Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

Financial Tyranny: America Has Become a Pay-to-Play Exercise in Fascism

The totality of the situation is unarguable and dismal. Jude

John Whitehead's Commentary

Financial Tyranny: America Has Become a Pay-to-Play Exercise in Fascism

By John W. Whitehead April 09, 2019
    If you drive a car, I’ll tax the street,
    If you try to sit, I’ll tax your seat.
    If you get too cold I’ll tax the heat,
    If you take a walk, I’ll tax your feet.
    Don’t ask me what I want it for
    If you don’t want to pay some more
    ‘Cause I’m the taxman, yeah, I’m the taxman…
    And you’re working for no one but me.
    — George Harrison, “Taxman”

We’re not living the American Dream. We’re in the grip of a financial nightmare.
    “We the people” have become the new, permanent underclass in America.

We get taxed on how much we earn, taxed on what we eat, taxed on what we buy, taxed on where we go, taxed on what we drive, and taxed on how much is left of our assets when we die, and yet we have no real say in how the government runs, or how our taxpayer funds are used.

Case in point: Lawmakers across the country have been acting as fronts for corporations, sponsoring more than 10,000 model laws written by corporations, industry groups and think tanks such as the American
    Legislative Exchange Council.

Make no mistake: this is fascism disguised as legislative expediency.

As a recent investigative report by USA TODAY, The Arizona Republic and the Center for Public Integrity points out, these copycat bills have been used to “override the will of local voters” and advance the agendas of the corporate state. “Disguised as the work of lawmakers, these so-called ‘model’ bills get copied in one state Capitol after another, quietly advancing the agenda of the people who write them.”

In this way, laws that promise to protect the public “actually bolster the corporate bottom line.”

For example, “The Asbestos Transparency Act didn’t help people exposed to asbestos. It was written by corporations who wanted to make it harder for victims to recoup money. The ‘HOPE Act,’ introduced in nine states, was written by a conservative advocacy group to make it more difficult for people to get food stamps.”
    Talk about Orwellian.

So we have no real say in how the government runs, or how our taxpayer funds are used, but that doesn’t prevent the government from fleecing us at every turn.

Continues here
    Last edited by Barry; 12-23-2019 at 12:45 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Mayacaman

Re: Financial Tyranny: America Has Become a Pay-to-Play Exercise in Fascism

I'm really not into memes - but this one says it all...

Name:  Nascar.png
Views: 158
Size:  546.0 KB

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    cyberanvil

What color would the Soros uniform be?
    Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2019 at 11:48 AM.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Mayacaman

cyberanvil wrote:
    Quote What color would the Soros uniform be?
    Answer: Brown. {Midway between Green and Red.} Brown, for his collusion with the Nazis as a Kapo in the Death Camp during World War Two. Brown, because he is a devious, manipulative, plutocratic shit. I (almost) agree with Michael Savage {Weiner} on this one.

8. TopTop #5
    Jude Iam

I have found NO evidence to support the claim of collusion, nor your other invectives. if you have any, post specifics.
    I only wish that all other extremely wealthy people gave as much away, and for causes as worthy. jude
    Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2019 at 11:48 AM.

9. TopTop #6
    Mayacaman

Jude I am wrote:
    Quote I have found NO evidence to support the claim of collusion, nor your other invectives. if you have any, post specifics.
    I only wish that all other extremely wealthy people gave as much away, and for causes as worthy. jude
    Dear Judith, So you would like a little documentation? Here is the tip of the iceburg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8Id0-Lsyr0

http://www.truthwiki.org/george-soros/

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=perfidy%2C+ben+hecht%2C+george+soros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSyczwuTQfo

As an Hungarian Jewess, Judith, are you aware of the role that Rudolf Kastner played in colluding with the Nazis
    during the Holocaust in 1944 in Hungary? It was all written up in a book by the playwright / screenwriter, Ben Hecht. That book is called "Perfidy." It is very controversial, still. At the time (1944) George Soros was, in comparison to Rudolf Kastner, a small fry and a piker. I'll grant him that.

Soros didn't deceive hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews and lure them to their deaths at Auschwitz by telling them to board the trains because they were going to a nice place in the east called "Kenyermeze." {field of bread.) But he was a collaborator. And he is a plutocrat. And anyone who takes his dirty money or thinks that Soros sincerely stands for anything authentically "progressive" is a fool. That's my adamant & sincere opinion, Judith.

Last edited by Barry; 12-27-2019 at 12:11 PM.

10. TopTop #7
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

11. Gratitude expressed by:

12. TopTop #8
    Mayacaman

Barry and Judith,

I would advise you to open the links that I embedded in my last post. Study to show your selves informed. Perhaps this {deep & wide} pile of journalism (6,760 articles) concerning the Global Shenanigans of George Soros & Co., from Global Research, might serve to persuade you that the man is up to no good:

https://www.globalresearch.ca/search?q=George+Soros&x=7&y=8

Since when has Snopes become the final arbiter & last word in Truth detection? You have arrived at the unenviable situation where you are able to discard and reject every bit of Reality that disturbs the bubble of your comfort zones & preconceived ideas. Can't you think for yourselves? Evidently not. You rely on FactCheck & Snopes to do your thinking for you.

You have become incapable of examining any issue from all of the angles and of all the data. -And that, dear friends, is the only way anyone can get a grip or handle on the parameters of the Real world. Reality transcends the Mundane.

=AND=

Truth Transcends Party Politics

13. Gratitude expressed by:

14. TopTop #9
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Jude Iam: View Post
    I have found NO evidence to support the claim of collusion, nor your other invectives. if you have any, post specifics.
    No harm, no foul, no collusion. Why? "I was only following orders."

15. TopTop #10
    Jude Iam

Dear Mark,
    Not one to dismiss what you say so easily, I had googled and not found basis for your statement - didn't look far enough. I'll read up. Disappointed but always ready to learn and certainly agree
    Reality transcends the Mundane
    =AND=
    Love, Jude
    Last edited by Barry; 12-28-2019 at 11:18 AM.

16. Gratitude expressed by:

17. TopTop #11
    Mayacaman

Judith I am wrote:
    Quote Dear Mark,
    Not one to dismiss what you say so easily, I had googled and not found basis for your statement - didn't look far enough. I'll read up. Disappointed but always ready to learn and certainly agree
    Reality transcends the Mundane
    =AND=
    Love, Jude

Thanks Judith, for the nod. I usually know what I am talking about; otherwise I would not post it. And I do my homework. My positions are eclectic, because Truth does transcend party politics. That realization alone has turned me from being strictly an old Lefty into becoming something of a political Transcendentalist.

18. TopTop #12
    Jude Iam

uuuh, wondering, in retrospect: why did Soros get into this thread? jude

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    What color would the Soros uniform be?
    Last edited by Barry; 12-28-2019 at 11:19 AM.

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #13
    M/M

Along the same lines, Michael Hudson gave an extemporaneous 40-minute talk (rather than his planned talk) after hearing others at an economic conference in Winnipeg Canada.... Michael begins @ 2 minutes in - it is not his smoothest clearest talk, It is a long view, yet is good information to understand today's world:
    Resisting Empire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ture=emb_title

THE Question: Will "The World" Succeed in getting out from under this system of oppression...... Finance capital (Fire, Insurance, Real Estate) - extractive, parasitic, non-productive.

21. Gratitude expressed by:

22. TopTop #14
    Mayacaman

Q.
    What is the actual relationship between Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Donald J. Trump, and George Soros, the Billionaire Sugar-Daddy of the contemporary, so-called "Left" ?

A. Watch the footage in this Video between 2:00 and 4:08...

A Very Interesting Twist...

As they say, "It's all done with smoke & mirrors..."
    Last edited by Barry; 12-30-2019 at 12:53 PM.

23. Gratitude expressed by:

M/M
  24. TopTop #15
    cyberanvil

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post
    Q. What is the actual relationship between Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Donald J. Trump, and George Soros, the Billionaire Sugar-Daddy of the contemporary, so-called "Left" ?...
    Using "unnamed sources" to prove a point doesn't strike me as credible.

25. Gratitude expressed by:

M/M
  26. TopTop #16
    M/M

Yes... and imagine if more and more see behind the curtains as to who is pulling strings.... we will not
    be so polarized and easily manipulated by buzz words... It is not surprising how we became so dis-informed... most of the mainstream media are owned by six corporations, etc...

27. Gratitude expressed by:

28. TopTop #17
    Mayacaman

Mayacaman wrote:
    Q. What is the actual relationship between Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Donald J. Trump, and George Soros, the Billionaire Sugar-Daddy of the contemporary, so-called "Left" ?...

cyberanvil wrote:
    Quote Using "unnamed sources" to prove a point doesn't strike me as credible.
    I assume, Jefferson, that the point you are referring to in this video exposé of Jared Kushner & his family's longstanding relationship with George Soros is the moment @ 2:45. Where, Quoting an article in

THE REAL DEAL – NEW YORK REAL ESTATE NEWS

it is stated, “A source familiar with the financing arrangement told The Real Deal that “Soros has had a long and productive relationship with the Kushner family.” This is in reference to the Headline @ 2:26
    Name:  Soros : Kushner.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  38.3 KB

“George Soros is the secret financier behind Kushner-backed startup Cadre”

Here is the link.

Now you may not find this “credible” Jefferson – but I would suggest the reason for that is that it upsets your own comfort zone & preconceived notions about the current balance of power in Amerika, Inc. And that is because you want to see The Donald & his Son-in-law as being clean & fresh - and on the side of the angels.

Tough beans, Cyberanvil. One thing you need to learn & grok, is that the big players are totally Machiavellian, and the real world is totally Byzantine.

M/M wrote:
    Quote Yes... and imagine if more and more see behind the curtains as to who is pulling strings.... we will not be so polarized and easily manipulated by buzz words... It is not surprising how we became so dis-informed... most of the mainstream media are owned by six corporations, etc...

29. TopTop #18
    cyberanvil

Mark Evans (aka Mayacaman) responds.

I assume, Jefferson, that the point you are referring to in this video exposé of Jared Kushner & his family's longstanding relationship with George Soros is the moment @ 2:45.

Amerika? And here I thought you were unbiased and then you opened the door open a crack. Naughty, naughty.
    Btw, you seem to be getting a bit free with your assumptions. Where did you get the idea that I think Donald and Son-in-law were on the side of angels? Really Mark, try to tighten up.
    Before I go back to regular programming, I’ll mention that it was YOU that posted that critical information was between 2:00 and 4:08. And then you listed 2:45. No matter how you spin it, you posted clickbait.
    I now return you to regular and more serious programming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8fpVNhiqKQ

30. TopTop #19
    Mayacaman

Leave it to cyberanvil to ignore the meat of the post and find a chink in the armor through which to mount a frontal assault.

Amerika, Inc? Yes, I use the term advisedly, as a pejorative perhaps, with its sly insinuation of the Fourth Reich
    . But I also use the term in its Kafkaesque sense - as a surrealistic region in the western hemisphere where anything can happen; and where one can go off with the traveling troop of the Oklahoma Nature Theater.

Anyway, Jefferson, you were evidently too busy programming to actually open the links, or comment on their substance. And "clickbait"? I'm sorry but I don't know what that is, and seriously doubt that I engage in such a practice. Quit projecting, willya? And, as far as "Where did you get the idea that I think Donald and Son-in-law were on the side of angels?" Why from you, cyberanvil; only from you, and from the tenor and political orientation of that which you post.

Btw, Cyberanvil, you still have not answered, nor offered a suitable answer to Judith I am, for she wrote:
    Quote uuuh, wondering, in retrospect: why did Soros get into this thread? jude

31. TopTop #20
    cyberanvil

Mark Evans (aka Mayacaman) opines.

Amerika, Inc? Yes, I use the term advisedly, as a pejorative perhaps, with its sly insinuation of the Fourth Reich
    . But I also use the term in its Kafkaesque sense - as a surrealistic region in the western hemisphere where anything can happen; and where one can go off with the traveling troop of the Oklahoma Nature Theater.

Someone once said ----------
    ""What Kafka saw was something else -- that history was going to roll over everybody, that everybody was going to become a victim of history. That's Kafkaesque. You struggle against history and history destroys you."

If you believe this, then there is not much point in struggling, right?

32. TopTop #21
    Mayacaman

cyberanvil wrote:
    Quote Someone once said ----------
    ""What Kafka saw was something else -- that history was going to roll over everybody, that everybody was going to become a victim of history. That's Kafkaesque. You struggle against history and history destroys you." If you believe this, then there is not much point in struggling, right?

Nah, I don't see that as the message of Franz Kafka; though I do see how someone could extrapolate that from his writings. True, his vision was pessimistic, but my own internal driver says not to throw in the towel. While it may be [in some circumstances] an exercise in vanity to vote, you gotta keep struggling. To Cease from ye old "good fight" is to give up & die.

Name:  This Machine KIlls Fascists.png
Views: 652
Size:  423.1 KB
    Last edited by Barry; 01-01-2020 at 10:04 AM.

33. Gratitude expressed by:

M/M
  34. TopTop #22
    M/M

Sorry post got away before I finished typing....

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    Someone once said ----------
    ""What Kafka saw was something else -- that history was going to roll over everybody, that everybody was going to become a victim of history. That's Kafkaesque. You struggle against history and history destroys you."

If you believe this, then there is not much point in struggling, right?
    There is a different sort of struggle that may or may not make sense. It is not an 'escape' or avoidance, but
    an opening in Being, discernment, a humbling process... that brings joy ultimately and good use of a Life time:
    Quote To the Mouse in the Trap
    You run in a circle and look for a hole?
    Pointless. Get it through your skull.
    Take thought.
    There's one escape under your control.
    Enter yourself... find what's there. - Erich Kastner

35. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

36. TopTop #23
    cyberanvil

Mark Evans (aka Mayacaman) postulates

Nah, I don't see that as the message of Franz Kafka; though I do see how someone could extrapolate that from his writings. True, his vision was pessimistic, but my own internal driver says not to throw in the towel. While it may be [in some circumstances] an exercise in vanity to vote, you gotta keep struggling. To Cease from ye old "good fight" is to give up & die.

You could be correct, but then there are other interpretations.

Is Franz Kafka Overrated?
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...rrated/309373/

37. TopTop #24
    Mayacaman

cyberanvil wrote:
    I don't know & I can't say...

= Nevertheless, the man definitely is Kafkaesque
    And (More to the Point of this thread ) =

There are about eleven thousand, eight hundred { 11, 800 } results on Global Research when one spins the words, "Fascism, America" into the Search box @ Global Research:

Last edited by Barry; 01-12-2020 at 09:57 AM.