Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Is Warren seeking the VP w/ Bernie?

From multiple reports Warren has been huddling with her advisers and trying to figure out how to move forward. A number of reports seem to suggest she is seeking the VP in exchange for bowing out...

Now, I find this very interesting, because while Warren is arguably the most aligned politically with Sanders, the evidence seems to suggest many of her supporters will not, under any circumstance, vote for Sanders.

I'm not sure if such a move will help Sanders or hurt him. I tend to think the latter.

Personally- I think both would serve better in the Senate, especially since they have helped push the discussion to the left. Hell...maybe Bernie would finally accomplish something in the Senate more meaningful then a post office for VT....
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    cyberanvil

Re: Is Warren seeking the VP w/ Bernie?

Just today, Warren says she has to think about who to endorse a bit longer. I would think she's in a pickle. She has been called the mini Sanders. Philosophically, isn't she closer to him than moderate Biden? I think the choice is to ideologically go with Bernie or look not to nuke her political career and go with establishment Joe. Bernie wimped out and backed Hillary. Will Warren do the same and back Biden? I would bet she goes with the best career choice and goes with Biden.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-06-2020 at 11:53 AM.

4. TopTop #3
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    ... I would bet she goes with the best career choice and goes with Biden.
    I'd agree that she is more likely to go with Biden... though not for the reasons you suggest. She is nothing if not intelligent, pragmatic, and shrewd. And she has already publicly criticized Sanders in the debate as never having been able to pass what he supported, nor stop what he opposed (true).

And yet, for his many faults- Sanders has helped push the discussion left. Backing Biden, with concessions, is likely the best hope to move the party in the direction she would like to see.

That said, I think she's also smart and shrewd enough to wait until after next Tuesday... see if Sanders can win MI or if his campaign is over.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-06-2020 at 11:54 AM.

5. Gratitude expressed by:

6. TopTop #4
    cyberanvil

I'd say that she is calculating, but maybe not so smart. To me, she was somewhat interesting. But when I saw some of her rants about everything being racist. Medical is racist. The schools are racist. On and on and on. She had a whole list of racist labels. And then when I saw her pledge to appoint a 9 year old transgender as final say on cabinet positions. What was she smoking? In the end, her "wokeness" killed her. Bernie doesn't compromise and Warren does. The two are not a fit.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-06-2020 at 11:55 AM.