Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

WaccoBB.net Community Gathering/Fundraiser - Conscious Relationship!

WaccoBB.net Community Gathering

Kick Off Party for the
    Conscious Relationship Category

Whether you're Single, Married
    or someplace in between,

Come Join Us!

Everybody is Invited!

Wednesday, October 25th
    6:30pm - 9:15pm
    8pm circle

Ace-In-The-Hole Cider Pub
    Highway 116 at Graton Road
    (3 miles north of Sebastopol)
    https://www.acecider.com/pub.html

Donation: $5-$20
    (No one turned away...)

To help kick off this new category and further catalyze real community (not to mention raise a few bucks to help support WaccoBB.net and your humble moderator!) we'll be gathering at the Ace-In-The-Hole Pub to meet each other and explore "what is Conscious Relationship". Whether you're single, married or someplace in between, come join us!

Since a hallmark of Conscious Relationship is honesty and authenticity, when you give your generous donation you will be asked to declare your relationship status as Single, Attached or something in between. You will be given an appropriate sticker to both signify your status and get you $1 off all your beer, cider and wine for the evening!

At 8pm we'll have a brief circle where everybody will have the chance to introduce themselves and then resume schmoozing! Here's your chance to see who's hanging out in our cybervillage and share some Free Hugs!

The Ace has a lovely outdoor area with heat lamps and a bar and BBQ, so you may want to bring some clothes for that. They also serve food from their home-style menu.

I look forward to meeting you there!

Last edited by Barry; 10-23-2006 at 01:29 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    margi

Re: WaccoBB.net Community Gathering/Fundraiser - Conscious Relationship!

Fabulous idea. Even better video.

I hope to make it. It would be great to meet others in the area. I moved here a few months ago as a healing place/location while going through a divorce. I guess that makes me a "or something other"

Margi
    Last edited by Barry; 10-15-2006 at 08:31 PM.

3. TopTop #3
    Barry
    Founder & Moderator

Re: WaccoBB.net Community Gathering/Fundraiser - Conscious Relationship!

Thanks to everybody who came down for the gathering! It was great! Everybody was very friendly and seemed to have a good time. In fact they had to kick us out at closing time! Many connections of all sorts were made!

Despite my under-promoting of the event (shoemaker's kids syndrome!) there was a good turn out of about 25 waccos, including a one or two who just happened to be there! I'm happy to say it was a fund-raising success as well. Thanks again to all of you for your generous support!

As always the brief introduction circle proved entertaining and revealing, which provided yet more schmooze fodder!

I think most people found the mix of Single, "Not Single" (there was some discussion of what term is best - I'm not sure we are there yet. And ideas?), and "Something Else" (each declared by a playful sticker) to be refreshing! It allows us folks who just like to meet/greet/schmooze to join in the fun and lets the singles know what the terrain is , all while building community!

Anybody want to chime in with their experience of the evening? Or ideas for future Conscious Relationship gatherings?

Barry