Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #331
    amayon

Re: Coronavirus: "Reality" & "Conspiracy Theory"

Quote Posted in reply to the post by heresbruce: View Post
    ...There are no guarantees, but it is foolish not to take whatever precautions that are NOT onerous that may lessen dangers to myself or others, especially my loved ones. Thank you for your concern...
    Sorry to be so combative, blessings on you and your family.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #332
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Finell: View Post
    I believe you mean well, Alex. I have not figured out whether Mark means well or whether he advocates crackpot positions for the fun of antagonizing others. Unfortunately, you, others who have expressed similar views in this thread, and possibly Mark as well, lack the knowledge and discernment to know which writers deserve to be believed and which do not. As a result, you do not apprehend the facts concerning the current health crisis or the broader context of public health and public policy.
    The lawyer- possibly lawyers, plural- who drafted those sentences is / are really a "bit of work" - as the Brits say.

I will be brief / for I have already 'figured' out that this Finell character means this one ( i ) no good) But I have not yet consulted my lawyer, to ask of him if there is a tort that we can squeeze out of those words {of Finell's.} For they surely are downright antagonizing, and yes, downright provocative, also...

I ask the Whole World to be my Witness in this Case: Behold a Lawyer who has not once missed a beat in taking every single opportunity he can to attempt to discredit me. And who has only spoken and written negative things about my person, and my brain since his appearance in this forum. -And- had I been as impatient as' Finell, I would have only allowed him 48 hours before I pontificated about his unworthiness as a witness. As it is, I can tell the world that I already "figured out" Finell a while back.

And now, lo he rumbleth, and lo he manuevereth himself into battle-positions, and lo, he doth lumber & it is longish: &,
    "...As a result, you do not apprehend the facts concerning the current health crisis or the broader context of public health and public policy..." - in which field, the learned legal doctor is soon to reveal his long legal experience...

Still, he has done nothing to dispel my impression of him - that he is the paid hireling of the CDC, detailed to be the room monitor & stringer @ Waccobb.net, for the duration of the Corona-virus Pandemic.
    Last edited by Mayacaman; 06-28-2020 at 10:48 PM.

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #333
    heresbruce

Alex, et all: I expected nothing more nor nothing less... I had thought there was a pretty low bar for intellectual capacity here, only to find at times there is no bar at all: quite revealing, and quite confirming at the same time...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by amayon: View Post
    Sorry to be so combative, blessings on you and your family.

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

6. TopTop #334
    amayon

Alex, et all: I expected nothing more nor nothing less... I had thought there was a pretty low bar for intellectual capacity here, only to find at times there is no bar at all: quite revealing, and quite confirming at the same time...
    No comment on that Fauci video huh? Conflicting information does make ones head hurt.

7. TopTop #335
    amayon

Here also is an extensive report by the Ontaria Civil Liberties Association on the science of why masks fail to stop virus transmission. The OCLA is asking the WHO to retract its recommendation of public mask-wearing.

I would love to see a display of your intellectual prowess, in response to this report, which refutes all of your points about mask-wearing.

You can also join the ranks of smirking cowards who drop in for long enough to show they are unable to click on links, and disappear after an empty comment.

http://ocla.ca/wp-content/uploads/20...D19-policy.pdf

" It would be a paradox if masks and respirators worked, given what we know about viral respiratory diseases: The main transmission path is long-residence-time aerosol particles (< 2.5 μm), which are too fine to be blocked, and the minimum-infective-dose is smaller than one aerosol particle. "

"No RCT study with verified outcome shows a benefit for HCW or community members in households to wearing a mask or respirator. There is no such study. There are no exceptions.

Likewise, no study exists that shows a benefit from a broad policy to wear masks in public (more on this below).

Furthermore, if there were any benefit to wearing a mask, because of the blocking power against droplets and aerosol particles, then there should be more benefit from wearing a respirator (N95) compared to a surgical mask, yet several large meta-analyses, and all the RCT, prove that there is no such relative benefit.

Masks and respirators do not work. "

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #336
    podfish

Here also is an extensive report by the Ontaria Civil Liberties Association

I would love to see a display of your intellectual prowess, in response to this report, which refutes all of your points about mask-wearing.

You can also join the ranks of smirking cowards who drop in for long enough to show they are unable to click on links, and disappear after an empty comment.
    wow, aren't you the poster boy for dispassionate evaluation of scientific facts.

.. just happened to be in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd drop by. Gotta go though, have a class on how to click links coming up soon.

10. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

11. TopTop #337
    wisewomn

Touche, Podfish!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    wow, aren't you the poster boy for dispassionate evaluation of scientific facts.

.. just happened to be in the neighborhood, so I thought I'd drop by. Gotta go though, have a class on how to click links coming up soon.

12. TopTop #338
    Jude Iam

yo, peter and barbara:
    Please don't dominate the rap, Jack
    If you've got nothing new to say.

Summary / Abstract
    Masks and respirators do not work.

April 2020

There have been extensive randomized controlled trial (RCT) studies, and meta-analysis reviews of RCT studies, which all show that masks and respirators do not work to prevent respiratory influenza-like illnesses, or respiratory illnesses believed to be transmitted by droplets and aerosol particles.

Furthermore, the relevant known physics and biology, which I review, are such that masks and respirators should not work. It would be a paradox if masks and respirators worked, given what we know about viral respiratory diseases: The main transmission path is long-residence-time aerosol particles (< 2.5 μm), which are too fine to be blocked, and the minimum-infective-dose is smaller than one aerosol particle.

The present paper about masks illustrates the degree to which governments, the mainstream media, and institutional propagandists can decide to operate in a science vacuum, or select only incomplete science that serves their interests. Such recklessness is also certainly the case with the current global lockdown of over 1 billion people, an unprecedented experiment in medical and political history.

thanks, Alex. reposting abstract because, right: few will actually open and read.
    nearly 300,000 views on this one. counter-intuitive but SCIENCE, for those who can be bothered AND can comprehend.
    jude
    Last edited by Barry; 06-26-2020 at 01:24 PM.

