Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Laguna Foundation

Opening Reception “Sonoma County Wild” Photography by Jerry Dodrill

When
    Saturday, January 18th;3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
    Where Laguna Environmental Center, 900 Sanford Road, Santa Rosa CA
    Cost FREE
    Event Website Add to Google Calendar
    Artist Statement: “The photographs here are expressions of a lifetime of outdoor adventures in Sonoma County. I’ve been blessed to spend countless hours cycling, running, rock-climbing and paddling with friends since I was a boy. With each drive to a trailhead, each footstep, hand-hold, pedal or paddle stroke, I build a deeper relationship with the place I call home. Meanwhile, the artist’s eye constantly scans the landscape searching for meaningful observations and juxtapositions that represent the experiences and natural truths I’ve come to know. From the rocky coast to the muddy San Pablo Bay, Russian River, Mayacamas Mountains, and lofty slopes of Mount St. Helena, Sonoma County has an unparalleled level of visual and ecological diversity. The camera is a silent companion that lets me record and share special moments which unfold as unexpected gifts, or as the result of much planning and pre-visualization. The exhibit is a celebration of the wild country that surrounds us and an appreciation for those who work tirelessly to preserve our natural environment.” On display January 9 – May 5, 2020.

Artist Biography: Jerry Dodrill is an acclaimed landscape and adventure photographer who studied fine art at Pacific Union College (Bachelors Fine Art, 1997) and assisted legendary California photographer Galen Rowell before launching his own career in 2000. Jerry’s images have been widely published in books and magazines. As a climber he has scaled most of the major walls in Yosemite and traveled extensively. He leads photography workshops and expeditions for Visionary Wild, sharing what he calls a “story-forward” approach to image making. Jerry was a co-founder of the Santa Rosa based camera bag company MindShift Gear, is on the boards of the B-Rad Foundation and Rock Ice & Mountain Club. He lives in and works from his studio in Bodega. Website: www.jerrydodrill.com

PLEASE NOTE: Creative Landscape Photography Two Day Workshop with Jerry Dodrill is Friday, April 17, 1:00pm - 8:30pm and Saturday, April 18, 6:00am – 3:30pm at Heron Hall with field trips to off-site locations. $250. Pre-registration required.

The Heron Hall Art Gallery & Gift Shop exhibits three shows per year of local, nature-themed art. Sales support the Laguna Foundation. Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Because of the various uses of the hall, please call in advance: (707) 527-9277 x107.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-13-2019 at 05:10 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email