Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Lucky Girl

Miller Oil Co. Sebastopol

Miller (downtown Sebastopol) is once again open for gas purchases. I've been
    supporting them (prices are competitive with folks around the corner) but they
    are NOT getting business. I'm wondering if there is a reason I should NOT be buying my gas there?? Please reply publicly. Thanks.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Larissad

Re: Miller Oil Co. Sebastopol

Just a little note on gas... Citgo Gas is from Venezuela. The gas at 711s is Citgo gas. There is such a 711 on Santa Rosa Ave at Yolanda. It is good to know where the gas comes from.
    Out of curiousity...where does the gas sold at Miller Oil Co. come from? I'm kinda new to the area up here and don't know anything about Miller Oil Co.
    Peace.
    -Larissa

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tacitus:
    I went there consistently when they were open. Earlier this year they closed and I think it had to do with leakage from their underground tanks. Then when they reopened their prices were way high. I'd also heard that Mr Miller died. That's all I know, folks. Without knowing a heck of a lot more about their business, I'd choose them everytime over a corporation. And never Exxon! In fact the cost of buying gas has such far reaching ramifications (like war and hundreds of thousands of people killed, lands despoiled and cities flattened), that it really should be unaffordable. Rant over.

Anyone else?

Dian

3. TopTop #3
    "Mad" Miles

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Larissad:
    Just a little note on gas... Citgo Gas is from Venezuela. The gas at 711s is Citgo gas. -Larissa
    Correction: Citgo gas WAS the gas at 7/11. 7/11 announced a few weeks ago that they were going to stop buying from Citgo.

Here's a link to the story:

https://www.npr.org/templates/story/...toryId=6154806

"Mad" Miles

4. TopTop #4
    Sabrina

Here's what I know: About a week ago Miller Oil said they were offering test only smogs for under $50 (I think $42 or $48 complete) Which is an incredible deal! If I lived in Sebastopol I'd use them all the time for my car sales business for the smogs. I don't know about there gas prices. But for the person who commented on Citgo gas from Venesuela...I heard that ever since the president of Venesuela publicly put Bush in his place, that Citgo is considering contracts for Gas / oil elsewhere...does anyone else know about this?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by tacitus:
    I went there consistently when they were open. Earlier this year they closed and I think it had to do with leakage from their underground tanks. Then when they reopened their prices were way high. I'd also heard that Mr Miller died. That's all I know, folks. Without knowing a heck of a lot more about their business, I'd choose them everytime over a corporation. And never Exxon! In fact the cost of buying gas has such far reaching ramifications (like war and hundreds of thousands of people killed, lands despoiled and cities flattened), that it really should be unaffordable.

Anyone else?

Dian

5. TopTop #5
    kimpeck

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Sabrina:
    Here's what I know: About a week ago Miller Oil said they were offering test only smogs for under $50 (I think $42 or $48 complete) Which is an incredible deal! If I lived in Sebastopol I'd use them all the time for my car sales business for the smogs. I don't know about there gas prices. But for the person who commented on Citgo gas from Venesuela...I heard that ever since the president of Venesuela publicly put Bush in his place, that Citgo is considering contracts for Gas / oil elsewhere...does anyone else know about this?
    Miller Oil Company..

very nice!! I am Brad Squires, the "smog" tech there.. The gas situation was all about the very high price.. last saturday the quote was $2.30 to US!! add a .15 profit and 8% state sales tax and it's $2.53.. We buy our gas on the open market, refineries selling to brokers, then to retail.. we get faxes every morning, they are all with in a few tenths of each other.. If I want to buy 8,800 gallons at $2.30 that means we have to come up with $20,240, about three times a month!! I make more money selling two packs of Salems than I do on twenty gallons of unleaded regular!! Rumor about Mr. Miller dying.. No, He is OK.. was in yesterday morning, gripin' about no "smog" work.. BTW.. The smog check IS $39.75 + $8.25 for the cert.. The state makes about $30,000,000 each year just selling certificates!! I am "test only".. another bit of brilliance from the state.. Cannot adjust or repair, but free advice is worth exactly what you pay for it!!
    I am there 9am to 5:30 pm, monday thru friday, 'till 2 on saturday.. Call 829-5099 for an appointment.. takes 20-30 mins, and you can go to any of the wonderful stores on Main St.. I should git "squeeze" from Rite-Aid for all the poeple that cross the street for that!!

SO..
    Call 829-5099 and make that appoinment!! keep your money in town!!

Peace 'n stuff,

Brad Squires
    Miller Oil Company
    7101 Wilton Ave.
    Sebastopol 95472
    829-5099