Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Thinking of others while shopping

I'll say it- I've been kinda pissed off by the panic buying/hoarding of many goods I'm witnessing. People- especially those who can afford to buy for more than a few days snapping up huge quantities of goods- leaving little for others...

The other day I saw a post from Whitebird Clinic up in Eugene ( great clinic and community resource spawned from 60's) urging people to pay attention to WIC symbols at chain grocery stores. I don't know a lot about it... but I guess there are items and brands that are available to people using WIC... and if they are sold out, they can't just switch to another brand or alternative product.

And, I was talking about this with a friend in OR today and they pointed out that for many receiving assistance - which now includes a huge number of new people, their benefits come through certain days of the month. (I don't know when, and haven't had time to research- if anyone knows about CA please post).

But, I guess my point is- it sadly seems a LOT of people need to be reminded we are a community. We all need to get by. And, especially in these times- we maybe need to learn more and consider the realities of the most vulnerable in our community,
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members: