Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #61
    M/M

Re: Coronavirus: Alternative Therapies

Last edited by Barry; 04-02-2020 at 10:19 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #62
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by gypsey: View Post
    the photo of little children circa 1918 who are about to be among the more than 500,000 americans who died because they thought gargling would help them is indeed telling. People, there are no miracles here and to disseminate falsehoods is beyond irresponsible. We've progressed however in the last 100 years and updates are available from WHO, the CDC and other credible sites.

"...the CDC and other credible sites."

Just who & what is the CDC? Well, Wikipedia, Barry's favorite institutional go-to fact-check site has this to say about the CDC:

See also: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention timeline

CDC headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, as seen from Emory University

The Communicable Disease Center was founded July 1, 1946, as the successor to the World War II Malaria Control in War Areas program[5] of the Office of National Defense Malaria Control Activities.[6]

Preceding its founding, organizations with global influence in malaria control were the Malaria Commission of the League of Nations and the Rockefeller Foundation.[7] The Rockefeller Foundation greatly supported malaria control,[7] sought to have the governments take over some of its efforts, and collaborated with the agency.[8]

The new agency was a branch of the U.S. Public Health Service and Atlanta was chosen as the location because malaria was endemic in the Southern United States.[9] The agency changed names (see infobox on top) before adopting the name Communicable Disease Center in 1946. Offices were located on the sixth floor of the Volunteer Building on Peachtree Street.

With a budget at the time of about $1 million, 59 percent of its personnel were engaged in mosquito abatement and habitat control with the objective of control and eradication of malaria in the United States[10] (see National Malaria Eradication Program).

Among its 369 employees, the main jobs at CDC were originally entomology and engineering. In CDC's initial years, more than six and a half million homes were sprayed, mostly with DDT. In 1946, there were only seven medical officers on duty and an early organization chart was drawn, somewhat fancifully, in the shape of a mosquito. Under Joseph Walter Mountin, the CDC continued to advocate for public health issues and pushed to extend its responsibilities to many other communicable diseases.[11]

In 1947, the CDC made a token payment of $10 to Emory University for 15 acres (61,000 m2) of land on Clifton Road in DeKalb County, still the home of CDC headquarters as of 2019. CDC employees collected the money to make the purchase. The benefactor behind the "gift" was Robert W. Woodruff, chairman of the board of The Coca-Cola Company. Woodruff had a long-time interest in malaria control, which had been a problem in areas where he went hunting. The same year, the PHS transferred its San Francisco based plague laboratory into the CDC as the Epidemiology Division, and a new Veterinary Diseases Division was established.[5] An Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) was established in 1951, originally due to biological warfare concerns arising from the Korean War; it evolved into two-year postgraduate training program in epidemiology, and a prototype for Field Epidemiology Training Programs (FETP), now[when?] found in numerous countries, reflecting CDC's influence in promoting this model internationally.[12]

[ emphasis mine ]

Others, perhaps a little less charitable about
    the CDC, have this to say about the Entity:

Robert F Kennedy Jr: the CDC Is a Vaccine Company

The CDC is in bed with Big Pharma - Personal Liberty®

Is the CDC America's "Medical Deep State"?

CDC Whistleblower and Corruption - A Voice for Choice

Science for Sale: How the US Government Uses Powerful Corporations
    and Leading Universities to Support Government Policies,
    Silence Top Scientists, Jeopardize Our Health, and Protect
    Corporate Profits

CDC And CIA: A Close And Sick Relationship

CDC Exposed

icing on the cake:

Rockefeller, the Chemical Industry and the FDA
    Last edited by Barry; 04-04-2020 at 11:32 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

5. TopTop #63
    M/M

SUPER IMPORTANT and GOOD: Mayo Clinic expects COVID-19 antibody test to be ready Monday

All Things Considered: Mayo Clinic expects COVID-19 antibody test to be ready Monday

NOTE: Be aware that there is an agenda that is opposed to this - i.e. CDC (vaccine central) - people who are invested ($$$$, as well as otherwise) in mandatory vaccinations. Do watch for stories here and there in media stating, for example, there is NO immunity, that the disease can recur in humans, etc.

Fortunately, those with other agendas -- who want people back-to-work asap and have been downplaying need for sheltering-in-place whether from denial of science, greed, terror of total police state lockdown and loss of our inalienable rights, or other reasons -- may favor the antibody therapy!!! So that may work to the good of all. We'll see how 'available' tests are.

Being able to treat people with actual antibodies to this disease beats vaccines by 1000s of miles.. and hopefully will not have the crud they put in vaccines these days -- to make people dumb and sick (such aluminum, mercury, et cetera... )
    Last edited by Barry; 04-04-2020 at 11:36 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

7. TopTop #64
    patnicholson
    Supporting Member

Would this really be considered an alternative therapy?

if you agree that hand-washing reduces the spread of the virus, then why isn't face washing included?

If , as it seems now, that the virus is airborne wouldn't it be possible for it to be landing on all kinds of surfaces including faces? Wouldn't this practice reduce the amount of virus ? Wouldn't washing out your nose(w/soap and water) at least reduce the amount of virus you were exposed to?

if indeed something so simple could provide anti-vital support, why hasn't this practice been encouraged?
    ( sounds of crickets, sitting on hands emoji)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post

8. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

9. TopTop #65
    cyberanvil

SUPER IMPORTANT and GOOD: Mayo Clinic expects COVID-19 antibody test to be ready Monday ...
    As Dr. Fauci has stated, plasma therapy has been around for ages and only provides short term immunity.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-04-2020 at 11:37 AM.

10. TopTop #66
    patnicholson
    Supporting Member

If I wanted to go into the cough drop( throat lozenge) business , where would I start?

thx, pat

11. TopTop #67
    Mayacaman

12. TopTop #68
    patnicholson
    Supporting Member

More science, ... the more the better, lay it on me brother(!),

i need to to edit a previous email I sent concerning acquiring
    immunity to the virus.

instead of conjecture, this could be an actual fact.:
    if I have already acquired the virus and created antibodies to
    it, I now have immunity. This would be good to know, if I were
    to become either infected or, re-infected that would be the same virus
    I previously had or another version. Re-introduced or a flair-up?

testing, testing, testing

Sunshine, fresh air kills virus.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2020 at 11:35 AM.

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #69
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by patnicholson: View Post
    it, I now have immunity. This would be good to know,....
    there's a big gap between conjecture and 'actual fact'. Apparently there's a high likelihood that you have immunity, if you have antibodies. But everything is subject to change as more data comes in. The answer will not be a binary "yes"/"no" for a long time, and even the more scientific approach of specifying a 'level of confidence' will have a large margin of error for a long time too.

15. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

16. TopTop #70
    Mayacaman

Than you, Pat Nicholson

Truth be told, we need more Science at this point. -Not establishment-endorsed Vaccine-science; but Science, none-the-less. Let's just call it Knowledge : Knowledge of how our bodies function, and how, miraculously, Our own white blood cells have the Wisdom to Create Virus-specific Antibodies that can Devour any alien Virus when it intrudes into our Bios.

But, Again, I would argue against the science that is dangled out to us as our only hope -by the Medical-Industrial Complex- for some distant & far off vaccine, that could be a year-and-a half away. O, they'll probably issue the damned thing sooner or later (it is probably already in the labs).

But they want the Masses to be crying out for deliverance first -not to the Creator-{who is Within Us) but to THEM, Inc., - the Plutocrats who Own the Big Pharmaceutical Corporations. That's the dynamic that this Pandemic/Psy-Op is heading towards. That's the reaction that the Main Stream Media is peddling. That's the reaction that the plutes want.

At this hour, i would suggest (humbly, not as didactic preaching, but as a mere suggestion) that it would be a point of Wisdom to marry Science (for there is much that has become known by humankind within the last five hundred years) and Faith in your own Mind & Heart. -For at this Hour, we need a healthy mixture of Both disciplines.

I'm here to remind you that GOD (masculine) and Wisdom/ Sophia (feminine) are immanent within All of :We humans: and that it is high time to get in touch with Our Creator = the Holy One - Who can give us the Antibodies we need -through the Mysteries of the Spirit that work within Our own blood / and His, mingled as One.

Your friend,

Mark Walter Evans

i need to to edit a previous email I sent concerning acquiring
    immunity to the virus.

it, I now have immunity. This would be good to know, if I were
    to become either infected or, re-infected that would be the same virus
    I previously had or another version. Re-introduced or a flair-up?

testing, testing, testing

Sunshine, fresh air kills virus.
    Last edited by Mayacaman; 04-06-2020 at 10:03 AM.

17. TopTop #71

Perhaps contact the small business (administration?).

There was a free service in SRosa, that I visited sometime ago, with a name something like that.

Seems like they’d be on-line currently.
    Good luck Pat!

If I wanted to go into the cough drop( throat lozenge) business , where would I start?

thx, pat
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2020 at 11:37 AM.

18. Gratitude expressed by:

19. TopTop #72
    cyberanvil

Mark Walter Evans (aka Mayacaman) opines

But, Again, I would argue against the science that is dangled out to us as our only hope -by the Medical-Industrial Complex- for some distant & far off vaccine, that could be a year-and-a half away. O, they'll probably issue the damned thing sooner or later (it is probably already in the labs).
    We will save you Mark, Hold on.

Ready by April
    http:// Ready by Aprilhttps://nypost...officials-say/

20. TopTop #73
    cyberanvil

From what I've read, plasma therapy isn't new. It works, but -----
    The experts view it as a bridge on the way to a vaccine. Immunity doesn't last much more than 90 days.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-06-2020 at 11:40 AM.

21. TopTop #74
    M/M

Revisiting best alternatives for self-care against viral infections
    Back to basics:

Organic Consumers Association: Coronavirus – What Are the Best Alternatives for Self-Care?
    Last edited by Barry; 04-15-2020 at 10:19 AM.

22. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

23. TopTop #75
    cyberanvil

Revisiting best alternatives for self-care against viral infections
    A person can take all the vitamins and other elixirs they want, unless antibodies are present in a body there is no resistance. Staying healthy helps in recovery and that's it.

Yahoo: 'I’m Young, Healthy, And I Exercise Five Times A Week—And COVID-19 Came For Me Anyway'
    Last edited by Barry; 04-15-2020 at 10:20 AM.

24. Gratitude expressed by: