Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

Corona virus - financial impact

This virus is serious.
    560 dead, 3,000 cases reported and supply chains broken.
    If you're a financial trader, this is a clear time/place to move investments around and make money.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/05/busin...rus/index.html

Otherwise, keep your immunity as high as possible and avoid unnecessary contamination.
    WASH your hands WITH SOAP.

ADDITIONAL preparedness includes having a couple of weeks food, drinks and water on hand; masks, goggles and first aid supplies, medications, etc.
    Being ready and not needing beats needing and not having.

Be well, be kind, Jude
    Last edited by Jude Iam; 02-07-2020 at 12:51 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: Corona virus - financial impact

Every crisis brings opportunity to some, and disaster to others.

4. TopTop #3
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Yes, this will have a financial impact- whether it will be a blip or something more remains to be seen.

For perspective- the flu...yes the flu- kills, according to the CDC, between 12,00 and 61,000 people a year. And for more perspective- remember SARS and MERS.

Yes, no doubt, some financial traders will take advantage of the panic to try and make money. And regardless of whether this is just another SARS or MERS.... or something more impactful... long term they *will* profit on the panic. Not sure that's a good thing....

We'll see what happens. This has been going on since December...at least. There's a lot of fear. And, in may ways, unprecedented steps being taken here (and elsewhere) to nip this in the bud. Whether these steps cause more harm than good remains to be seen... a classic "damned if you do, damned if you don't situation" I suppose.

To go there... and get political... I will say - despite the likes of SARS and MERS which are both similar, plus Ebola and other outbreaks.... this is the first time since smallpox in the 60's the Federal Government has done quarantines. And IMHO I think this is because we currently have a government that oddly- both thrives on fear and yet lives in fear....

5. TopTop #4
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SonomaPatientsCoop: View Post

To go there... and get political... I will say - despite the likes of SARS and MERS which are both similar, plus Ebola and other outbreaks.... this is the first time since smallpox in the 60's the Federal Government has done quarantines. And IMHO I think this is because we currently have a government that oddly- both thrives on fear and yet lives in fear....
    Although much is still to be learned about the Coronavirus, it seems clear that it has the potential to be worse than all the items you listed. So far it has been learned that it is airborne, can be transmitted by people showing no symptoms and is probably spreading more rapidly in China than they care to admit. Fear? Yes a smart person should be fearful. I'm glad my government seems to be fearful.

6. TopTop #5
    cyberanvil

Coronavirus: First Napa County Case Confirmed
    Buckle up kiddies. Got your masks?

Patch: Coronavirus: First Napa County Case Confirmed
    Last edited by Barry; 02-19-2020 at 12:25 PM.