Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Hugh

A CHRISTMAS KITTY: The Story of Little Clementine - How she was Found

A CHRISTMAS KITTY
    The Story of Little Clementine - And how she was Found!

The experts tell us that a cat not found within two weeks of being lost will most likely never be found. Our little Clementine is the exception.

Clementine is a small orange and black calico cat with four white boots and a white Third Eye in the middle of her forehead. In June 2019, Clementine ran off scared, when we were callously forced to move from our 12-year home on the Banana Belt side of Occidental.

When Clementine didn’t show up, we posted signs all over the neighborhood for weeks, but finally gave Clementine up for lost. Then in December, out of the blue, we got a call from the Tractor Guy, Craig C, our former neighbor across the street. Craig had seen a little calico lurking around his property – but she was too shy, and ran every time he approached her. Several times, we visited the old neighborhood around Craig’s house, and called for Clementine, but never got a response.

Then, just before the Union Hotel Christmas Sing, we decided to try one last time. When Kaye called ‘Kitty,’ back behind Craig’s house, she heard a timid meow from under a pile of debris. Clementine ventured out, moaning with eagerness, and came straight to Kaye for a petting. As I came up, Clem trotted right over to me, and melted into my arms.

Clementine was always a good mouser – so she must have survived for six months on mice and moles. When I first picked her up, she was as light as nest of twigs -- nothing but fur and bones. When we took her back to our present Sebastopol home, she ate voraciously whatever we put in front of her – no longer the finicky kitty we had known before.

Now Clemmie is fat and sleek, yet still a tiny, delicate, agile little kitty cat. She’s over ten years old, but still as playful and affectionate as a kitten. Clementine still likes the out-of-doors, but now she sticks
    close to our front door – and gets extra ravenous when she smells a freshly-opened can of Fancy Feast.

Our little family of Kaye, myself, and Clementine are comfortable in our downtown Sebastopol duplex. But we’re cheek-to-jowl with the neighbors and have no yard whatsoever. All three of us do yearn for natural living -- so if you hear of any nice rentals in a more natural and open section of Sebastopol, or in Occidental or any comparable area, please let us know. Clementine will thank you for it. She still longs for a Cat Nirvana with swarms of scurrying mice and moles to amuse her, as she whiles away her quiet and peaceful days with those she loves most.
    Last edited by Barry; 02-03-2020 at 10:32 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shandi

Re: A CHRISTMAS KITTY: The Story of Little Clementine

Thank you for sharing this with us. I always wonder how cats who've been missing are re-united with their guardians. When I first read that she'd been found, I hoped you would share the details.

I also hope that you've posted in detail about what you would like in a rental, the amount you can afford, and where you'd prefer to live.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email