpyman. The press, with its litany of acronyms, led the radical activist pseudo proletariat to a false expectation and then ducked any accusation that they MISINFORMED their viewers. Well, as history dictated, THE PRESS DID MISINFORM their viewers. Yet, today they remain trusted by the liberal spectrum and I can only attribute this to a particular form ideological blindness. It is tragic to behold good minds being so easily conned, so easily forced to scramble for a justification of their self imposed ignorance.

Good data on any issue is out there on the web, a mouse click away, as I like to observe. Near zero physical energy is required to satisfy one's curiosity on any topic, but apparently there is a mountain of reluctance to fully and rigorously educate oneself to the realpolitik of the Age of Info. Programmed beliefs are clung to with a white knuckle death grip. Any data that is not a confirmation of one's belief identity is perceived as a threat to existence. This is ideational slavery, and the field hand not only thinks they are free, but think that they are the sole vehicle of human virtue and humanity. That is a delusion. Many of us wish for a fully just and humane society devoid of class struggle and economic disadvantage yet are not crypto pseudo Marxist storm troopers or their useful idiots, a term Lenin popularized for any progressive not a member of the Bolshevik Party proper. There are Republicans of the GOP Central Committee, Wall St. neocons by other parlance, and there are republicans- practitioners of republicanism - anti-oligarchs. We are NOT Marxists. We are Renaissance humanists and your freedoms are the result of our efforts over centuries. Do me a favor and Wikipedia "The American Progressive Party" and get back to me.

www.walteralter.com/psyops.htm
    My characterization and mine alone.

this ran off in some odd directions, though your thesis may be correct. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2020 at 04:37 PM.

38. TopTop #383
    infojockey

There are several such YouTube videos featuring a mosaic of "news readers" saying the EXACT same words from the EXACT same script with the EXACT same vocal inflection. It's a wonder to behold and has gone viral a number of times. This is the Age of Info, the age of the Rodney King video and its contemporary children. We are getting far too much detail for the comfort of the oligarchy. This is why the fur is beginning to fly out there. This is endgame and the oligarchy is out of time because the Internet is providing too much info on their rat lines of influence, their methods, their assets. We are experiencing their death spasms up close and personal thanks to the technology of the Internet. If you can't update and upgrade your interpretive framework, that will be you receding in the rear view mirror.

Here's an example, one of many on YouTube.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksb3KD6DfSI
    I don't have a link handy, ...
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2020 at 04:38 PM.

39. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

40. TopTop #384
    infojockey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksb3KD6DfSI
    Many such. Do not be reluctant to upgrade your interpretive framework. It is a precious ability and much effort is devoted to preventing its occurrence.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Finell: View Post
    I am not aware of instances in which "2 or 3 dozen tv news shows" on CNN and ABC and NBC and CBS report "on a story all with the exact same wording. exact." Please provide examples.

41. Gratitude expressed by:

42. TopTop #385
    Finell
    Supporting Member

You were responding to Podfish's objection to "lumping CNNABCNBCCBS as if they were one voice." If you were not saying that those four networks ran the same story in the same words, you were not making your point. Now you are saying, as Emily Litella so often conceded, "Never mind."
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2020 at 04:39 PM.

43. TopTop #386
    Mayacaman

I don't have a link handy, but certainly everyone has seen videos where 2 or 3 dozen tv news shows are edited together, reporting on a story all with the exact same wording. exact. and that's "the news".

big pharma has one of - if not the - biggest budget for lobbying in DC and advertisements on TV...
    jude
    I'd like to see those videos. I recall a bunch of short clips using the exact same buzzword, or even phrase, but unless you're referring to a group of Sinclair outlets, it's not "exact same wording" for more than a few words. What you do get are a bunch of similar outlets with similar shows picking up the same message. Because, lack of imagination; because, echoing what they've heard from the same 'well informed source'; because, some turn of phrase has become a meme and they're parrots. It's a long stretch to go from noticing that they often all cover the same thing in the same way, to claiming that's evidence that they're all reading from the same script.
    I work in a business where it's peoples' jobs to come up with fresh and unique ideas, and we all learn very early that it's tough to avoid all coming up with the same damn thing as everyone else does. The media has the reverse incentive - they don't want to be the one who missed something obvious. So hell yes they often look like each other.

Here it is, folks. I found it; remembering some of the exact language:

The “Dangerous to Our Democracy” Viral Video and its Hypocritical Media Coverage

44. TopTop #387
    Jude Iam

one of the other compilations echoed the phrase that "vaccines are safe and effective" over and over, exactly scripted... what we are being indoctrinated to believe.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-09-2020 at 04:39 PM.

45. Gratitude expressed by:

46. TopTop #388
    Mayacaman

one of the other compilations echoed the phrase that "vaccines are safe and effective" over and over, exactly scripted... what we are being indoctrinated to believe.

That phrase sure gets a lot of repetition in the kept media:

"vaccines are safe and effective"

Keep Hitting the "More Results" Bar
    @ the foot of the page.

Marvel.

The "vaccines are safe and effective" compilation video has -apparently- been deleted from youtube though. It probably was contrary to their "Community Standards"

These are still up on youtube:

brainwashing, repetition

47. TopTop #389
    podfish

"Odd directions" - your characterization and yours alone.....
    of course it's mine alone, I'm not part of the media groupthink so I didn't get my script. But I doubt I'm the only one with that perspective. And rationalization? instead of rational observation? Princess Bride comes to mind - I don't think you know what that word means...

apparently your radical friend shares your excessive faith in the media's presentation, too, if even after Hillary's victory failed to materialize he thought that the prognostications of media talking heads were accurate depictions of an inevitable future.

The common thread here in your comments, that I keep objecting to, is that people think the media accurately and completely synthesizes relevant information to present a robust consensus, while actually the media is a willing tool of well-coordinated campaigns to manipulate the public. If I had to pick an extreme, sure, I'd go with the second option, but there's too much chaos (in the technical sense of the word) for me to find it particularly plausible
    Last edited by Barry; 07-10-2020 at 12:29 PM.

48. Gratitude expressed by:

49. TopTop #390
    podfish

Quote mayacaman wrote:
    here it is, folks. I found it; remembering some of the exact language:

the “dangerous to our democracy” viral video and its hypocritical media coverage

usually when people base their arguments on video, I tell 'm to get off my lawn and find an audience who prefers them, but in this case they seemed relevant. But really? First, this starts off with a section on Sinclair Media, as if they were typical. Then, the first case of replication they bother to use is about children's birthday parties??? ok, I guess that proves something. The link infojockey has does show many reporters all reading something that clearly is scripted, too. It's not a news item or opinion piece, it sounds like it's from some kind of media trade association asserting their integrity as a profession. Kind of ironic if it didn't have a disclaimer and was presented as if it was an original thought. Can't tell from the context.

but sure, my bad. I should qualify if I haven't done so enough. The fluff stories on kittens are probably a commodity made available to the outlets 'on the edge' to steal jargon from computing. They don't have the big staffs that they used to, and the audience has proven that they don't care. And as I alluded to with my comment on 'relying on a few well-placed sources' they're hugely susceptible to groupthink. But don't try to get me to defend the media, I'll stick to pointing out there's information to be gleaned from them and they're a reflection of a variety of viewpoints.
    Last edited by Barry; 07-10-2020 at 12:30 PM.

50. Gratitude expressed by: