Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    wildinspired
    Supporting Member

Acting Responsibly About Coronavirus-Please Join Me

Apparently there are still some people working for the CDC. Thankfully. This website posting from them is detailed and simple info about coronavirus that could save lives. Please read and pass this along!

I may be called a bit obsessed about this virus, but I feel to be informed, take precautions and share information is to be a responsible human on this planet at this time! For me, about 30 folks (my clients) come through my office weekly. I give them information about prevention and we substitute hugs for elbow bumps, (which are quite playful and fun). I have a Chinese friend and from what she says, the devastation there is profound. She is locked in a small home with her young son and extended family and uses her time as the main coordinator for online counseling support for those people affected. I choose to join the worldwide effort of caring for our human relations in whatever way I can. Join me please.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...treatment.html
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

3. TopTop #2
    wildinspired
    Supporting Member

Re: Acting Responsibly About Coronavirus-Please Join Me

I do not mean to spread fear. I made my original post to educate others so we can act calmly and responsibly with care and intelligence, while maintaining a positive attitude. I ask that folks don't use this thread to spread fear and panic. Please join me in proactive and smart precautions. Thank you!

4. Gratitude expressed by 7 members:

5. TopTop #3
    jesswolfe

6. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

7. TopTop #4
    wildinspired
    Supporting Member

Thanks so very much Jesswolfe! What a wonderful addition to this thread...taking a deep breath. Really appreciate your participation here. :-)

8. TopTop #5
    jesswolfe

Sonoma County Department of Health:

Information About 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
    Updated: March 2, 2020
    Last edited by Barry; 03-03-2020 at 10:42 AM.

9. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

10. TopTop #6
    jesswolfe

If you want to receive any announcements and updates about our county, including health alerts, sign up here
    Last edited by Barry; 03-03-2020 at 10:44 AM.

11. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

12. TopTop #7
    Goat Rock Ukulele

Vitamin D increases immune response and lowers incidence of several cancers and other diseases. UV light kills viruses rapidly. Sun exposure is of course a thorny issue because it also increases skin cancer risk. Everyone needs to weigh risk. If your eyes are green or blue you skin cancer risk is greater.

it's impossible to find hand sanitizer at this point. You can make your own with aloe vera gel and 90% pure or better isopropyl alcohol. If you have some Everclear around thats even better but they won't sell that here in CA anymore. If you are going to Nevada get me a bottle.

Some good news, Gilead which is headquartered here in Northern CA has an anti viral drug remdesivir that has been shown to be effective in treating SARS and MERS two closely related to this Corona virus. Patient trials are ongoing in China and other countries with preliminary results in a few weeks. A younger patient was given the drug in Washington on a compassionate basis and healed rapidly. That is antidotal of course but hopeful.

There are more than 20 biotech companies working on a vaccine. Moderna also has already produced one that is in testing. Israel has been working on a vaccine for a respiratory disease in chickens. The chicken disease is a corona virus. They will have a vaccine ready for human trials in just a few weeks. Israel's vaccine has already been shown to be effective in chickens. They just need to tweak it a little for this virus. If you start laying eggs don't blame me ;-0

We just need to slow this down till biotech comes to the rescue.

13. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

14. TopTop #8
    Goat Rock Ukulele

South Korea is using drive up testing. They set up a covered table in the hospital parking lot. If you think you got it you drive up and they take your vitals, load the test kit and send you back home to self quarantine. That way they don't need to spend 30 minutes sterilizing an ER room and exposing everyone in the hospital. You have to do stuff like that to get on top of a thing like this.

15. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

16. TopTop #9
    wisewomn

Everclear is illegal in Nevada. Save yourself a trip.

https://www.quora.com/In-what-states...rclear-illegal

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Goat Rock Ukulele: View Post
    ...If you have some Everclear around thats even better but they won't sell that here in CA anymore. If you are going to Nevada get me a bottle....

17. TopTop #10
    Shandi

From an MD on Corona Virus

Below is the most detailed description of the coronavirus I’ve read. James Robb, MD UC San Diego, is a virologist who’s worked with this virus for almost 50 years. COVID-19 has an affinity for pulmonary receptors that is extraordinary. Robb predicts the next 2 weeks will be significant. Newest info at end of his e-mail to his U of California staff & colleagues. Feel free to copy and send to family & friends.

Subject: What I am doing for the upcoming COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic

Dear Colleagues, as some of you may recall, when I was a professor of pathology at the University of California San Diego, I was one of the first molecular virologists in the world to work on coronaviruses (the 1970s). I was the first to demonstrate the number of genes the virus contained. Since then, I have kept up with the coronavirus field and its multiple clinical transfers into the human population (e.g., SARS, MERS), from different animal sources. The current projections for its expansion in the US are only probable, due to continued insufficient worldwide data, but it is most likely to be widespread in the US by mid to late March and April.

Here is what I have done and the precautions that I take and will take. These are the same precautions I currently use during our influenza seasons, except for the mask and gloves:
    1) NO HANDSHAKING! Use a fist bump, slight bow, elbow bump, etc.
    2) Use ONLY your knuckle to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.. Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove.
    3) Open doors with your closed fist or hip - do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door. Especially important on bathroom and post office/commercial doors.
    4) Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
    5) Wash your hands with soap for 10-20 seconds and/or use a greater than 60% alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
    6) Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home's entrances. AND in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can't immediately wash your hands.
    7) If possible, cough or sneeze into a disposable tissue and discard. Use your elbow only if you have to. The clothing on your elbow will contain infectious virus that can be passed on for up to a week or more!

What I have stocked in preparation for the pandemic spread to the US:

1) Latex or nitrile latex disposable gloves for use when going shopping, using the gasoline pump, and all other outside activity when you come in contact with contaminated areas. Note: This virus is spread in large droplets by coughing and sneezing. This means that the air will not infect you! BUT all the surfaces where these droplets land are infectious for about a week on average - everything that is associated with infected people will be contaminated and potentially infectious. The virus is on surfaces and you will not be infected unless your unprotected face is directly coughed or sneezed upon. This virus only has cell receptors for lung cells (it only infects your lungs) The only way for the virus to infect you is through your nose or mouth via your hands or an infected cough or sneeze onto or into your nose or mouth.

2) Stock up now with disposable surgical masks and use them to prevent you from touching your nose and/or mouth (We touch our nose/mouth 90X/day without knowing it!). This is the only way this virus can infect you - it is lung-specific. The mask will not prevent the virus in a direct sneeze from getting into your nose or mouth - it is only to keep you from touching your nose or mouth.

3) Stock up now with hand sanitizers and latex/nitrile gloves (get the appropriate sizes for your family). The hand sanitizers must be alcohol-based and greater than 60% alcohol to be effective.

4) Stock up now with zinc lozenges. These lozenges have been proven to be effective in blocking coronavirus (and most other viruses) from multiplying in your throat and nasopharynx. Use as directed several times each day when you begin to feel ANY "cold-like" symptoms beginning. It is best to lie down and let the lozenge dissolve in the back of your throat and nasopharynx. Cold-Eeze lozenges is one brand available, but there are other brands available.

I, as many others do, hope that this pandemic will be reasonably contained, BUT I personally do not think it will be. Humans have never seen this snake-associated virus before and have no internal defense against it. Tremendous worldwide efforts are being made to understand the molecular and clinical virology of this virus. Unbelievable molecular knowledge about the genomics, structure, and virulence of this virus has already been achieved. BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available. I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us! Jim"
    James Robb, MD

18. Gratitude expressed by 9 members:

19. TopTop #11
    Mayacaman

As far as I can gather, India Ahead News was the first International Media outlet to break the footage from within Wuhan, China. The lockdown of the City of Wuhan occurred on January 23. This Report, filled with cell-phone camera footage from Chinese social media, was aired on February 9th. We are just a few weeks behind this stage in the pandemic. So we still have a small window of time to make a few "responsible" preparations.

I would recommend that everyone stock up on Baking Soda (it keeps you alkaline.) Gargle with a teaspoon of the substance in a glass of filtered, warm water. Add a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide to the mixture in the morning; in the evening, a teaspoon of
    Sea salt. Gargle thoroughly for three minutes, standing up. Do this twice a day. Allow a little of the mixture to get into your lungs. Buy a bottle of Probiotics to replace the intestinal flora you might accidentally nix when the hydrogen peroxide in the solution gets into your intestines...

Also, I have found that this gadget - the colloidal silver generator - which doubles as a "Zapper" {because with its current of 27 volts it "zaps" bacteria & viruses} helps a great deal. Twenty-seven volts of electricity (the sum of the voltage gathered from linking three 9-volt batteries together) is not enough to do the human nervous system any damage; in fact it is beneficial. But 27 volts of direct current circulating though the human body (from the electrical differential between a +plus+ charge & a -negative- charge emanating from a copper pipe held in each hand) terminates parasites within ones' Bios.
    Read up on the benefits & use of the "Zapper"

Read up on the benefits & use of Colloidal Silver Water. Building the gadget does require some expenditure: two rectangular ounces of silver, three 9-volt batteries, two short runs of wire with an alligator clip at both ends (known as "test / lead wires")... But it is well worth the money & the effort, because it can save your life - and the lives of your family and friends...

The "Zapper"
    is essentially the Same gadget as the Colloidal Silver generator - with a five inch section of 3/4" copper pipe @ either end (to grip with each hand) instead of a one ounce silver bar at the end of the alligator clips...

Last edited by Barry; 03-04-2020 at 12:16 PM.

20. Gratitude expressed by:

21. TopTop #12
    Finell
    Supporting Member

PLEASE DO NOT distract people from legitimate, scientifically sound advice concerning the threat of COVID-19 by recommending quack cures such as colloidal silver. There is NO evidence that colloidal silver will protect people against or cure COVID-19 or any other malady. Silver plays no role in human nutrition or health. On the other hand, Dr. Robb is qualified expert on coronaviruses, and his recommendations warrant consideration.

22. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

23. TopTop #13
    jesswolfe

While I don’t use hand sanitizer, I thought it might be good to have it handy so I looked into making my own since it’s pretty much not available. But...

CNN: Don't try to make your own hand sanitizer just because there's a shortage from coronavirus

Just wash your hands. That’s the best way to sanitize your hands and is better than using hand sanitizer. Also I carry gloves in my car in case I’m going to be touching things I don’t want to touch, like filling my car at the gas station. I’ve been doing this for years and rarely get sick.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-05-2020 at 02:22 PM.

24. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

25. TopTop #14
    wildinspired
    Supporting Member

Much appreciate this advice...so true from the articles I am seeing that hand washing is most effective. Interesting and makes sense that sanitizer is used for those without running water. Fear sure gets us going down rabbit holes! I'm actually enjoying taking time to wash up...it's pleasant to slow down a bit right now. :-)
    I just got some gloves too...never have used them before.

26. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

27. TopTop #15
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Finell: View Post
    PLEASE DO NOT distract people from legitimate, scientifically sound advice concerning the threat of COVID-19 by recommending quack cures such as colloidal silver. There is NO evidence that colloidal silver will protect people against or cure COVID-19 or any other malady. Silver plays no role in human nutrition or health. On the other hand, Dr. Robb is qualified expert on coronaviruses, and his recommendations warrant consideration.
    Listen, One and all: Such days of grief and suffering are upon us as most of us have never seen in our little lives, nor ever could imagine. You are free to choose whatever path you will, nor can anyone persuade you, the Individual, to do otherwise.

The words I have posted concerning Colloidal Silver Water =AND= the benefits of running 27 volts of Direct Current through your heart & lungs (via the Hulda Clark “Zapper”) I posted for the benefit of those who have “ears to hear.”

I am very familiar with the way that the A.M.A. and Big Pharma have trashed the reputation of the late Hulda Clark. I am especially familiar with the dark side of the A.M.A. because I saw, from the inside, what membership in that dark entity did to the life-force of my own dear father, who was himself an M.D., and a card-carrying Member of the A.M.A.

The real reason why the A.M.A. & Big Pharma have trashed the reputation of Hulda Clark is because she developed a method to cure Cancer that really works. =AND= Her little gadget, theZapper” is marvelously inexpensive, and easy to build. Twenty-seven volts of D.C. electrocutes all pathogens in the body = All Bacteria, Cancer Cells & Corona Viruses.

The A.M.A. & Big Pharma does not like any of that because they are running a Racket. It is called the “Cancer Industry.” It is a multi-Billion dollar a year Industry.

Last edited by Mayacaman; 03-20-2020 at 09:53 PM.

28. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

29. TopTop #16
    Finell
    Supporting Member

You probably mean well. If you have any scientific evidence to support your claim about colloidal silver, even from anti-establishment sources, please post it here so we can see and analyze it. And please do the same for the alleged benefits of 27 volts of DC current. Since you have no scientific support for your claims, your posts about it are, at best, a distraction for people in a time of great stress.

30. TopTop #17
    Shandi

From Dr. Melissa Sophia Joy:

The Coronavirus…How to Prepare and Respond

Dear Patients, Friends, and Community,

I have recently heard from many patients who were concerned about the Coronavirus and wanted to know how to prepare. I have also seen that some of the blogs out there are not recommending the highest level of supplements and herbs. Therefore, I feel compelled to write this blog to make sure that you…my patients, friends, and community stay safe and prepared.

This blog is both a compilation of data from other trustworthy sites, as well as my own two cents regarding supplements, herbs, lifestyle, and naturopathic recommendations.

Information on the Coronavirus

There is a real concern coming from many about the virulence of the Coronavirus and how to best prepare. After spending considerable time reading about this virus I do believe that it poses enough of a threat to be educated about and prepared for. If we do so, I believe that we can steer clear of it. However, it’s also important to understand that there is a lot of hype and fear out there. Therefore, one of the most important things you can do is don’t give in to the hype and stress also, as much as possible, stay out of fear. (For tips on how to do so scroll down to the Lifestyle Section below).

Because of this, I’d like to begin with a quote from the Washington Post to put this into perspective:

“..If the 21st-century outbreaks like SARS, MERS and Ebola virus are any indication, it is likely American fear of contracting coronavirus — and the xenophobic, racist assumptions that drive it — carries a risk far greater to most people in this country than the virus itself.”

Therefore, my overall recommendation is to stay safe and sane. Education, awareness, and health precautions are the name of the day. If we do this, I believe, that we can steer clear of this virus being the huge pandemic that some predict.

Preparation and What to Know:

Continues Here
    Last edited by Barry; 03-07-2020 at 11:38 AM.

31. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

32. TopTop #18
    M/M

I thought this thread was closed.. Glad to see it isn't....

Being responsible means ability to respond - to do that requires adequate information. I don't think there is any requirement that one MUST agree w/suggestions put forth in this thread; however, I think it is irresponsible to summarily dismiss - via OPINION - rather than from KNOWING - what we do not know about and say it is, therefore, quackery.

There is plenty of information available - pro and con - re: colloidal silver et al, if one cares to look w/an open mind and a healthy dose of curiosity and skepticism, to decide for oneself what makes sense.

re: looking to the past re: another viral pandemic:
    In some ways, being exposed to a new pathogen that no one on planet has immunity to, is akin to our past - before antibiotics, antivirals, et cetera were available.

Many have done extensive retrospective studies of the 1918 influenza epidemic, which killed millions around the world, to try to learn from it. Unlike typical flus and possibly this current virus as well, 1918 variety killed people in their prime. E.g. in New York City, 50% of people in their prime died. Mortality rates were lower in countryside (likely because they had higher vitamin D levels). There were also fewer deaths for those in military camps as soldiers’ basic training was often done outdoors in the sun (also higher D levels).

That influenza was before the age of antibiotics, Vitamin D wasn't even known about then (but could be surmised in retrospective studies due to several factors), yet historical record was recent enough that researchers wouldn't confuse influenza virus w/other pandemics that also affected lungs.

For those who looked only at the organism itself, 3 things seemed to help the majority of people to survive: bed rest, staying home for a FULL week*, and good nursing care. (*our immune systems produce cytokine storms to fight a particular organism, in addition to creating billions of antibodies. The cytokine storms generally come in waves over a 6-day period. Many people feel better during the lull between storms, and return to work before body has finished its work. This generally risks complications - not to mention person is still able to pass virus on.)

Others who looked, not only at organisms, but their hosts (those who had the disease) found that other factors, including herbs, helped people survive proportionately better. E.g. a factory in Philadelphia provided free-of-charge an herbal tincture to all their workers based on an Eclectic physician's recommendation. Workers were to take 3 - 4 doses per day. Doctor followed the workers. No worker in that factory got the flu when flu swept through the city.

Many of the methods Macayaman mention from historical record have validity.. I believe they were offered in the spirit of caring and may help (not cure) - if people want to try them.

In our polarized century, so much information is getting pruned from the internet and people are being marginalized by 'group think', etc... For example, try to search for information re: Vitamin D Council; or Rockefeller and A.M.A.'s decimation of all forms of medicine, except allopathy. More recently, in the last quarter of the last century and, also, in this century, there have been many attempts at suppression of herbs, homeopathy, vitamins, and so much more....

I think this report by James Corbett graphically outlines the extremes of current polarizations happening around just this virus quite nicely; and his ideas of who may ultimately benefit: "five items on The Powers That Shouldn't Be's wishlist that are being delivered on a silver platter."

The 'Coronavirus Pandemic': Lies, Damned Lies, And Infection Numbers
    https://www.corbettreport.com/corona...n-the-disease/

Another thought-provoking article re: economies and how we treat one another: The Neoliberal Plague
    https://www.counterpunch.org/2020/03...iberal-plague/

33. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

34. TopTop #19
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post
    ...There is plenty of information available - pro and con - re: colloidal silver et al, if one cares to look w/an open mind and a healthy dose of curiosity and skepticism, to decide for oneself what makes sense.
    I'm sorry- but there is not a single article in respectable science supporting the use of colloidal silver. To the contrary- there are many showing it's harms. Yes- there's lots of claims from the "new age" and pseudo science realm... Silver is NOT an essential mineral as some claim, and there is no logical explanation for why this would be a benefit. (Sorry- but this is a sore point for me- I had a good friend who was a "believer" and developed the condition from it that caused them to turn blue/grey and had fatal kidney damage. )

This is NOT a time for folklore and fantasy claims. Some of these magic cure-alls can do real harm. Others provide a false sense of security stopping people from seeking treatment when they need it. And Yes- I say the same thing in the cannabis world- I know far too many doctors/researchers who have lost patients because they believed cannabis would save them and they refused to seek treatments that might have. Another case- Steve Jobs- who thought alternative treatments and a vegan diet could save him. Good odds he'd be alive today if he had gone for scientifically backed treatment for his pancreatic cancer...

edit to add: for ANYTHING dealing with science & medicine- I highly suggest "Google Scholar". It strips out all the internet noise and returns from peer reviewed journals.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-07-2020 at 12:07 PM.

35. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

36. TopTop #20
    M/M

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SonomaPatientsCoop: View Post
    I'm sorry- but there is not a single article in respectable science supporting the use of colloidal silver. ...
    I'm sorry you lost a good friend... and can understand why you would feel strongly. Excess silver over years can cause what you describe - argyria. Some may claim it is essential, I don't believe that is what is being claimed here. It is referenced for its effects on microorganisms.

A teacher once said, poison is in the dose. Dose would include silver quality and size of silver particles.* I've worked in intensive care where patients have open wounds for long periods and small amounts of silver in creams kept them infection free as they healed (Silvadene). I believe this is also used in burn units.

Google Scholar would not be my go-to source for scientific or medical information.

Quote * The difficulties of elimination of silver particles from the body are in direct proportion to particle size....
    Last edited by Barry; 03-07-2020 at 11:44 AM.

37. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

38. TopTop #21
    mpatterson

Hello Everyone,
    I am the naturopathic doctor who wrote the blog post that another person posted. Here is that post in case you haven't seen it:
    The Coronavirus…How to Prepare and Respond

This post has information about the virus itself and preparation recommendations. It also contains information regarding immune supportive and anti-viral supplements, herbs, as well as lifestyle and dietary recommendations.

In this blog I actually do recommend silver as an anti-viral. I want to clarify that silver actually is anti-viral and there is credible research that backs this fact. Here is one research study on the National Institute for Health's website which, among other things, elucidates exactly how it is an anti-viral substance to HIV, one of the hardest to treat and most virulent viruses out there: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2818642/

A
    nd here is a quote from that paper, "Our data suggest that silver nanoparticles exert anti-HIV activity at an early stage of viral replication, most likely as a virucidal agent or as an inhibitor of viral entry".

In this study it suggests that silver effects a virus at the early stage of replication.This is exactly when we want it to be the most effective as a preventative anti-viral agent.

It is also true that taking too much colloidal silver over time can cause silver build up in the body and can cause agryia. This is why I recommend Silvercillan, which is listed in my blog. Silvercillan is a trademarked formulation from Designs for Health it is both an incredibly powerful and non-toxic form of silver, with zero build-up in the body, so it does not cause agryia. Here is a link that states this:
    https://www.pureformulas.com/silverc...or-health.html

Just wanted to throw in my two cents.

May we all stay safe and well!

Blessings,
    Dr. Melissa Sophia Joy, ND
    Last edited by Barry; 03-07-2020 at 11:46 AM.

39. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

40. TopTop #22
    mpatterson

Please see my recent post which gives more detail. However, I just want to make sure that you see that there are many respectable articles on how silver is a powerful and efficacious treatment for viruses. Here is the one I posted in my recent reply. This is from the National Institute for Health (NIH) website: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2818642/
    Here is another one from the NIH: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3826769/

In my work as a naturopathic doctor I am finding that there is fortunately more research going into nutritional supplements and herbal research. Many "folklore" remedies are actually being proven efficacious and scientifically based.

Note: Please see my other reply in regard to Agryia.

Sincerely,
    Dr. Melissa Sophia Joy, ND
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by SonomaPatientsCoop: View Post
    I'm sorry- but there is not a single article in respectable science supporting the use of colloidal silver. To the contrary...
    Last edited by Barry; 03-07-2020 at 11:47 AM.

41. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

42. TopTop #23
    oldbaldman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by wisewomn: View Post
    Everclear is illegal in Nevada. Save yourself a trip.

https://www.quora.com/In-what-states...rclear-illegal
    I bought Everclear at a liquor store in Fernley, Nevada last March. FWIW

43. TopTop #24
    patnicholson
    Supporting Member

For what it"s worth, an Israeli co. is producing a washable face mask that is using colloidal silver to create an antiviral aspect .

Quote Posted in reply to the post by mpatterson: View Post
    Please see my recent post which gives more detail. However, I just want to make sure that you see that there are many respectable articles on how silver is a powerful and efficacious treatment for viruses. ...

44. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

45. TopTop #25
    Glia

Silver and copper both have innate electrical (ionic) properties that do a respectable job of zapping microbes. They have been used for that purpose for a long time. Colloidal soaps and salves do work for external wounds and/or infections. (The Vermont Country Store sells a nice colloidal silver soap and salve, BTW.)

Would a cleaning cloth with silver threads woven into it kill the COVID-19 virus on a surface? There is no solid evidence either way. However, COVID-19 and the flu virus family are just viruses, not anthrax spores. Personally I would use the silvered cleaning cloth or colloidal silver soap before an antibacterial wipe/soap.

Sonoma Patient Coop is correct that silver is not an essential mineral and therefore it cannot be a "supplement" or "nutrient." The same can be said of fluoride, but yet quack pediatricians and dentists continue to tell parents to give their children "fluoride supplement" pills. Quackery and dangerous notions abound in the "traditional" medical profession too.

As far as drinking colloidal silver... I would not do it. Even though the colloidal silver is in nanoparticles, it is a metal and the liver, kidney and digestive system have to deal with it. Those organs do not need an extra burden to contend with.

With respect to Steve Jobs and his pancreatic cancer, he beat the odds once with a transplant surgery. Pancreatic cancer has a very high mortality rate even when discovered early, which it rarely is. There really is no way to know if his diet etc. helped, hurt, or had no effect at all. It likely made him feel better and have better quality of life... which sounds good to me.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by M/M: View Post
    I'm sorry you lost a good friend... and can understand why you would feel strongly. Excess silver over years can cause what you describe - argyria. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 03-08-2020 at 09:26 AM.

46. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

47. TopTop #26
    Goat Rock Ukulele

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    From an MD on Corona Virus
    BUT, there will be NO drugs or vaccines available this year to protect us or limit the infection within us. Only symptomatic support is available. I hope these personal thoughts will be helpful during this potentially catastrophic pandemic. You are welcome to share this email. Good luck to all of us! Jim"
    James Robb, MD
    James,

I believe your last statement about No Drugs or Vaccines this year may be overly pessimistic. I post the following fromSeeking Alpa Gilead is not some quack company, It is a premier hundred billion dollar biotech located in Foster City. on the cutting edge of bioscience.