13. TopTop #339
    amayon

Although there is no cure for Tourette Syndrome (TS), there are treatments to help manage the tics caused by TS. Many people with TS have tics that do not get in the way of their living their daily life and, therefore, do not need any treatment. However, medication and behavioral treatments are available if tics cause pain or injury; interfere with school, work, or social life; or cause stress. A recently developed behavioral treatment is the
    Comprehensive Behavioral Intervention for Tics (CBIT)

14. TopTop #340
    Mayacaman

Mark, because you are now focussing on facts and on supporting authority, please provide us with a rigorous, scientifically accurate depiction, supported by reliable authorities, of the layout (that is, the components, circuit diagram, and wafer), with dimensions, of a functioning microchip that could do whatever you claim these alleged microchips will do, that could be manufactured with today's technology, and that would be small enough to be injected in administering in a vaccine.
    Let's examine this first sentence a little more minutely: In the first sentence alone there is a classic textbook example of several sleazy lawyer courtroom tricks rolled into one: A) "Let's pretend the opposing counsel hasn't scored any points yet" & B) "When behind, slur the Summary of what has already transpired." & C) "Never over-estimate the attention span of the Jury."

But First, he damns me with faint praise by writing the following:

Thank you, Mark, for redirecting this discussion to facts and reliable sources, rather than "the realm of mere opinions." That will make this rest of discussion more focussed and produceive—and a lot shorter. This is the most important contribution that any of us has made to this discussion yet. Thank you again, Mark.
    -And then he pretends that this signifies a new direction for me - "
    Mark, because you are now focussing on facts and on supporting authority..." as if I had never left any links before, substantiating any of my points. Ah, but I always leave links. Links to me are like footnotes. -And Steve Finell, Esq., has never opened any of the links that I have left, nor has he ever offered any feedback at all after he has drawn me out.

You'll notice I didn't go for his sugared approach. I see the blackness of his heart. Because after I answered the joker, (See Post #322, Above) He writes this - as if I did not respond:

I believe you mean well, Alex. I have not figured out whether Mark means well or whether he advocates crackpot positions for the fun of antagonizing others. Unfortunately, you, others who have expressed similar views in this thread, and possibly Mark as well, lack the knowledge and discernment to know which writers deserve to be believed and which do not. As a result, you do not apprehend the facts concerning the current health crisis or the broader context of public health and public policy.
    This is how shills and trolls operate. They do not engage in any meaningful dialog. They probably don't know how to. In this case, the man's communication skills ever since graduation have always been dedicated to Commerce. Anyway, this Finell reveals a lot about himself when he speaks of the "fun of antagonizing others..." Yes, you do, Steve. And I see you. Shades of "THE BIG CHILL" -Big Time.

Yes. Steve. Back in the day, in the
    Caffe Mediterraneum, no doubt you were one of the serious 'revolutionaries' sitting at one of the round tables (of the various "tendencies") on the first floor. I was never a member of any "tendency". Back in the day, I used to sit in the Gallery of the Med, among the poets & the dreamers, the seekers & the kids doing their homework. Ah, but Somehow I learned to "the-o-rize" (thē′ə-rīz). -And Now, that seems to be a Revolutionary Act - which shills and sell-outs like you must stamp out.

15. TopTop #341
    Mayacaman

Bill Gates, Vaccinations, Microchips, And Patent 060606

Written by Leonid SAVIN on

There are many conspiracy theories – some believe that reptilians are running the US government and others believe that Coca-Cola uses the blood of Christian babies to produce its soft drinks. There are people who have seen “chemtrails” and others who advocate wearing tinfoil hats when watching television to protect from destructive brainwashing waves. Often, the prophecies of Scripture are interpreted as a commentary on some technological discovery or event. But there are also rational facts that it doesn’t make sense to deny because they are documented. These include the existence of the Bilderberg club, the CIA’s MK-Ultra project, and George Soros’ funding of dubious political activities in a number of countries.

The case described below relates to an officially documented fact, although there is something rather biblical about it. Patent WO/2020/060606 was registered on 26 March 2020. The patent application was filed by Microsoft Technology Licensing, LLC, headed by Bill Gates, back on 20 June 2019, and, on 22 April 2020, the patent was granted international status. The title of the patent is “Cryptocurrency system using body activity data”.

So, what is this invention that the people at Microsoft decided to patent? The abstract of the patent application online states: “Human body activity associated with a task provided to a user may be used in a mining process of a cryptocurrency system. A server may provide a task to a device of a user which is communicatively coupled to the server. A sensor communicatively coupled to or comprised in the device of the user may sense body activity of the user. Body activity data may be generated based on the sensed body activity of the user. The cryptocurrency system communicatively coupled to the device of the user may verify if the body activity data satisfies one or more conditions set by the cryptocurrency system, and award cryptocurrency to the user whose body activity data is verified.”

In other words, a chip will be inserted into the body that monitors a person’s daily physical activity in return for cryptocurrency. If conditions are met, then the person receives certain bonuses that can be spent on something.
    A detailed description of the “invention” provides 28 concepts for how the device could be used.

It also provides a list of countries for which the invention is intended. Essentially, this is all the members of the United Nations and a few regional organisations specified separately – the European Patent Office, the Eurasian Patent Organization, and two African intellectual property protection organisations.

Although inserting microchips into the body is nothing new – the Masonic Youth Child Identification Program has been in operation in the US for a while, and people calling themselves cyborgs exhibit various implants – Microsoft’s involvement is interesting. And why has the patent been given the code number 060606? Is it a coincidence or the deliberate choice of what is referred to in the Book of Revelation as the number of the beast?

Bill Gates’ name is constantly being mentioned these days in connection with his interests in pharmaceutical companies, vaccinations, and WHO funding. Although the globalist media try to highlight Bill Gates as a great philanthropist and protect him from attacks and criticism in every way possible, it is unlikely they’ll be able to conceal a whole web of connections.

Bill Gates’ company is involved in another project – the digital ID project ID2020 Alliance. On the website’s homepage, it says that the project has been addressing the issue of digital rights since 2016. In 2018, the Alliance worked with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees. Besides Microsoft, the Alliance includes the Rockefeller Foundation, the design studio IDEO.org (with offices in San Francisco and New York), the consulting firm Accenture, and Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance – a company that actively promotes and distributes various vaccines around the world. The Secretariat for the Alliance is based in New York.

It is telling that Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance mostly covers countries in Africa and Asia. In Europe, the organisation is only active in Albania, Croatia, Moldova and Ukraine, and, in the Caucasus, in Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan. Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance also has links with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Bank Group, the World Health Organization, and UNICEF. These are all listed as founding partners!

Since February 2020, Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance has been focusing on the coronavirus pandemic. The organisation’s CEO is Dr Seth Berkley. Although the headquarters of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance are in Geneva, Berkley himself, an epidemiologist by training, is from New York. Since the late 1980s, he has spent eight years working at the Rockefeller Foundation and is a fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations. He is also an advisory council member of the New York-based Acumen Fund.

So, yet another link has been found. Theological interpretations of the patent number are probably best left to experts on religion, but it is clear that there are strong links between organisations and companies like the Rockefeller Foundation, Microsoft, the pharmaceutical lobby and the World Bank Group, not to mention secondary service providers. They are trying to play the role of a supranational government by constantly focusing on the fact that, these days, national governments cannot cope with epidemics, illnesses, famines, etc. single-handed. But, as China has shown, they can. The West cannot and does not want to acknowledge this, however, largely because it does not want to share power. So, the globalist media will continue their information campaigns, where the blame will be placed anywhere but on the West. It is telling that right now, as additional information on the coronavirus has started to emerge, false stories on China’s role in the epidemic have been stepped up and statistics manipulated.

16. TopTop #342
    infojockey

George Lucas' first movie "THX1138", might be instructive.

17. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

18. TopTop #343
    heresbruce

Alex, thank you for the interesting and provocative reference to the paper by Dr. Rancourt. Interesting read, that resulted in a late night of chasing down the research and conclusions, and counter-perspectives. A bit like going down Alice’s rabbit hole. I then followed several threads of critiques of his article, mostly negative and dismissive. I also contacted friends and acquaintances working in the medical field for additional input. I will let others do their own research and draw their own conclusions. It was not my intention to be adversarial or challenging other than to perhaps question the soundness of your resources, since I do not know you, your experience nor your vitae. I am aware I have circumscribed knowledge in many areas and depend on other vetted more knowledgeable science-based, and otherwise, sources as I am able to discover them. Occasionally I make errors and do my best to admit and rectify them.

Having worked and had training in a several hospital and mental health settings, beyond my academic work, I have a dynamic sense of what I know and what I do not know. Personally, my own considered conclusion of the article Masks Don't Work: A review of science relevant to COVID-19 social policy (which was withdrawn from publication) is that it is quasi-scientific gibberish of the quackery sort. In his Summary/Abstract RD Rancort’s tone started in a distrusting, suspicious, and condescending manner (poor show for an academic scholarly article); his research was selective and cherry picked and only delved far enough to prove his point but stopped short of deeper info contravening his assertion; and he misrepresents and distorts others findings and conclusions.

Denis Rancourt is a former professor of physics at the University of Ottawa. Rancourt is a recognized scientist but is more widely known for his confrontations with his former employer, the University of Ottawa, over issues involving his grade inflation and "academic squatting," the act of arbitrarily changing the topic of a course without departmental permission. Until I know more, I consider him an educated fool. Made me think of "Ask Doctor Science!". But that is JUST my opinion. I welcome your assistance in my education and world view, but have no desire to get into a pointless “pissing match”: please don’t harsh my mellow…
    yours, Bruce

Here also is an extensive report by the Ontaria Civil Liberties Association on the science of why masks fail to stop virus transmission. ...

19. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

20. TopTop #344
    podfish

.... I consider him an educated fool. Made me think of "Ask Doctor Science!".
    what do you have against Dr. Science? I miss those guys and their wisdom.

21. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

22. TopTop #345
    Mayacaman

By James Grundvig 06/19/2020

In the wake of the COVID-19 comet that burst onto the scene at the start of the year that lead to sheltering people in place, shuttering businesses, putting tens of millions out of work, and tyrannical rules, new behavioral controls were enacted in haste. Were those measures rolled out to ensure the health of people around the world? Or were they imposed with its real agenda hidden? Did the changes have long phases of development? Or were they contrived and implemented on the fly?

These questions, and many others, must be answered to understand the pandemic’s true nature and whether global health officials have humanity’s best interest when creating COVID19 policies.

Beyond the rules of wearing masks outdoors and maintaining social distance, we learned that while the RT-PCR test (reverse transcription polymerise chain reaction) is accurate in detecting the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in blood, but not in identifying the SARS-CoV-2 virus. The tests have been burdened with faulty results, leading to thousands of false-positive tests, including labs that gave fruits and goats from Tanzania infected results. We learned that some of the kits came contaminated with coronavirus strains. And we have learned that in some states, positive swabs and serology tests taken from the same person were counted 2 and 3 times, increasing the number of “positive” tests. Then, we also heard about the contamination at the CDC lab that delayed the rollout of the COVID-19 tests, as reported in the Washington Post.

There are reports that the CDC refused to purchase Germany’s diagnostic test kits which proved to be one of the first reliable means of detecting the virus. They were widely used with measurable success because Germany tested far more people than the United Kingdom and the United States from the outset. Some believed that the CDC wanted to capitalize on the opportunity, by patenting its own test kit in order to reap the profits. That would empower the CDC to become the central gatekeeper in the coronavirus battle for years to come. A Maryland law firm, Weltchek, Mallahan & Weltchek Attorneys at Law, exposed that the CDC owns more than 50 patents related to vaccines. So, that fits a pattern.

In the 1990s, CDC Director Robert R. Redfield tried to corner the AIDs vaccine market. He would have succeeded with the development of a dangerous vaccine except for the U.S. Air Force officer-turned-whistleblower who came forward to expose the data manipulation before the vaccine made it through the FDA’s Phase III trial. It should be no surprise that Redfield’s name is also linked as a co-inventor of five patents.

When Left-leaning magazine, The Atlantic outed the CDC and many blue states’ health officials for “conflating viral and antibody tests” at the end of May, public trust eroded in the health agency funded and designed over the decades to protect U.S. taxpayers from this type of event. Take the recent hospital raid by Brazilian parliament members who had received a report that the hospital had had 5,000 coronavirus cases and 200 deaths. The field trip, which was caught on video and shared widely on Twitter, showed the hospital didn’t have any coronavirus patients. Not a single one.

Truths like these magnify the cooked and manipulated data. They also point out multinational collusion and reveal the silhouette of a hidden agenda being propagated 24/7 by the pharma-bought media. The propaganda is done in sync with international governments and government health agencies under the cover of a complicit tech sector that censors debate and blocks all views that challenge the mainstream medical orthodoxy.

Contact Tracing’s True Design

Beyond the flat out lies about the data and number of deaths, there is contact tracing—the ultimate surveillance tool. In the near-term, we have been bought the need for contact tracing to contain the pandemic. The idea is to track anyone who may have come in contact with a person who is “positive” for the coronavirus, whatever that means, over the last two weeks. The tracking, eh spying, on others could produce a short list of names to trace, including persons who have decided to shelter-in-place and rarely go out. Or it could generate a long list of names, including those who actively participate in society and take public transportation to go to work at an essential facility.

On paper, contact tracing seems logical. It’s a process used to map out the spread of a virus. It’s not new. For example, it has been used in the past to track sexually transmitted diseases and cancer clusters that have an environmental factor. Another example was in 2014, when the World Health Organization used contact tracing to track the spread of Ebola in West Africa. From this experience, the WHO produced a 36-page guide for health professionals and partners, titled, “Implementation and Management of Contact Tracing for Ebola Virus Disease [EVD].

Section 1.3 – ‘Contact tracing in the overall EVD response’ reads:

“Contact tracing is a critical tool for controlling an EVD outbreak but represents only one aspect of a multifaceted control strategy for EVD outbreaks. Contact tracing is intricately connected to case finding (surveillance) and case investigation processes; the detection of an EVD case activates the case investigation process, at which time contacts are identified, initiating the contact tracing process…”

What it means today is simple. Once people have been traced in a network of an infected person, authorities will seek to have the others tested for coronavirus. If the faulty COVID19 tests and conflated/inflated numbers weren’t bad enough, if an asymptomatic ‘traced person’ returned a positive test, the result would go into multiple health registries, including local and state police, federal law enforcement in the FBI, DHS, the TSA, and all types of health agencies, here and abroad. The vendors hired by the CDC and state health departments will also have access to your personal data and all of your contacts.

Despite guarantees from the testing firms that they won’t share the infected person’s name with others in the network, the may still mine the data and share or sell it to government agencies and pharmaceutical companies. One example is how GlaskoSmithKlein (GSK) acquired 23andMe. That acquisition released all that data into the belly of the beast.

Contact Tracing’s Stealth Use

If Bill Gates and his partners have their way, they will be able to map and monitor every aspect of your life. They will identify those who are – or who have been – infected. They will know the health status of everyone in real-time. They will see people’s comorbidities. And when the time comes, they will see who has taken the rushed COVID19 vaccines.

If the new vaccine leads to a more virulent mutant virus or those who are vaccinated become more susceptible to harm during the “second wave” then they are predicting, it will be difficult to prove. And harder to defend. By then, it would be too late.

Thus, it is vital to see all those who are behind the curtain pulling the strings of contact tracing. Who are these nefarious groups and persons? They have familiar names: The CDC, the WHO, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Unitaid, Dr. Anthony Fauci/NIAID, and many others. Google, Apple, and Microsoft have also entered the fold. Then there are the startups with new downloadable apps, such as CoviPass, that will use Bluetooth to trace people. One such company, Partners in Health, has Chelsea Clinton on its Board.

At first glance, a board seat to Chelsea Clinton might not seem so out of the ordinary. That is, until one learns that a pair of tax investigating whistleblowers, Lawrence Doyle and former DEA supervisor John Moynihan, uncovered the Clinton Foundation funnels tens of millions of dollars into the Gates Foundation through multilayered health initiatives.

Doyle and Moynihan exposed a meeting of U.S. Congressional officials attending an Aspen Institute conference last August in Rwanda. That meeting was a host to a venerable Who’s Who of contact tracing. There were two representatives from the Gates Foundation and several executives from Partners in Health. There were also eight U.S. Congressmen in attendance including Bobby Rush (D-IL), the principle author of the HR-6666 $100 billion Trace Act that was introduced shortly after the end of the conference.

Doyle and Moynihan claim that HR-6666 was first concocted at that Rwanda conference and was designed to infiltrate the lives, homes, and families of American citizens.

When the Clinton Foundation and the Gates Foundation work together to promote vaccines are the only “solution” to the pandemic, one should pause. With the implementation of contact tracing as a mass surveillance and data collection tool, we should be deeply concerned.

We must question everything about this pandemic, from the new rules on masks and social distancing to the bogus tests and the invasive surveillance. We must wake up to the fact that the global elitists are setting us up to profit off enormously from the Plan-demic sham. They not only want to track your every move, but they also want to own and control every aspect of your life.

Last edited by Barry; 06-28-2020 at 10:44 AM.

23. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

24. TopTop #346
    wisewomn

Birthday party leaves 18 in Texas family with coronavirus

June 25, 2020

CARROLLTON, Texas (AP) — A surprise birthday party that resulted in 18 people testing positive for the coronavirus has left a North Texas man horrified as his father continues to fight for his life in a hospital intensive care unit.

Ron Barbosa, who is married to a doctor and refused to attend the May 30 party for his daughter-in-law because of safety concerns amid the COVID-19 pandemic, said those hospitalized included his parents, both in their 80′s, and his sister, who is also battling breast cancer.

Barbosa said his nephew, unknowingly infected with the virus, hosted last month’s gathering of 25 people that only lasted a few hours and followed the state’s latest health standards. During the party, he said the nephew interacted with seven relatives, who subsequently contracted the virus and spread it to 10 other family members, including two young children.

“When people started getting sick, we really let everyone have it,” Barbosa told WFAA-TV. “We knew this was going to happen, I mean, this whole time this has been going on we’ve been terrified.”

Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday said Texas would halt its aggressive reopening as it deals with a surge in coronavirus cases and hospitalizations that has made the state a virus hot spot. Statewide, the number of COVID-19 patients has more than doubled in two weeks. Texas has reported more than 11,000 new cases in the previous two days alone.

Barbosa’s mother, Carole, who stopped by the function to drop something off, tested positive for coronavrius June 6 and was admitted to the hospital a week later.

Barbosa said his father, Frank, who didn’t attend the get-together but later contracted COVID-19, was hospitalized June 17. He said his dad is currently “hanging on by a thread” in the ICU while on life support.
    “It’s heartbreaking,” Barbosa said, holding back tears.

Frank received a plasma donation Wednesday from a recovered coronavirus patient, according to Barbosa’s Facebook page. Barbosa said he hopes the procedure will save his dad’s life.

“Prayers were answered today,” Barbosa wrote on Facebook. “Now he (Frank) needs to get well for mom and the Barbosa Family.”

Barbosa said his family remains united despite feeling a pendulum of emotions over the past few weeks.
    “We were horrified. People couldn’t believe that they took it to a family member,” he said. “But now, we’re holding on together.”

Carole has returned home to recover, according to a Facebook page the family created, which indicated that Barbosa’s sister, Kathy, is feeling better and back home to recuperate.

https://apnews.com/d9a6ca7eef083315648003509d07515a

25. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

26. TopTop #347
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    Birthday party leaves 18 in Texas family with coronavirus
    This is important information, Barbara, but why did you post it in our ward? [-the "Coronavirus C-T" Ward] I believe that it should more appropriately be posted in the regular "Coronavirus" Category that Barry established for all you white folks. [Speaking only for myself] I believe that Covid-19 is a very real Pandemic [exceedingly real] and that everyone ought to take precautions and wear face masks & practice social distancing.

All of those practices help contain - or slow down - the spread of the virus. Ain't none of us down here in this Ghetto [that I know of] agree with the fringe Trumpsters that there ain't no pandemic going on.

Last edited by Barry; 06-29-2020 at 09:57 AM.

27. TopTop #348
    Mayacaman

Dr. Fauci and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases
    Use of Foster Children in Developing an HIV Vaccine

Faith Dyson recently published an article on Facebook titled: What Was Fauci’s Role In Funding Tuskgegee-Like AIDS Experiments On Foster Children In Seven U.S. States?

She relies heavily on the work of investigative journalist Liam Scheff, and his research published in the book, The House That AIDS Built, which can be found online here.

In 2004 – investigative journalist, Liam Scheff, exposed the fact that hundreds of Foster children at Incarnation Children’s Center [ICC] in NYC were used and abused as lab rats for unsupervised and unrestricted AIDS research and Vaccine studies by Big Pharma and The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases [NIAID].

Years later in separate investigations – 13,878 children were discovered to have been made subject of the same fate during the 1980’s and 1990’s in six other states: Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, North Carolina, Colorado and Texas.
    As we found out in our own investigative report back in 2015, Congress knew about these medical experiments being conducted on foster children and conducted a hearing in 2005, with the title “Protections for Foster Children Enrolled in Clinical Trials.”

The transcript of these hearings used to be on the House.gov website, but since we published our article it has been removed. A copy can be found at Archives.org here.

When the Subcommittee on Human Resources of the Committee on Ways and Means, U.S. House of Representatives met to examine this problem, Chairman Wally Herger, Representative from California made this statement:

"Over the last 18 months, this Subcommittee has heard hearings about a number of issues affecting kids in the Federal, State child welfare programs, and this issue is like many of them: It has the potential for being explosive. The child welfare program in the richest, most powerful country in the world is, and has been, often an abysmal failure.

"Now, we don’t need proof of more of that. We can give you all kinds of examples of it. We know about kids losing their lives in the child welfare system. Practically every State legislature every year deals with one case or another, and everybody wrings their hands, and the problems go on. The kids are sometimes locked up and sometimes starved under the supervision of the agencies. We know the children have been used without proper supervision for drug testing. " (emphasis added)

The first witness to testify before the House subcommittee was Dr. Donald Young, M.D., U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation. He provided extensive testimony regarding governmental oversight. Dr. Young concluded his remarks by stating:

"We continue to address challenges posed by the threat of HIV/AIDS and are committed to basic and clinical research to strengthen the nation’s ability to cope with this infectious disease. The protection of human subjects, including children, in clinical trials has been and will remain a top priority for HHS. HHS is firmly committed to the protection of the rights and welfare of every individual who participates in human research consistent with sound ethical standards and regulatory requirements."

Later in the hearing, Dr. Young was asked if any changes were needed in regard to foster children and their participation in drug experimentation. Dr. Young stated:

"We are not aware of any changes that we believe need to be made. If they are identified, we will be very happy to consider them and make a decision as how best to proceed. We share with you the concern about the adequate protection of foster children. At the same time, the opportunity to let them participate and get the advantage of clinical research, if that is theirs and their guardian’s decision."

It appears that this Congressional hearing, while acknowledging that foster children were being enrolled in HIV/AIDS vaccine trials, did nothing to stop it.

Liam Scheff details what some of these foster children went through in his book.

In New York’s Washington Heights is a 4-story brick building called Incarnation Children’s Center (ICC). This former convent houses a revolving stable of children who’ve been removed from their own homes by the Agency for Child Services [ACS]. These children are black, Hispanic and poor.

Once taken into ICC, the children become subjects of drug trials sponsored by NIAID (National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Disease, a division of the NIH), NICHD (the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development) in conjunction with some of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies – GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Genentech, Chiron/Biocine and others.

The drugs being given to the children are toxic – they’re known to cause genetic mutation, organ failure, bone marrow death, bodily deformations, brain damage and fatal skin disorders.

If the children refuse the drugs, they’re held down and have them force fed. If the children continue to resist, they’re taken to Columbia Presbyterian hospital where a surgeon puts a plastic tube through their abdominal wall into their stomachs. From then on, the drugs are injected directly into their intestines.
    In 2003, two children, ages 6 and 12, had debilitating strokes due to drug toxicities. The 6-year-old went blind. They both died shortly after. Another 14-year old died recently. An 8-year-old boy had two plastic surgeries to remove large, fatty, drug-induced lumps from his neck.

This isn’t science fiction. This is AIDS research. The children at ICC were born to mothers who tested HIV positive, or who themselves tested positive. However, neither parents nor children were told a crucial fact — HIV tests are extremely inaccurate. The HIV test cross-reacts with nearly seventy commonly-occurring conditions, giving false positive results. These conditions include common colds, herpes, hepatitis, tuberculosis, drug abuse, inoculations and most troublingly, current and prior pregnancy. This is a double inaccuracy, because the factors that cause false positives in pregnant mothers can be passed to their children – who are given the same false diagnosis.

Most of us have never heard this before. It’s undoubtedly the biggest secret in medicine. However, it’s well known among HIV researchers that HIV tests are extremely inaccurate – but the researchers don’t tell the doctors, and they certainly don’t tell the children at ICC, who serve as test animals for the next generation of AIDS drugs. ICC is run by Columbia University’s Presbyterian Hospital in affiliation with Catholic Home Charities through the Archdiocese of New York.

Does the issue of “inaccurate tests” sound familiar? It should, because we are seeing the exact same thing today with COVID tests.

Faith Dyson writes about her reaction after reading Liam Scheff’s reports:

When I read the report, I was much like the general public – totally ignorant of NIAID; its director, funding, etc. and I doubt at that time there were very many other people who would have known who was in charge of the Agency outside of government bureaucrats, scientists, researchers, activists and possibly those who were affected by ‘the AIDS/HIV virus’.

What’s interesting to note here is that the source and/or existence of that pandemic is another highly questionable subject, because it appears to mimic the same scenario that accompanies the latest super-bug to attack the world’s population, the Coronavirus.

In fact – they’re so much alike, one would think the exact same plan had been followed in the production of both epidemics; the older one, AIDS/HIV, using monkeys and the newer one, Corona, using bats. (See link #3 for a shocking revelation re: active viruses in childhood vaccines that cause AIDS, Cancer, and Leukemia plus a host of other diseases and disorders and see #4 for the traumatic details of how the effects are still plaguing our population decades later..

Therefore – due to the results of the AIDS/HIV epidemic, those most affected by it had been demanding – from the same government Agency and pharmaceutical companies – some sort of treatment, vaccine, drug, etc. to stem the tide of the infection.

So the big question back then was:

“Where could Big Pharma and NIAID find lab rats to whom they could offer ‘free medical care’ in the guise of ‘helping to prevent and/or remedy their suffering’ all the while using them in AIDS/HIV drug and vaccine trails – without being bothered from outside interference, the same as was done in the infamous Tuskgegee Syphilis Experiment?” (See link #5.)

As Liam Scheff uncovered – the answer to their mad scientific prayers was the unsupervised and unprotected wards of the state, a.k.a. ‘Foster children’.

However – since the newest pandemic has arisen to overshadow all others, and we now have a much larger group of people demanding the same provisions from the same corporations and Government Agency, we all know who is the head of NIAID.

It’s Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the lead members of the Trump Administration’s White House Coronavirus Task Force addressing the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States.

So a recap of the facts we’ve learned from the corona outbreak – in conjunction with the AIDS/HIV funding that spawned the experiments at Incarnation Children’s Center and elsewhere – are as follows:

1) Dr. Fauci has been the director of NIAID, a division of The Executive Branch of The U.S. Government, since 1984, so he was also director during the Incarnation Children’s Center Experiments,

2) his NIAID profile states that he still currently “oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat established infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS, respiratory infections, diarrheal diseases, tuberculosis and malaria as well as emerging diseases such as Ebola and Zika.” (See link #6),

3) Fauci participates in Gate-sponsored Global Health Conferences and is listed on The Leadership Council for The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation (See link #7 and #8.), which has a huge stake in the profits from a Vaccine, Contact Tracing, microchipping, and various other technologies,

4) NIAID illegally outsourced $3.7 Million in U.S. Tax-payer’s money to Chinese scientists in the Wuhan Lab at the center of the Coronavirus outbreak for researching its ‘gain of function’ – after a moratorium had called a halt to all U.S. involvement in such studies. (See link #9.)
    and,

5) Fauci famously predicted in a speech from 2017 at Georgetown University: “[…], but also there will be a surprise outbreak […], and the history of the last 32 years that I’ve been the director of NIAID will tell the next administration that there’s no doubt in anyone’s mind that they will be faced with the challenges that their predecessors were faced with” – in a battle with a pandemic of infectious disease. (See link #10)

Read the entire article by Faith Dyson here

28. TopTop #349
    Finell
    Supporting Member

Racist language is never appropriate. It is especially inappropriate, and offensive, in the wake of increased reporting of police atrocities against blacks.

The conspiracy proponents here are not as homogeneous as you claim. Some conspiracy proponents here argue that reports of the pandemic are exaggerated and that everyone's natural immune system, bolstered by nutritional supplements, is all one needs to resist COVID-19.

Finally, Mark, you do not control discussion here. The discussion is not limited to those who agree with you. You were recently reminded of this.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post
    This is important information, Barbara, but why did you post it in our ward? [-the "Coronavirus C-T" Ward] I believe that it should more appropriately be posted in the regular "Coronavirus" Category that Barry established for all you white folks. [Speaking only for myself] I believe that Covid-19 is a very real Pandemic [exceedingly real] and that everyone ought to take precautions and wear face masks & practice social distancing.

All of those practices help contain - or slow down - the spread of the virus. Ain't none of us down here in this Ghetto [that I know of] agree with the fringe Trumpsters that there ain't no pandemic going on.
    Last edited by Barry; 06-29-2020 at 10:21 AM.

29. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

30. TopTop #350
    geomancer

EBM, were you wearing blackface when you wrote this? Asking for a friend.

... I believe that it should more appropriately be posted in the regular "Coronavirus" Category that Barry established for all you white folks. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 06-29-2020 at 10:22 AM.

31. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

32. TopTop #351
    Mayacaman

Racist language is never appropriate. It is especially inappropriate, and offensive, in the wake of increased reporting of police atrocities against blacks.

The conspiracy proponents here are not as homogeneous as you claim. Some conspiracy proponents here argue that reports of the pandemic are exaggerated and that everyone's natural immune system, bolstered by nutritional supplements, is all one needs to resist COVID-19.

Finally, Mark, you do not control discussion here. The discussion is not limited to those who agree with you. You were recently reminded of this.
    “Racist language” -That’s a brilliant gambit, Steve. –To imply that I am the racist so you can score a point and be one-up.

But I have already made my point before. Y’all are the chauvinists who come down into this ward to mock us darkies and taunt us with your own ‘Bell Curve’ pseudo-science about how we all be dumber than thou.

So posture yourself p.c.; tell yourself that you've scored a point, be one-up, and imply that I am a racist. Aha, But I am not.

As I wrote: "...people who are tarred as "conspiracy theorists" should engage in a little “identity politics" and protest that they have become an oppressed minority. Calling someone a “conspiracy theorist” in America today is equivalent to calling an African-American a “nigger” in the South during Jim Crow, or calling someone a “Communist” in the paranoid political climate of 1950, at the beginning of the Korean War.”

=Furthermore=

'Nobody can make me any more of an old field-negro than I already am. I embrace my negritude. Just ask Joshua Halpern, my old friend. When we greet we say, "Hey, Blood! =OR= "How's that old field-negro?"

'–We two, old Berkeley boys, conceived & born in the East Bay, eye-witnesses of the Free Speech Movement, habitués of the Caffe Mediterraneum, Peaceniks who dodged the canisters of tear-gas in ’68, radicals from our mothers breasts, both realize that we ain’t nothing but old field-negros to the plutocrats who run the ol' Global Plantation.'

( -already writ, paraphrased-)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by geomancer: View Post
    EBM, were you wearing blackface when you wrote this? Asking for a friend.
    No, and I wasn't strumming on the old banjo either.

Last edited by Mayacaman; 06-28-2020 at 10:43 PM.

33. TopTop #352
    Finell
    Supporting Member

Alex, who are you referring to as "They"?

They are going to release a "second wave" of Covid 19, or a new virus altogether, that is more deadly and resistant to treatment, and then trot out the mandatory vaxx

34. Gratitude expressed by:

35. TopTop #353
    podfish

“Racist language” -That’s a brilliant gambit, Steve. –To imply that I am the racist so you can score a point and be one-up.

But I have already made my point before. Y’all are the chauvinists who come down into this ward to mock us darkies
    sorry, he said 'racist language'. Whether to go the rest of the way and call you racist, that's up to the individual reader. I won't go there.
    But I will say that you're being tone-deaf to your audience and to the times. Now's not the time to try to reclaim the words that Mark Twain and others would like to use for more complex effect. Black people may be doing that to a primarily black audience. Someone like Larry Wilmore tried it in front of a national audience with Obama, to mixed results. It doesn't read well to the audience you have here, and I think it's incumbent on us, your readers to point out that it feels like an abuse of free speech and to discourage you from using it in this context.

36. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

37. TopTop #354
    Mayacaman

sorry, he said 'racist language'. Whether to go the rest of the way and call you racist, that's up to the individual reader. I won't go there.
    But I will say that you're being tone-deaf to your audience and to the times. Now's not the time to try to reclaim the words that Mark Twain and others would like to use for more complex effect. Black people may be doing that to a primarily black audience. Someone like Larry Wilmore tried it in front of a national audience with Obama, to mixed results. It doesn't read well to the audience you have here, and I think it's incumbent on us, your readers to point out that it feels like an abuse of free speech and to discourage you from using it in this context.
    Peter / podfish, Look: I rather like you, in spite of our differences. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same about Steve Finell, Esq. You are, to borrow one of your phrases, ‘less pugnacious’ than he. You are also, upon occasion poetic, and have a way with words. I like your use of the phrase “tone deaf to the audience and the times.”

That may be true. –But then again, I don’t go out of my way to be p.c. – or to adhere to the current racial etiquette requirements of BLM. I earned the right to speak of myself as an “old field negro” from Lumakanda Kovaluku, long term member of the Brain Trust of the Black Panther Party of Oakland. I spoke those words shortly after we met, and he got a good chuckle out of it.

Thanks for the honorable mention of Mark Twain; one of my literary heroes. But I have to say that I disagree with your analysis, & I stand by the use of my own metaphor. This Department - that Barry set up in order to quarantine “Conspiracy Theories” about Corona-virus - is a Ghetto.

I protested when Barry severed it from the other Corona-virus Ward, and I protested again when he moved Nobel Laureate Dr. Luc Montagnier, Dr. Francis Boyle, and Robert Kennedy, Jr., here, one by one. None of those illustrious notables should be categorized as “Conspiracy Theorists” and it is a crime against Humanity – and the West County - that those men should be put into this Ghetto at a time like this, by Barry Chertov.

A word in my own defense: I am not now, nor have I ever been a “racist". Back in ‘64, at the age of fourteen, I spent the Summer working with several of my friends at the “No on 14” campaign headquarters on lower Telegraph Avenue in Oakland. Had I been seventeen or eighteen years old, I would have been in Mississippi that Summer. I really wanted to go. Mom wouldn’t let me; said it was “too dangerous”. She was right.

Proposition 14 was a gambit floated by the California Realtors Association that would have allowed the prospective sellers of houses to discriminate racially with regards to prospective buyers of their houses. My friends and I were adamantly against Prop 14. We didn’t give a hoot about Johnson vs. Goldwater, but racial justice mattered very much to us.

Furthermore, I suggest to you, Peter / podfish, that the reason why my metaphor & black-sprecken does not sit well with you-all is because of the implications: Y’all want to see yourself as “liberals” and the suggestion that, in reality, you may have slipped unconsciously into bigotry is rankling.

Aha. I am reminded of Ivan Illich - and how things tend to move toward their anti-thesis. We all have to be aware of that drift, Peter.

38. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

39. TopTop #355
    Goat Rock Ukulele

Most of these conspiracies are cooked up by QAnon, other right wing groups and Russian trolls. When you go all way down these rabbit holes you find Trump portrayed the hero fighting against a deep state cabal and medical madmen who want to infect, inject and put chips under your skin. A dark and sick way to try to get votes from the naive. Akin to the Clinton pedophile ring in the pizza parlor basement. They will try to tie Joe Biden to all this garbage, just watch.

They paint Bill Gates a monster. They never say anything about Melinda. Why is she not the empress of evil. They are sexist in their mad theories.

Bill and Melinda Gates, The Clinton Foundation and Warren Buffet from an actual reputable source, The Guardian.

How Bill and Melinda Gates helped save 122m lives – and what they want to solve next
    Last edited by Barry; 06-30-2020 at 09:10 AM.

40. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

41. TopTop #356
    Jude Iam

Michael,

I'm interested in knowing if you've ever read anything which chronicles false flag operations?
    political assassinations? covert operations?
    if not are you willing to?

are you intellectually open to investigation rather than dismissal?

what you don't know is evident to those of us who have spent time in this realm. your further education remains up to you.
    to go from belief in the surface stories to the back stories requires intelligence and openness and discernment and persistence. what is to be found is not dismissible. it offers actual understanding of world events, differing from mainstream narrative and history books. it requires living in a less comfortable world, where the highest authorities are understood to be sometimes highly flawed, corruptible and evil. this is a far less comfortable world in which to live, nonetheless the more realistic one.

rather than offering you links and resources, I would suggest you do research yourself, if you actually take on this challenge. and let me/us know what you find.

Jude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Goat Rock Ukulele: View Post
    Most of these conspiracies are cooked up by QAnon, ...

42. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

43. TopTop #357
    Mayacaman

Most of these conspiracies are cooked up by QAnon,...

Goat Rock Ukelele / Michael. "Most of these conspiracy theories are cooked up by QAnon, other right wing groups and Russian trolls...." Sorry, but you are mistaken. While I can only speak for myself, I beg to differ. Now, if you will go back and actually Read the Lesson I posted @ #308 on this same thread,

you may - depending on how intently you pursue the Course - learn a few things about how to "Analyze" =AND= "The-o-rize" (thē′ə-rīz). It is very important that one learn how to do this oneself. It does credit to one's own stature as an adult - and it is also a good exercise of the old grey matter. Let me tell you, Michael: this one ( i ) am not a member of QAnon, or a follower of DJT by any means. In point of fact, in spite of my faith in Jesus Christ, I am probably closer to the True Vine of Old Left (paleo-progressive) Ideology than 98% of the folks who frequent this forum.

-Nor do I follow any of the famous "conspiracy theorists" like Alex Jones & David Ickes. I tend to stay as far away from their influence as I possibly can. "QAnon" is a big Psy-Op - probably the most complex psy-op that ever came down the pike. In point of fact, I am probably no less allergic to those sorts of "conspiracy theories" than you are, Goat Rock Michael. The malevolent influence of professional "conspiracy theorists" is one of the main reasons [not the only reason] why I loathe the term and find it so toxic.

What I have shown in the Lesson @ #308 is how anyone {with a brain, that is} may glean conclusions from Data that is derived from the Main Stream Media itself - Conclusions that lead to Questions that in turn lead to further Research. That is what thinking people do.

Let's be honest - and realistic. There is legitimacy in the "systems analysis" approach to analyzing social & economic institutions favored by
    likes of Noam Chomsky & MIT; and there is also such a thing as "Corporate Malfeasance". I'd prefer to call it that than to call it "Conspiracy."

-And Dr. Anthony Fauci, William Gates the Third, the C.D.C. & the whole damned Pharmaceutical / Industrial Complex are guilty of "Corporate Malfeasance". -Big Time.

44. TopTop #358
    amayon

-Nor do I follow any of the famous "conspiracy theorists" like Alex Jones & David Ickes. I tend to stay as far away from their influence as I possibly can. "QAnon" is a big Psy-Op - probably the most complex psy-op that ever came down the pike. In point of fact, I am probably no less allergic to those sorts of "conspiracy theories" than you are, Goat Rock Michael. The malevolent influence of professional "conspiracy theorists" is one of the main reasons [not the only reason] why I loathe the term and find it so toxic....

Wondering if you can expand on the "malevolent influence" of Jones, Icke, etc.
    Last edited by Barry; 06-30-2020 at 09:11 AM.

45. Gratitude expressed by:

46. TopTop #359
    rossmen

Omg! All along i thought you are pink skinned like me! My racial privilege lets me read less closely. You are the ruler of berrys wacko ghetto. Once again my racism is revealed to me.

Peter / podfish, Look: I rather like you, in spite of our differences. Unfortunately,...
    Last edited by Barry; 06-30-2020 at 09:12 AM.

47. TopTop #360
    Mayacaman

Bill and Melinda Gates, The Clinton Foundation and Warren Buffet from an actual reputable source, The Guardian.

How Bill and Melinda Gates helped save 122m lives – and what they want to solve next

By the way, Goat Rock Ukelele / Michael, The Guardian is underwritten by The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Fact. You can look it up. I did, since you mentioned the publication as "an actual reputable source." Well, it was, once. But during the last ten years - Bill Gates' "Decade of Vaccines" - the Man has bought up a lot of the Media. He can, after all, afford to do so - and he has done so...

Here is what an article in Fairness and Accuracy In Reporting ( FAIR ) has to say (in part) about the Gates Foundation / Guardian relationship. -From September 4, 2016 :

"The Guardian claims its Global Development vertical, launched in 2011, is “editorially independent of any sponsorship.” According to its most recent tax filings in 2014, the Gates Foundation has an on-going $5.69 million grant to Guardian News Media Limited.

The Guardian has run other puff pieces on the Gates Foundation in this vertical, such as “Gates Foundation Annual Letter: What Do You Think of Their Vision?” (1/22/15), which is basically an investment letter, along with “Melinda Gates Hits Out at ‘War on Women’ on Eve of Summit” (7/7/12) and “Bill Gates: Digital Learning Will Revolutionize Education in Global South” (1/22/15).

FAIR has written for years about how Gates’ investment tentacles influence the media. He’s done softball interviews pushing common core with ABC (3/18/14), helped bankroll charter school reporting at the LA Times (8/24/15), funded the talking heads behind Race to the Top (9/1/10).

The Gates Foundation gives grants in the hundreds of thousands and often millions to such media organizations as NBCUniversal, Al Jazeera, BBC, Viacom (CBS) and Participant Media (the producer of pro-charter school documentary Waiting for Superman). Both Gates and the Gates Foundation are sizable shareholders in Comcast, which is the primary investor in Buzzfeed and Vox, as well the parent corporation of MSNBC and NBC News–the latter of which teamed up with Gates and other noted education experts like Exxon and University of Phoenix Online for the week-long charter school commercial “Education Week”.

In 2009, the New York Times reported that the Gates Foundation was partnering with media companies to write and shape stories to “embed” messages in primetime dramas:

It is less well known as a behind-the-scenes influencer of public attitudes toward these issues by helping to shape story lines and insert messages into popular entertainment like the television shows
    ER, Law & Order: SVU and Private Practice. The foundation’s messages on HIV prevention, surgical safety and the spread of infectious diseases have found their way into these shows.

The Times report was solely in the context of Gates’ health initiatives; it’s not clear if the foundation also co-produced TV shows to advance its school privatization agenda.

FAIR reached out to the writer of the piece, Nadene Ghouri, asking why she did not disclose the glaring conflict of interest. At the time of publication, Ghouri has not returned our request for comment.

His enormous wealth and the reach of media parent corporations seem to exempt Gates from routine disclosure requirements. He was offered up as an education expert in the pro-charter Waiting for Superman, without any mention of the fact that he donated at least $2 million to the film and had a media partnership with its distributor, Viacom. He is given softball interviews in Comcast-backed Vox without disclosure that he’s a major Comcast investor. Because his stake in media companies is laundered enough times, it’s assumed not to merit mention.

In the case of the Guardian, Gates effectively owns an entire vertical, so when one of his investments is written up, one doesn’t notice the conflict of interest—like a fish doesn’t notice water. Because his influence is everywhere, it appears to be nowhere.

[ Source ]

= MORE =

Study up.

Keep hitting the
    "More Results" Bar
    @ the foot of the page.

48. Gratitude expressed by 3 members: