Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Rachael_B

Coronavirus vs. 2020 Election

I read this article and got confused a little bit. What are your thoughts? After all those rumors about the Russians will they allow to go all-online election?
    https://www.wired.com/story/opinion-...e-need-a-plan/
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Goat Rock Ukulele

Re: Coronavirus vs. 2020 Election

There won't be any canceling election. Maybe more votes by mail. A few states it's all by mail. I do believe large rallies will be canceled within the month, perhaps sooner.

We are just now slowly moving toward point of patient contact testing. As number of tests taken go up dramatically so will confirmed cases go up dramatically. Think of it this way. If only 10 percent of COVID-19 require hospitalization and the only patients tested are those in the hospital then there are 10 cases in the community for every one confirmed case reported. But there are even more than that because there were only 200 test kits available for the 430 hospitals in CA. CDC wouldn't let you use them unless patient had been in Wuhan China.

I believe the virus situation favors Biden. I'm not wild about sleepy Joe but he is a decent guy and the Obama administration was competent. They even had a pandemic task force right in the White House, which Trump got rid of. If Biden picks someone like Stacy Abrams It could be a strong ticket. I don't think Sanders can win. I favor Sanders policies but I don't believe he has a chance of bringing a deeply divided country together even if he could win. In Sanders I see George McGovern 2.0 I don't believe a president on the far right or far left is good for this country anyway.
    Quote Posted in reply to the post by Rachael_B: View Post
    I read this article and got confused a little bit. What are your thoughts? After all those rumors about the Russians will they allow to go all-online election?

Wired: Coronavirus May Disrupt the 2020 Election. We Need a Plan
    Last edited by Barry; 03-03-2020 at 11:04 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

3. Gratitude expressed by: