Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    michaelji
    Supporting Member

Mixed Media Composting Circle

When
    Monday, March 9th;9:30 am - 12:30 pm
    Where Sebastopol Center for the Arts - 282 S. High Street, Seb.
    Cost $30 members / $35 non members. Drop ins welcome
    Event Website Event Facebook Page Add to Google Calendar

Mixed Media Composting Circle

Monday mornings from 9:30 to 12:30 pm
    Jan. 6th - March 9th
    Sebastopol Center for the Arts
    $30 SCFA members/ $35 non members

Come join us as we move into the mystery with a kindred circle of creatives. We use drawing and painting media, trusting the hand/heart connection and leaving the judging mind behind. Whether your work is abstract or representational it’s as if we are composting layer upon layer of meaning, just by remaining in touch with our intuitive flow. This is the magic of unrestrained and unedited art play.

Each class begins with a somatic meditation to ground and awaken the senses so that the body becomes both anchor and compass. Relaxing into ourselves as a group gives us the courage to touch the deep muse within. We learn the skill of welcoming ourselves completely, just as we are and this impacts the way we see and create. You will be invited to dialogue with your creations as if they were angels bearing precious gifts.

Experienced art makers and beginners welcome. Drop ins welcome!. There will be watercolors, acrylics, inks, papers and drawing media on hand. Bring your favorite art supplies, if you wish. Water soluble paints only.

"Michael's facilitation opens doorways into creative play through movement, ritual, writing and mixed media color. He holds sacred space in a sensitive way to create a safe and supportive environment to explore without judgement. I bring my art home every week to meditate on and discover deeper connections into the mysteries of it's whispered messages for me. I share with the group each week about my insights and explorations of themes, including how my emotional landscape is transformed through the process of art. This creative play is soul medicine, helping me at this time to move through waves of grief and find inspiration to bloom into a new life with curiosity and joy."
    Annalise Madsen

Last edited by michaelji; 02-26-2020 at 04:23 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: