Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Coronavirus
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Star Man

Coronavirus

Thinking about Coronavirus and the fact that there are cases of infection where the infected person had no known contacts with other infected people. These are being called "community transmission." Also, factoring in the information that dogs have tested positive for the virus. I ask whether the virus can be carried by pets and transmitted to humans. The pets do not get sick. There could be a canine reservoir of unknown size of the virus. There has to be an explanation for how people contract the disease without being in contact with infected people.

Star Man
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Coronavirus

I recently read that some people who have the virus may be asymptomatic for awhile, but are able to transmit it unknowingly either in person or if they've touched something that may be touched by others. I don't know if this is true, since there are contradictory reports.

Here are some sources:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/study-reports-first-case-of-coronavirus-spread-by-asymptomatic-pers

https://www.statnews.com/2020/01/24/coronavirus-infections-no-symptoms-lancet-studies/

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02/paper-non-symptomatic-patient-transmitting-coronavirus-wrong

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Star Man: View Post
    Thinking about Coronavirus and the fact that there are cases of infection where the infected person had no known contacts with other infected people. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 03-01-2020 at 09:35 AM.

3. TopTop #3
    Goat Rock Ukulele

That is theoretically possible but there is no evidence of pets spreading the disease. It is very unlikely. When they say no know contacts with other infected people all that means is you picked up the virus at the store, or the gas station or at a medical center from a sick person thru the air or after touching a surface with virus on it and putting it to your eyes or nose.

Also they have really been pushing this idea that there are people all over the place who are spreading with no symptoms themselves. This is not what MDs on the ground in Wuhan found. Yes you can be contagious 24 to 48 hours before symptoms. But most get sick in that time and know it. The infection may be mild as in a common cold but you know you have something. So asymptomatic carriers all over the place is an exception and not the rule. If there were many asymptomatic carriers China would not have been able to knock down the virus the way they did.

Thinking about Coronavirus and the fact that there are cases of infection where the infected person had no known contacts with other infected people. These are being called "community transmission." Also, factoring in the information that dogs have tested positive for the virus. I ask whether the virus can be carried by pets and transmitted to humans. The pets do not get sick. There could be a canine reservoir of unknown size of the virus. There has to be an explanation for how people contract the disease without being in contact with infected people.

Star Man

4. TopTop #4
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Goat Rock Ukulele: View Post
    That is theoretically possible but there is no evidence of pets spreading the disease. It is very unlikely. When they say no know contacts with other infected people all that means is you picked up the virus at the store, or the gas station or at a medical center from a sick person thru the air or after touching a surface with virus on it.
    Also they have really been pushing this idea that there are people all over the place who are spreading with no symptoms themselves. This is not what MDs on the ground in Wuhan found. Yes you can be contagious 24 to 48 hours before symptoms. But most get sick in that time and know it. The infection may be mild as in a common cold but you know you have something. So asymptomatic carriers all over the place is an exception and not the rule. If there were many asymptomatic carriers China would not have been able to knock down the virus the way they did.
    China was able to use draconian measures not available to western countries.

https://www.businessinsider.com/wuha...re-city-2020-1

5. TopTop #5
    Star Man

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Goat Rock Ukulele: View Post
    That is theoretically possible but there is no evidence of pets spreading the disease. It is very unlikely.
    Thank you Goat Rock for your input. I wrote my comment at a time when far less was known about the transmission of the virus. Recall that in the beginning it was believed to have come from a pangolin. Now I see people are saying it comes from bats. Your comments reflect an understanding of virology and epidemiology. I have now seen statements that dogs do not carry the virus. When I wrote my conjecture that was unknown and one observer suggested dogs could. They can't.

Star Man

6. TopTop #6
    cyberanvil

Who is patient Zero?

Yahoo:The Trail Leading Back to the Wuhan Labs
    Last edited by Barry; 04-04-2020 at 11:58 AM.

7. Gratitude expressed by:

8. TopTop #7
    Star Man

Re: Coronavirus and why is Trump not infected?

Why is Trump so unconcerned for his personal safety in the Coronavirus crisis? He has been exposed numerous times. Why is he not infected? Could it be that on November 18 when he made an unexplained and unscheduled trip to Walter Reed he received a vaccine that was and still is unavailable to the public? Could it be that the billionaires who control America had a vaccine synthesized in their private labs and gave a dose to Trump? What else could explain that Trump is not infected, that he will not wear a mask, that he has been exposed many times, and that he remains uninfected? What else? He doesn't care if we citizens get sick and die, He is hoarding a vaccine that he is denying to us. Yeah. That's it. There's a vaccine for coronavirus and Trump and his inner circle have been vaccinated and We The People will never get inoculated.

Star Man

9. TopTop #8
    cyberanvil

Re: Coronavirus and why is Trump not infected?

The rich and powerful are not like you and I. Been that way since time began. It's reality. Who killed Weinstein? We'll never know.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-05-2020 at 12:25 PM.

10. TopTop #9
    Star Man

...I ask whether the virus can be carried by pets and transmitted to humans. The pets do not get sick. There could be a canine reservoir of unknown size of the virus. ...
    It now appears that pets are NOT a reservoir for Coronavirus. The virus was apparently transmitted from a non-human host, a pangolin, to humans. Another non-human host may have been bats. At one time it was believed that snakes (Asian Krait) could have been a host, but that has been disproven. Pangolins and bats are warm-blooded mammals just like we humans. Star Man
    Last edited by Barry; 04-15-2020 at 11:00 AM.

11. TopTop #10
    Star Man

Christianity in a time of Coronavirus.

It has been fascinating and informative and tragic to watch the church in America in the time of Coronavirus. Wise and talented and intelligent scientists (epidemiologists) have recommended that large gatherings of people be cancelled until the pandemic has abated. Some churches have opposed the scientists and have claimed the First Amendment right to hold ceremonies of masses of people. Twenty-five thousand people have died in America and 125,000 have died world-wide as of this morning. What are the churches celebrating? It would appear they are celebrating death. A minister of a megachurch died of Coronavirus after convening a large gathering. Parishoners have gotten sick. Some have died. It appears that the church is inviting congregants to assemble, get infected and die. These events have raised again for me my belief that Christianity is a death cult.

Christianity IS a death cult. Walk into a church. The central theme is a dead man hanging on a cross. All around are representations of dead people. A man transfixed by arrows. A woman burning at a stake. All dead. The Christians have hung people, burned people, chopped people's heads off. Death cult. The lesson is simple: unless you believe in our resurrection myth we will kill you.
    Star Man

12. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

13. TopTop #11
    cyberanvil

...Christianity IS a death cult. ...
    There are always a few outliers. How can you use the few to paint the whole? Not logical.

Death cult? Have you been threatened lately? Christianity is reformed, unlike Islam.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-15-2020 at 11:01 AM.

14. TopTop #12
    cyberanvil

... The virus was apparently transmitted from a non-human host, a pangolin, to humans. ...
    The virus did not come from handling or eating Pangolins. That was an old theory.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-15-2020 at 11:02 AM.

15. TopTop #13
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    There are always a few outliers. How can you use the few to paint the whole? Not logical.

Death cult? Have you been threatened lately? Christianity is reformed, unlike Islam.
    so, you have a threshold where it's not too few to paint the whole? apparently Islam is on one side of that line, Christianity on the other?

And remember which one uses ritual cannibalism as a central part of its rites. And I say that with affection...

16. TopTop #14
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    so, you have a threshold where it's not too few to paint the whole? apparently Islam is on one side of that line, Christianity on the other?

And remember which one uses ritual cannibalism as a central part of its rites. And I say that with affection...
    Your logic is flawed. Compare Jesus with Muhammad. One was a Martyr and one was a Bandit.

17. TopTop #15
    Star Man

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    Your logic is flawed. Compare Jesus with Muhammad. One was a Martyr and one was a Bandit.
    The idea that Jesus was a martyr originated a century after his death when the nascent church figured out that they could control people by promising them eternal life and by offering them absolution for their sins. It was a masterful example of mind control. You don't know that Jesus was not a bandit. You were not there. The other two guys on Golgotha were indeed thieves. Your logic is flawed. You buy the lie.

Star Eagle