Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Thread: Solstice Letter
  • Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Doug von Koss

Solstice Letter

Dear Friends and nodding acquaintances everywhere,

Many of you have complained to me about how short the days have become. Your stories have nearly broken my heart with the pain of your angst. You are stressed from driving to and from work in the dark. “This is no way to live,” you say. I hear you. You tell me your dog is confused, not willing to go for “that necessary walk” in the dark and who knows what you might step in. I understand.

It’s dangerous to roll your recycle bin to the curb in the black of night at 5 p.m. “There may be night critters in the driveway!” Its been known to happen. You can’t weed the garden by flashlight! On and on your stories go.

So much good work for our beautiful world remains uncompleted because it must be done in sunlight. It’s true for me, too. The days are just too damn short.

Humbly and with gratitude, as Director of Research for the Network for Solstice Action, I offer this exquisite idea. Of course, we must remember at times like this, Isaac Newton and his apple. His simple answer was there all the time. The solution to our problem was also right under my nose. I blush that I’ve missed the moment over and over again. I now have the answer. True, it will require all of us, in one concerted action, to lengthen the day, but we can do it!

Here’s the plan. Wherever you are on Saturday, December 21, 2019, at 12 noon Pacific Standard Time, step outdoors. You must be in fresh air for this to work. Take a deep breath and shout, “Enough. Damn it all, enough!” I promise your next breath will feel great.

It will take a while to get those nice long days of sunlight back, but you should notice a small change on Sunday, December 22nd. If you are reading this after the high noon action, don’t despair. Whenever you think of it, step outdoors, take the required breath and quietly say, “Enough. Damn it all, enough!” and it will be enough.

Sincerely yours in Solstice Solidarity,
    Doug von Koss
    Director of Research
    Network for Solstice Action
    664 North Main Street
    Sebastopol, California 95472
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 5 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Shepherd

Re: Solstice Letter

Doug's good words below brought a needed smile to my face, which we need at the time that he describes so well below.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Doug von Koss: View Post
    Dear Friends and nodding acquaintances everywhere, ...
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: