Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #31
    Mayacaman

Re: Coronavirus: Alternative Therapies

Quote Posted in reply to the post by kltkwmn~707: View Post
    It would be helpful to tell people what to actually do with the zapper....
    I assume put the copper tubes in water-
    BUT how much, for how long, etc.
    I already make my own colloidal silver so have the necessary items. I happen to have copper as well. Again-
    how much water, what timing does one do....
    From Barry:

Mark has gathered all his information about Colloidal Silver on the thread "
    Electro-therapy & Colloidal Silver-Water"
    Last edited by Barry; 03-25-2020 at 03:19 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #32
    wisewomn

I would say credit goes to the Europeans who discovered the treatment. It was already circulating on the web when Trump got hold of it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    No more batteries for me!!!...

4. TopTop #33
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    I would say credit goes to the Europeans who discovered the treatment. It was already circulating on the web when Trump got hold of it.
    Europeans? I believe it was the French. And you can see how much good it is doing them. Nope, takes a Boss.

5. TopTop #34
    wisewomn

You are referring to Bruce Springsteen? :-)

Certainly you are entitled to your opinions, Cyber, however misguided. If by "boss" you mean someone who is only too ready to take credit for other people's efforts, having made none himself, and you are specifically referring to DJ Trump, then you are correct.

Europeans? I believe it was the French. And you can see how much good it is doing them. Nope, takes a Boss.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

M/M
  7. TopTop #35
    M/M

Hopefully, this virus will allow us to see behind the various curtains that various vested interests hide behind. This is so much bigger than it seems.

For example: Big Pharma wants to put kabosh on the HC protocol. Part of a decades' long and ONGOING battle as to who actually makes medical decisions (Pharma & Insurance versus medical doctors and others):
    Pharmacists Accuse Doctors of Unethical Virus Moves
    https://www.newser.com/story/288607/...-doctors.html?

The main allopathic medical model has been trying to shut down all alternative ways of healing for decades, rather than 'live and let live'... Why? BILLIONS of $$$$ not going into their pockets... yet one can see from above article, their concern is usually couched in concern for public safety.

This quotes Dr. Didier Raoult, one of the world’s top 5 scientists on communicable diseases, who uses HC in France.... Article also has other related info. However, until there is a supply of HC/azith in place that would be accessible to any who need it, I would disagree w/Dr. Raoult's dissing shelter-in-place.
    COVID-19 – The Fight for a (VACCINE) Cure: One Gigantic Western Pharma Rip-Off
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/covid-...ip-off/5707360

Re: Hydrochloroquine and azithromycin protocol in this link: https://www.covidtrial.io/
    I was put off by several things... Direct appeal to public... and recruiting of health care workers as subjects for further study of drug protocol... (prior to late-20th century it was forbidden for pharma to advertise directly to public. https://www.drugwatch.com/news/2012/...mer-marketing/ Good safety reasons for this, but processes for getting new medicines and other healing modalities safely to market seemed ultimately faulty because much good research was being done, but it took on average 10 years to trickle into private medical practices - whether dietary information, a new drug, etc.. - and from there, for benefits to reach general public.

A whole new medical specialty arose - Functional and Integrative Medicine - late 20th century, that helped speed up this process, while also protecting public from Big Pharma fiascos - such as tens of thousands of deaths from Vioxx before it was taken off market, similar w/ Avandia a type 2 diabetes drug, and so many others). F & I Medicine also worked w/body's processes in more natural ways.

Also a turnoff for me, yet another 'off label' use of medication; and the connection of two of the participants w/investments, medical device companies, and Artificial Intelligence, which all tend to drive health care costs upward, and often are not interested in healing... hence, the saying: "The Pharmaceutical industry does NOT create cures, they create customers." See for example: https://medicalmalpractice.levinperc...fective-drugs/

Whereas MD who actually worked w/patients: Didier Raoult, MD, PhD, and created the Rickettsia Unit at Aix-Marseille University made me look further...

So I looked at the study paper:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/186B...IlWSHnGbj/view

In "FIgures don't lie, but liars can figure" department...
    80% of people w/mild disease may have cleared virus on their own. Problem: it is a crap shoot whether one will be in 80% category - or not. Younger people have much better odds; still a risk.

They eliminated 6 people from study saying they 'were lost to followup'.. According to my count, only two people - who withdrew from study - should be in the 'lost to FU' category. One left hospital and one didn't tolerate the med due to nausea; 3 were admitted to ICU and 1 died, which are 4 people the protocol failed... By not being counted, that skews the 'success rate'.. which, I found, despite my pre-judgements, were impressive.

They did include patients from all categories of severity of disease:
    All 36 Pts (those treated w/meds and the control group who received no HC/azith meds) were grouped into 3 categories: Asymptomatic; Upper RI w/rhinitis, pharnygitis, isolated low-grade fever, myalgia; and Lower RI presenting w/symptoms of pneumonia.

15 were male average age 45.1 years 41.7% - may have healed on their own.
    6 had no symptoms 16.7% (though had positive test)

22 had Upper Resp Infection sx 61.1%
    8 had Lower Respiratory Infection sx 22.2% - all in this group had confirmed pneumonia via CT scan

HC-treated were older than controls who got neither med.

6 HC-treated also received 500 mg azithromicin day #1 and 250 mg per day for next 4 days.
    at day 6, 70% of HC-treated were w/out virus - compared w/12.5% in control group.

comparing HC alone versus those treated w/HC and azith...
    at day 6 after enrolled in study 100% treated w/both meds were 'virally cured' (meaning their nasopharyngeal swabs were negative)
    compared w/57.1% treated w/HC only and 12.5% in control group.

Drug effects were significantly higher in those w/symptoms of URI, LRI -- as compared w/asymptomatic pts. (data not given)

Primary endpoint - virus cleared by day #6 post enrollment in study (NOT necessarily day #6 of pts' illness - pts had to be seen at baseline then enrolled - if they met criteria, their initial info was collected, then they began treatment... w/ daily follow up where possible x 14 days.)

I was relieved to see that use of azithromycin was dependent on clinical picture. Seventy percent of our immune system is in our gut; to willy-nilly give antibiotics is like carpet bombing our immune system and to rebuild our microbiome can be a long hard climb. I also learned that the antibiotic was found elsewhere to be effective against viruses (it is made to fight bacteria).

There is some concern about an EKG finding that needs to be looked into further: "Suspected severe Q-T interval prolongation hasn't been established yet, but should be considered."

Based on the above and if it were me, I would opt for this method if I was in severe stage of disease, rather
    than asymptomatic or mild stage.

I was also curious about the Hydrochloroquine medication -- I thought designed for a protozoan illness -- being used successfully in many cases - for a viral illness. So I looked in my herbal Materia Medica for the original source of drug, Chinchona Bark - a gift of first peoples in Peru - to Jesuit missionaries who contracted malaria there in 1600s.

(An aside: many do not know that malaria was also endemic in the Bay Area... and to help counter that - Australia gifted us w/ Eucalyptus trees to help repel mosquitos, the carriers of the disease.)

To my surprise, the Bark is not listed in anti-parasitic section of Materia but in Clear Heat / Drain Fire category of herbs. It is good for all fever, especially high fever, helps w/typhoid, diarrhea, etc.

Chinchona Bark is the source for bitter tonic: quinine water. Bark is not well-tolerated; and the Hydrochloroquine is better tolerated than chloroquine version.

In the other wars behind various curtains, these are thought-provoking articles:
    The Decade of Transformation Is Here: Remaking Health Care
    https://www.opednews.com/articles/Th...00323-687.html

two clashing world views - British and American model - vis a vis debt / freedom from enslavement, etc.
    Malthusian bankers versus anti-Malthusian nationalists and the race to define the new system
    http://canadianpatriot.org/malthusia...he-new-system/

I prefer the Debt Jubilee and other approaches to correct a rapacious economy: 'Repulsive': Outrage as Texas Lieutenant Gov. Says Seniors Willing to Risk Coronavirus Infection to Protect Economy
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...sk-coronavirus

Austerity Has Weakened Our Ability to Fight the COVID-19 Pandemic
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/03...d-19-pandemic/

COVID-19: Re-Prioritizing Our Lives & Our Thinking

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/03/2...-our-thinking/

8. Gratitude expressed by:

9. TopTop #36
    cyberanvil

You are referring to Bruce Springsteen? :-)

Certainly you are entitled to your opinions, Cyber, however misguided. If by "boss" you mean someone who is only too ready to take credit for other people's efforts, having made none himself, and you are specifically referring to DJ Trump, then you are correct.
    Just finished watching the movie Ford v Ferrari. When Ford finally beat Ferrari at Le Mans, Ford II took the credit. That's what happens in the real world. It's called reality.
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand  

10. TopTop #37
    Goat Rock Ukulele

Hydroxychloroquine, a medicine for malaria that President Donald Trump has touted as a treatment for coronavirus, was no more effective than conventional care, a small study found.

The report published by the Journal of Zhejiang University in China showed that patients who got the medicine didn’t fight off the new coronavirus more often than those who did not get the medicine.

The study involved just 30 patients. Of the 15 patients given the malaria drug, 13 tested negative for the coronavirus after a week of treatment. Of the 15 patients who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine, 14 tested negative for the virus.

The results of the study weren’t statistically significant.

Hydroxychloroquine, particularly when given with the antibiotic azithromycin, has received widespread attention following a controversial, small study of about 40 patients hospitalized with Covid-19 in France. In that study, the drug appeared to help clear the virus from the bodies of 26 patients who were given the medication, based on samples taken from nasal swabs. Experts have criticized the design of the study, calling it interesting but far from definitive.

Trump has said several times that he is confident the medicine will work. On Saturday, Vice President Mike Pence also touted the drug at a White House event.

“Doctors can now prescribe chloroquine for that off-label purpose of dealing with the symptoms of coronavirus,” Pence said. “The president’s very optimistic.”

Top scientists, including White House coronavirus task force member Anthony Fauci, have called reports that hydroxychloroquine might work anecdotal, and said they need further study before the pill’s use is encouraged.
    It’s already being given to many hospitalized patients in New York, and larger trials are starting -- part of a broad effort to find anything that might work against the illness.

In the Chinese study, which was conducted by researchers from the department of infection and immunity at the Shanghai Public Health Clinical Center, the 15 patients who didn’t get hydroxychloroquine were treated with conventional care.
    This includes bed rest, oxgen inhalation, and the use of anti-viral drugs recommended in China’s treatment guidelines like lopinavir and ritonavir, and antibiotics when necessary.

One patient treated with hydroxychloroquine progressed to severe disease during the study. Four patients given the medicine developed diarrhea and signs of potential liver damage, compared with three getting conventional treatment.
    The researchers concluded that additional studies using larger numbers of patients are needed to fully investigate the drug’s risks and benefits.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-25-2020 at 03:21 PM.

11. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

12. TopTop #38
    wisewomn

Interesting that you would cite a movie to demonstrate your version of "reality." IMO what you are describing is questionable, condoned (but not inevitable or immutable) human behavior.

Just finished watching the movie Ford v Ferrari. When Ford finally beat Ferrari at Le Mans, Ford II took the credit. That's what happens in the real world. It's called reality.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

M/M
  14. TopTop #39
    cyberanvil

Interesting that you would cite a movie to demonstrate your version of "reality." IMO what you are describing is questionable, condoned (but not inevitable or immutable) human behavior.
    Of course there are a "few" examples supporting your view, but so many more supporting my view.
    Feel free to post examples to support your stance.

15. TopTop #40
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Mayacaman/Mark has gathered all his information about Colloidal Silver and Blood electrification on the thread "Electro-therapy & Colloidal Silver-Water"

The first post of that thread was included in the digest. Subsequent posts will be omitted from the digest but will remain on the website. You can subscribe to that thread to get individual email updates by clicking Gratitude on any of the posts on that thread.

Last edited by Barry; 03-26-2020 at 12:20 PM.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

M/M
  17. TopTop #41
    M/M

New York hospitals treating coronavirus patients with vitamin C

also:
    Business Insider: New York state plans to treat severe coronavirus patients with a 100-year-old blood therapy, which uses the plasma of recovered patients

This has been having success in China. Unlike VERY costly and often dangerous vaccines, ANTIBODIES are excellent. However, do make note of the super careful language that masks what this is: "100-year-old blood therapy", 'so-called "convalescent plasma"', and "not a cure". Antibodies are what make us REALLY immune.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-27-2020 at 11:51 AM.

18. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

19. TopTop #42
    M/M

How Grandmother's gargling remedy could help abate the coronavirus

Dr. Bradley F. Bale and Dr. David J. Vigerust Fri, 27 Mar 2020 00:00 UTC

Quote A certain chemical, hypochlorous acid (HOCL), in the bleach kills pathogens, including ...virus. Cells lining the nose and throat can produce HOCL when they are bathed with chloride. One of the easiest ways to accomplish this exposure is using sodium chloride, better known as salt or saline. The more chloride presented to the cells, the more HOCL they generate.

By cleansing your sinuses and breathing passages with hypertonic saline, you augment the natural killing mechanisms of your immune system. Theoretically, regular daily hypertonic saline nasal irrigation and gargle (HSNIG) could be a proactive step to kill the coronavirus.

In a 2019 study published in the peer-reviewed journal Nature, Ramalingam and his colleagues studied 61 people who had developed a common cold. Interestingly, 31 percent of these colds were caused by one of the common coronaviruses.

Continues here

20. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

21. TopTop #43
    M/M

Wide range of alternative therapies linked here:
    https://saker.community/forum/health/

22. Gratitude expressed by:

23. TopTop #44
    gypsey

I don't know much about this therapy but I do recommend that people follow the World Health Organization's bulletin where they discuss alternative therapies and debunk several. I for one am concerned when people latch on to alternatives if they are not following safe protocols. half a million people died in america in the 1918 pandemic because people fantasized that herbs, kerosene, gargling vinegar and who knows what would save them.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post
    How Grandmother's gargling remedy could help abate the coronavirus

Dr. Bradley F. Bale and Dr. David J. Vigerust Fri, 27 Mar 2020 00:00 UTC

24. Gratitude expressed by:

25. TopTop #45
    cyberanvil

26. Gratitude expressed by:

27. TopTop #46
    M/M

Fear has people do some crazy things... Not all who endorse alternative methods throw reason and sound judgment out the window... Nor do they claim 'cures'...

28. Gratitude expressed by:

29. TopTop #47
    Mayacaman

Gargle Daily

Gargle Daily

I would recommend that everyone stock up on Baking Soda (it keeps you alkaline.) Gargle with a teaspoon of the substance in a glass of filtered, warm water. Add a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to the mixture in the morning; in the evening, a teaspoon of Sea salt. Gargle thoroughly for three minutes, standing up. Do this twice a day. Allow a little of the mixture to get into your lungs.

Buy a bottle of Probiotics to replace the intestinal flora you might accidentally nix when the hydrogen peroxide in the solution gets into your intestines... Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide served the people well during the pandemic known as La Grippe Espagnol in 1918-1919.

My grandmother* survived that one; told me how every Armory and Auditorium in Brooklyn was filled with stricken folks on army cots – she was eighteen at the time - and how she came to when the fever broke, after three days of delirium, and she always swore by Baking Soda.

Ingest a teaspoon of the stuff in a glass of warm water; it keeps you alkaline. Stay as alkaline as you can possibly be. Read up on the benefits of alkalinity. Viruses, Bacteria, & Cancer cells all thrive in a body that is predominantly acidic.

Hydrogen peroxide zaps bacteria –and- viruses. Use it sparingly, and spend the extra money to get “food grade” hydrogen peroxide; it’s the real thing. Mixed with Dr. Bronner’s liquid Soap (ALL-ONE) Hydrogen peroxide (regular grade) also makes the best solution with which to wash your hands (often & thoroughly) during a Plague Year.

While on the Subject of Hygiene, I wish to add that the very best antiseptic that is =also= non-toxic =and= organic is a home-made compound of 1/3 Borax (20 Mule Team) 1/3 Apple Cider -or-
    Red Vinegar & 1/3 Dr. Bronner's – or a similar, Organic liquid soap.

Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand  
    Last edited by Mayacaman; 03-31-2020 at 06:34 PM.

30. Gratitude expressed by:

31. TopTop #48
    M/M

32. Gratitude expressed by:

33. TopTop #49
    M/M

Last edited by Barry; 03-31-2020 at 11:51 AM.

34. TopTop #50
    wisewomn

Just a headsup, M/M:

The Daily Wire is a right wing conservative site started by racist Ben Shapiro. It is known to mix fact with fake news.

sott.net is a highly unreliable source run by people who believe they talk to aliens.

35. Gratitude expressed by:

36. TopTop #51
    M/M

The Daily Wire is a right wing conservative site ...
    Thanks... Sott is very uneven; I'm aware of that. Wasn't aware of Daily Wire. Good to know; however, I always find it most curious when stories are actually being censored. I don't think censorship - of facts - is ever helpful or fair.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-31-2020 at 11:54 AM.

37. TopTop #52
    cyberanvil

The Daily Wire is a right wing conservative site started by racist Ben Shapiro...
    Ahhh! The racist label appears. Documentation?
    Is there anything that isn't racist in the world of the Left?
    Besides the fact that he talks too fast, Ben's radio program is entertaining.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-31-2020 at 11:56 AM.

38. TopTop #53
    wisewomn

Originally Answered: What makes Ben Shapiro racist?

First of all, there’s Shapiro’s complete denial of systemic racism as a problem for black Americans.

Continues here

Ahhh! The racist label appears. Documentation?...

39. Gratitude expressed by:

40. TopTop #54
    cyberanvil

Originally Answered: What makes Ben Shapiro racist?

First of all, there’s Shapiro’s complete denial of systemic racism as a problem for black Americans.

Quora, really? I'm surprised you didn't throw in Xenophobic. But my question to you is, why didn't you post all the Quora responses from the link you posted? I'll save you the trouble.

Ah another ‘Is Ben…?’ question. The American democrats and left wing seem to be working extra shifts to extinguish Ben even before he has had his say in governance.
    The problem is, the left is doing all the wrong things. You cannot take down Ben Shapiro by making loads of people belive he is racist. Not when American blacks, Arabs, Asians and Hispanics are flocking to his speeches to have political exchanges.
    Again, in what way is this question relevant? Does this tell you about his political views? His legal views? How about his social views? At least his views of the economy?
    Right. No, it doesn't. So that should tell you about the validity of questions asking whether Ben is a racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic bigot. Get over it.
    The ones who are against him obviously agree with you. His fans obviously disagree with you. The swing voters won't get swayed while coming across questions like these.
    The left is only propelling Ben into super stardom by attacking him, accusing him and attempting to shut him down.
    Let me repeat - Don't like Ben? Fight him on his turf and win. If you win, he will lose his relevance in public sphere.
    If you can't, obviously he is doing something right or has something you most certainly don't. So yeah.
    Here is a smirking Ben Shapiro if you want to know what he thinks of this question.

41. TopTop #55
    Mayacaman

Ten simple nutrients to boost your immune
    system for maximum protection and immunity

1. Elderberry Syrup

Elderberry Syrup
    has earned its reputation as a potent flu-fighter and works well to boost immunity for other viruses as well. Elderberry is an immune system modulator, increasing the production of cytokines to help the body regulate its response to infections and diseases. The best syrup is the one you make yourself by boiling fresh or organic dried berries and adding local honey to the strained liquid once it has cooled (to preserve the immune boosting enzymes found in the honey). If you choose store bought, make sure the syrup is organic with no artificial sweeteners. Aim for one tablespoon 3 to 6 times daily at the onset of symptoms.

2. Echinacea

Echinacea
    combined with elderberry is a dynamic duo
    . A Czech study of more than 400 people with early flu symptoms found it was more effective than a Tamiflu/placebo combination, with 90 percent of people experiencing symptom relief and shorter duration of the flu. This powerful combination also proved effective against avian influenza virus and other upper respiratory infections. Echinacea has an astringent effect on tissues, which decreases the ability of a virus to infect cells. It also increases the number of macrophages, the immune cells that kill bacteria and clean up dead viruses. Echinacea can be taken as often as every 4 hours in the first few days of infection as tincture, tea, or capsules.

3. Oil of Oregano

Oil of Oregano was studied during the SARS coronavirus outbreak and an in vitro study showed it stopped virus replication within 20 minutes of exposure. While these types of studies alone aren’t considered strong enough scientific evidence alone, oregano has long been known for its antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. It should be noted that oil of oregano is not the same as oregano essential oil. Oregano essential oil has been found to kill the healthy probiotic bacteria in your microbiome, while oil of oregano has not. My recommendation is for oil of oregano, 2 gelcaps twice daily.

4. Olive Leaf Extract

Olive Leaf Extract has been shown in studies to have antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Not only is it antiviral, but also lowers blood pressure, balances blood sugars in diabetics, increases metabolism, and has anti-aging effects on the skin. Olive leaf extract also fights the dangerous E. coli and salmonella found in food poisoning. One teaspoon of tincture 2 to 3 times daily should be taken at the first sign of viral illness. Olive leaf extract is known to work well with oil of oregano.

5. Monolaurin

Monolaurin is a fat found in coconut oil and has strong protective effects for viruses similar to coronavirus. Many viruses, including the Wuhan coronavirus, are enveloped in a protective layer of fat, shielding it from the immune system. Monolaurin dissolves the lipids in this fatty envelope, stripping the virus of its protective layer, allowing it to be destroyed by the immune system. When seeking monolaurin’s immune-supportive properties, it isn’t enough to ingest coconut oil, you must take the more concentrated form. I recommend 1500 milligrams twice daily in capsule form.

Vitamin C

Vitamin C is a potent nutrient with many positive effects to help boost the immune system. It starts outside the cell by strengthening the collagen matrix, which helps limit the damage a virus can do to your tissues. Once inside the cell, vitamin C enters the virus and stimulates a reaction that kills the virus. Not many nutrients can help to strengthen your immunity and repair cells like this vitamin does. I recommend Time-C (a time-released formula) taken as 1 to 2 tablets three times daily to keep vitamin C levels steady all day.

7. Vitamin D

Vitamin D has several studies that back up its effectiveness against the flu and other viruses by decreasing duration and reducing the risk of being infected in the first place. Vitamin D also stimulates your innate immunity to viruses. I recommend doses up to 5000 IU to support your immune system during viral
    outbreaks.

8. Iodine

Iodine was shown in 1905 to be effective against tuberculosis, and was used almost a century ago in aerosol form to protect classrooms against influenza. According to Dr. David Brownstein, “There is no bacteria, virus, parasite or fungus that is known to be resistant to iodine.” It can be taken in liquid form as Lugol’s solution, or in pill form as Iodoral. Aim for up to 12.5 milligrams of intake per day at the onset of symptoms.

Magnesium

Magnesium is a powerful immune-boosting ally. As I touched on briefly, its use extends beyond the ICU and into your home. Magnesium is in high demand in your body when you are under any kind of stress, including the physical strain of illness. Magnesium chloride, which can be applied topically either as a bath salt or made into a gel, is especially helpful because our bodies are able to tolerate higher doses. The gel is made simply by adding small amounts of water to the salts until liquified. Apply a few grams every few hours when symptoms start to help decrease duration and severity. It is important to note that your diet should be free from processed sugar while ill, because it takes more than 50 molecules of magnesium to process only one molecule of sugar.

Selenium

Selenium deficiency in the body could allow an otherwise benign virus to mutate and cause serious damage. This is because there are selenium dependent proteins in your immune system that keep viruses under control. When you don’t have enough selenium to make adequate levels of these proteins, your body doesn’t have the support it needs and viruses could be allowed to run rampant. It only takes 100 to 200 micrograms of this powerful antioxidant mineral daily to keep levels optimal.

Last edited by Mayacaman; 04-01-2020 at 06:05 PM.

42. TopTop #56
    podfish

Quora, really? I'm surprised you didn't throw in Xenophobic. But my question to you is, why didn't you post all the Quora responses from the link you posted?

The problem is, the left is doing all the wrong things. You cannot take down Ben Shapiro by making loads of people belive he is racist. Not when American blacks, Arabs, Asians and Hispanics are flocking to his speeches to have political exchanges.
    Again, in what way is this question relevant? Does this tell you about his political views? His legal views? How about his social views? At least his views of the economy?
    Right. No, it doesn't. So that should tell you about the validity of questions asking whether Ben is a racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic bigot. Get over it.
    sure, I wouldn't choose Quora as a ref in this type of debate either. Partly because of what you were just able to do - find some other idiot who says what you were looking for. But let's look at the content, and decide whether it's credible. The anti-Shapiro claims are simple and factual. Not 'opinions' but thing he's actually stated and doesn't disavow. Shapiro wishes you wouldn't draw the same conclusions from those facts, but, he doesn't deny the claims themselves. Now to your 'rebuttal' quotes: again, ignoring evidence he's racist but treating it as an opinion, implying it's a matter of belief rather than of judgment based on his actions and statements. Then he throws in a variation of "I have black friends". Finally, a redirection. Who cares if he's racist, if you like his views? Well, sorry, but that's the plague of the right these days. They're lying down with dogs, coming up with lots of fleas and pretending that doesn't matter. If Attila the Hun gave them judges, they'd open the doors for him too.

43. Gratitude expressed by:

44. TopTop #57
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish:

But let's look at the content, and decide whether it's credible. The anti-Shapiro claims are simple and factual. Not 'opinions' but thing he's actually stated and doesn't disavow. Shapiro wishes you wouldn't draw the same conclusions from those facts, but, he doesn't deny the claims themselves. Now to your 'rebuttal' quotes: again, ignoring evidence he's racist but treating it as an opinion, implying it's a matter of belief rather than of judgment based on his actions and statements. Then he throws in a variation of "I have black friends". Finally, a redirection. Who cares if he's racist, if you like his views? Well, sorry, but that's the plague of the right these days. They're lying down with dogs, coming up with lots of fleas and pretending that doesn't matter. If Attila the Hun gave them judges, they'd open the doors for him too.
    Opinions are like butts, everyone has one.

45. TopTop #58
    gypsey

the photo of little children circa 1918 who are about to be among the more than 500,000 americans who died because they thought gargling would help them is indeed telling. People, there are no miracles here and to disseminate falsehoods is beyond irresponsible. We've progressed however in the last 100 years and updates are available from WHO, the CDC and other credible sites.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post
    Gargle Daily

I would recommend that everyone stock up on Baking Soda (it keeps you alkaline.) ...
    Last edited by Barry; 04-01-2020 at 02:37 PM.

46. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

47. TopTop #59
    Mayacaman

does baking soda kill viruses?

(Keep Hitting the "More Results" Bar
    @ the foot of the page.)

Read...

Study...

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    the photo of little children circa 1918 who are about to be among the more than 500,000 americans who died because they thought gargling would help them is indeed telling. People, there are no miracles here and to disseminate falsehoods is beyond irresponsible.

48. TopTop #60
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    the photo of little children circa 1918 who are about to be among the more than 500,000 americans who died because they thought gargling would help them is indeed telling. People, there are no miracles here and to disseminate falsehoods is beyond irresponsible. We've progressed however in the last 100 years and updates are available from WHO, the CDC and other credible sites.

We are obviously are no longer in the Age of Enlightenment.

During the 1918 flu pandemic, a group of English villagers noticed that workers who were exposed to noxious gases saw lower rates of influenza. Because of the correlation, many parents took their children to the nearest industrial plant instead of to the doctor. One sanitary officer decided to investigate the claim. He found that the general rate of influenza was 40 percent. At a local tin factory where workers were exposed to nitric acid, it was just 11 percent. If those workers also inhaled gunpowder, the rate was a mere five percent, writes Dr. Jeremy Brown in his book Influenza. We know now that a correlation can never prove cause and effect, and that inhaling toxic chemical fumes is not a remedy for anything.

https://www.rd.com/culture/crazy-old-time-flu-remedies/