Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #61
    wildinspired
    Supporting Member

Re: Acting Responsibly About Coronavirus-Please Join Me

This is a potent video of Italians talking about what they wish they had known ten days ago. We must take this seriously! I have taken my therapy practice out of my office and am doing it online and I am self isolating at home. It is up to each of us to act!

Last edited by Barry; 03-17-2020 at 11:52 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #62
    mpatterson

Here are excerpts of a newsletter that I put out yesterday with an important clinical update regarding Covid-19. Besides the governmental lockdowns that I'm sure you all know about here is some important information to know. FIRST: The symptom picture has changed. According to the Harvard Health blog as of March 16, 2020, “Some people infected with the virus have no symptoms. When the virus does cause symptoms, common ones include low-grade fever, body aches, coughing, nasal congestion, runny nose, and sore throat. However, COVID-19 can occasionally cause more severe symptoms like high fever, severe cough, and shortness of breath, which often indicates pneumonia”. (1)

Notice that for most the symptoms mimic a common cold. Yes, a cold not the flu!! It is not always a high fever, respiratory distress, and shortness of breath. However, if you feel these symptoms it means that you need to go to your local doctor...or if severe Urgent Care or ER.

Therefore, it’s important that if you have any of the symptoms listed above to quarantine.

They are finding that this virus doesn't always have a fever according to the National Health Commission like many have been told by public health workers. (2)

The incubation period from exposure to symptom onset varies anywhere from 3 days to 13 days. (2) It has been found that many patients who have Coronavirus are the most infectious BEFORE and at the onset of their symptoms. Lastly, "patients who have Covid-19 produced thousands to millions of viruses in their noses and throats, about 1,000 times as much virus as produced in SARS patients...That heavy load of viruses may help explain why the new coronavirus is so infectious". (3)

Thus the high contagiousness and lengthy incubation time have played a huge role in why governments are taking such extreme measures at this time.

Now I invite you to breathe...

For most, this is just a bad cold...

Just because you get it doesn't mean that you will get severely ill...

It is highly contagious and this is why the government is reacting the way that they are.

Remember in the biggest picture you are safe. You are held. You are not alone.

1) https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...e-center#COVID

2) https://www.insurancejournal.com/new.../24/556297.htm

3) https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...-week-symptoms

Sending Blessings of Health!

Dr. Melissa Sophia Joy, ND

4. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

5. TopTop #63
    mpatterson

Now for those interested a higher perspective of what this virus is teaching us...Below are excerpts and a link to my latest blog. This blog asks that questions: How this experience is asking us to look at how we are all part of the unified field of humanity. How it is forcing us to a needed stop to see our common humanity and common illness. Also, how to break free from the matrix. Interested? If so, put on your seatbelt here we go!

"Over the last few days I have sat in meditation connecting to my Higher Self, the Higher Dimensional Helpers, and the Akashic Record and asked the question...what does humanity need to know regarding this illness?

Again and again, I was shown that this pandemic is breaking down our boundaries.

It is breaking down the self-isolating egoic perspective that we are disconnected from our neighbor, those in our country, and those in other parts of the world. We, as individuals and as a collective, are going through a powerful initiation into who we truly are.

This pandemic is not an isolated catastrophe in one area of the world. It is not an earthquake in South America, a raging fire of Australia, or for that matter in our own back yard. A pandemic affects the entire world!

In meditation, I was shown...no I knew, that humanity is truly ONE! Humanity really is a breathing living organism and we are in a unified field. We are intimately intertwined to our beautiful planet, and to one another.

This pandemic is smacking us square in the face with...

To read the complete blog click below:

Coronavirus Part 2: What the Virus is Teaching Us…A Higher Perspective

I hope this higher perspective gives you a lot of food for thought!
    Dr. Melissa Sophia Joy, ND

6. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

7. TopTop #64
    Goat Rock Ukulele

My friend Jeremy suggested when you cough or sneeze grab the front of your shirt at the neck opening and hike it up over the bridge of your nose and sneeze or cough on inside of your shirt. I think that's better than coughing in your elbow which most people don't seem to be able to pull off very well.

8. TopTop #65
    Glia

Eeewwww! Is carrying a handkerchief in your pocket and using it to cover a sneeze really that difficult?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Goat Rock Ukulele: View Post
    My friend Jeremy suggested when you cough or sneeze grab the front of your shirt at the neck opening and hike it up over the bridge of your nose and sneeze or cough on inside of your shirt. I think that's better than coughing in your elbow which most people don't seem to be able to pull off very well.