Why I'm giving a lot of credit to Remdesivir without conclusive proof

I’ve laid out in detail why I’m excited about the chances of Remdesivir proving effective in two prior articles: Gilead: Potential Hedge If Covid-19 Is Taken More Seriously and Gilead Sciences: 5 Reasons Remdesivr Is Likely To Be Effective Against The Wuhan Coronavirus. Note that there's no conclusive proof Remdesivir will work against COVID-19 in humans. But the odds are getting better by the day as more information surfaces:

• Gilead is a virus specialist. For decades they have thrived on their HIV (a Lentivirus) therapy. Remdesivir has been used to treat humans against Ebola (a Filovirus). Remdesivir specifically attacks a part of the virus that's common to all coronaviruses including COVID-19.
    • Bioinformatically, the target of Remdesivir is very similar to that in the SARS coronavirus, 99% similar and 96% identical.
    • Remdesivir has already proven effective in lab tests against a range of coronaviruses.
    • Remdesivir worked against various coronaviruses in mice.
    • Remdesivir has been shown to prevent and cure monkeys (rhesus macaques) afflicted with the MERS coronavirus.
    • Remdesivir worked against even the most divergent coronavirus called Porcine deltacoronavirus.
    • Remdesivir has been proven to work against every coronavirus tested against whether in lab or animals.
    • A U.S. patient and a French COVID-19 patient both recovered after being administered Remdesivir on a compassionate use basis. The French articlewasn't easy to find but it said the following (translated with Google translate): "The 48-year-old patient infected with the new coronavirus and released from the Bordeaux University Hospital on Thursday, after 22 days of hospitalization, was treated with remdesivir, a "promising" antiviral, said his medical team on Friday."
    • It's a promising sign that this patient was treated after 22 days and still recovered. Typically, if you are in the group that gets really sick by that time you're in intensive care. One question with vaccines/therapies like this is how effective they are once you already are sick. Giving a vaccine in a preventive manner is the lowest bar for a treatment to beat. Being administered on a compassionate use basis to patients that are 22 days in and appearing to be effective is a much higher bar. Admittedly, we can't derive conclusions from two patients that seem to have improved (if you know of any documented compassionate use cases please PM me) but it's something. Especially in combination with the commentary from the medical team: "...It is "today in the state of knowledge the most convincing promising candidate for an evaluation," he added, adding that the choice of this drug had been made "collegially at national level, in consultation with WHO ”(World Health Organization)..."
    • CDC officials told the medical team treating the infected man in Washington about Remdesivir after his condition worsened. Meaning both WHO and CDC are currently recommending this as a last resort compassionate use option.
    • Gilead stated it's building up manufacturing capacity. Over the last couple of weeks, it already has coordinated with contract manufacturers to start producing Remdesivir. The company also stopped production of one of its approved products to churn out more of the stuff. This exudes confidence and perhaps also indicates the company expects COVID-19 to spread widely.
    • A Chinese company called BrightGene has started to manufactureRemdesivir as well. BrightGene's share price went up ~70% to a ~$4 billion market cap.
    • Two studies of Remdesivir already are underway in China. Two-thirds of enrolling participants are given the real drug, which is quite unusual.
    • In the U.S. a trial for COVID-19 on humans has started as well.
    • National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow: "Gilead will probably come up with a vaccine faster than most people realize." Kudlow is no expert on vaccines but he is likely to be well informed in a crisis situation, although his political agenda needs to be considered.
    • Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases: "We expect we will see community spread in this country," "It's not so much a question of if this will happen anymore, but rather more a question of exactly when this will happen and how many people in this country will have severe illness." This is not unexpected to me as I've been researching COVID-19 since January 22 but it's definitely unwelcome. Economically Gilead (by my estimate) is most sensitive to spread as opposed to the average price per dose of Remdesivir.
    • Gilead has been granted 3 patents on Remdesivir in China as of today. Another good sign after some earlier patent shenanigans where a Chinese research center applied for a patent.

Even though there's no conclusive proof of efficacy yet I view the above as positive indicators on Remdesivir. It could still bomb, but the odds of success seem vastly higher to me compared to those for random vaccines going into a phase 1 trial. I think there's a 90%-plus chance this gets to market. To me, this is not a horse race at all. But if it were, this is like watching an unknown Secretariat take a couple of training laps ahead of the 1973 Belmont Stakes.
    Last edited by Barry; 03-08-2020 at 09:29 AM.

48. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

49. TopTop #27
    M/M

Regardless of what ultimate numbers are worldwide re: this outbreak, the following is something good to be aware of; there are many similar timeline evaluations as well.

COVID-19 Coronavirus: Time Line and Analysis

As backstory and analog, author looks, first, at the unusual circumstances surrounding the April 2009 H1N1 Swine Flu Pandemic and then proceeds to look at this year's C-virus:

Last edited by Barry; 03-08-2020 at 04:14 PM.

50. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

51. TopTop #28
    Shandi

It's interesting to note that Israel seems to be very progressive in the area of health, being among the first to do extensive research into the benefits of cannabis for many health issues.

" In 2019, Bloomberg’s Global Health Index ranked Israel the tenth healthiest country in the world out of 169, taking into account data from the United Nations, the World Bank and the World Health Organization. Israel was the only Middle-Eastern country to appear in the top 10. Spain was ranked number one, the United States came in at number 35." reposted from General Overview of Health & Medicine in Israel in jewishvirtuallibrary.org

Quote Posted in reply to the post by patnicholson: View Post
    For what it"s worth, an Israeli co. is producing a washable face mask that is using colloidal silver to create an antiviral aspect .

52. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

53. TopTop #29
    Mayacaman

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Finell: View Post
    You probably mean well. If you have any scientific evidence to support your claim about colloidal silver, even from anti-establishment sources, please post it here so we can see and analyze it. And please do the same for the alleged benefits of 27 volts of DC current. Since you have no scientific support for your claims, your posts about it are, at best, a distraction for people in a time of great stress.

Protocol below excerpted from Dr. Beck's Quick Summary:

What are the four easy protocols?

1. Blood Electrification: Microcurrents are known to eliminate all viruses, parasites, fungi, bacteria and pathogens in blood. Disclosed by many revolutionary patents and research over past years, (back to 1890), these breakthroughs were lost or suppressed. The method was rediscovered by Einstein College of Medicine as an AIDS cure in 1990, then silenced. Blood electrification takes 1 to 2 hours daily for about three weeks.
    2. Pulsed Kilogauss Magnetic Fields: Externally applied magnetic resonance of lymph, spleen, kidney & liver helps neutralize germinating, latent and incubating alien invaders blocking re-infection. This quickens disease elimination, restores the immune system and supports detoxification. Permanent magnets, no matter how strong, will not, nor can not, scavenge pathogens with induced back-emf currents. You must have a sharp time-varying magnetic impulse, never just a magnet.
    3. Sliver Colloids: Pennies-per-gallon self-made perfected ionic colloids greatly assist in eliminating all known pathogens and guard against opportunistic infections. This "second immune system" is synergistic with steps 1, 2 and 4.
    4. Drinking Ozonized Water: Provides rapid, safe, totally natural cell oxygenation without free radical damage. Universal detoxification by oxidation of wastes, dead and neutralized pathogens, (all anaerobic) reduces all to H20 + CO2 without colonics, heat, hot tubs, exercise, liver and kidney flushing, herbs or other modalities. A low-cost, ozone generator is fully described.

My Own Testimony:

I built my own Colloidal Silver generator - which doubles as a "Zapper" - back in 1993. I have used it for the last twenty-seven Years. I never turned blue, or got liver damage from using the gadget to make colloidal silver water. Everything in Moderation. I swear by this technology. It has helped to keep me Healthy. It works!

Signed,

Mark Walter Evans

That is why I am putting myself out on a limb for making this post in answer to Steve Finell's Challenge (Above) - And run the risk of being banned from WaccoBB by Barry, who has written me the following:

On Mar 4, 2020, at 20:22, Barry Chertov wrote:

You’ve posted you opinions and suggestions several times and have now defended your positions.

Now’s the time for you to stop on this topic.

Barry

On Mar 4, 2020, at 7:43 PM, Mark Evans wrote:

In other words, Barry, you are saying that anyone may criticize my words,
    but I can not defend my own positions. As I recall, this happened once before
    - at which time I left this Forum

On Mar 4, 2020, at 19:29, Barry Chertov wrote:

That’s enough, Mark.

Please stop posting about it further.

Barry
    Last edited by Mayacaman; 03-09-2020 at 12:06 AM.

54. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

55. TopTop #30
    patnicholson
    Supporting Member

Is there anywhere in the county or the Bay Area where I can be tested? I am at risk for acquiring the virus
    based on the established parameters for who is most at risk.

Do I email Gilead to be included in testing trials?

How can I find ou more about what Gilead is pursuing in terms of testing and a vaccine? Where can I find more info on the paths being pursued to develop the vaccine? More hard science info the better.

thx, pat

56. Gratitude expressed by: