Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    MmeDeuxChevaux

Have a Healthy Gut?

Have a Healthy Gut?

I’m in search of someone with a healthy microbiome. This means that you have plenty of healthy bacteria in your gut because you eat very well*, exercise regularly, and have a happy, kind outlook on life. Other requirements include little to no antibiotic use, no recent travel to developing countries, NO chronic insomnia, late sleep schedule or mental health issues, etc.

If you fit the criteria of a “super donor”, I and others would pay you for your poop**! Your healthy stool contains good bacteria that people like me lack.

Have you ever heard of FMT? It’s short for Fecal Microbiota Transplant. Stool from a healthy donor is filtered and then deposited into a recipient.

It sounds disgusting but FMT is the most successful treatment for C. Diff, a horrible condition that causes severe diarrhea. This is performed at clinics all over the world. The FDA, however, hasn’t approved FMT for the treatment of other conditions for which it may be helpful: Ulcerative Colitis, Crohns, IBS, Autism, MS, etc. AND the severe illness I suffer from - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

People desiring FMT (who have the financial means) go to treatment centers in other countries. Most of us don’t have that kind of money so we do DIY FMT. The hard part is finding the right potential donor.

If you think you may qualify as a “super donor” I would get you tested to make sure you’re the right fit. If you are, I'd pay you an agreed upon amount for your morning stool about three or four days a week for a period of three weeks every three to six months. I can sure you that other people would be willing to pay you for your “donation” on other days as well. That’s how valuable your gut and YOU are.

If you are not a candidate for any reason, perhaps you know of someone who is. Thanks so much for your time.

*a varied diet rich in vegetables - fresh, fermented, etc., few processed foods, including wheat and sugar…
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

3. TopTop #2
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Re: Have a Healthy Gut?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MmeDeuxChevaux: View Post
    People desiring FMT (who have the financial means) go to treatment centers in other countries. Most of us don’t have that kind of money so we do DIY FMT. The hard part is finding the right potential donor.
    There are in fact a number of doctors in the area that offer this treatment. As far as I know it is NOT something insurance companies cover at this time. And it isn't cheap because of the screening and testing required.

If memory serves there was at least one death reported from this procedure in the US in the past 6 months or so. While it is an amazing an often life changing treatment- it does carry risks.

As a side note- there is some fascinating research coming out with "vaginal microbiome transplants".

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    MmeDeuxChevaux

Thanks for your response. From my understanding, it's illegal in the US for doctors to perform FMT treatment in patients who do not have C Diff. But, if you know of any nearby clinics, I'd love to hear about them!

There are naturopaths in Oregon who provide telephone advice on DIY FMT.

I will test my prospective donor extensively before the procedure - especially for antibiotic resistant E Coli strains.
    Last edited by Barry; 12-01-2019 at 12:02 PM.

6. TopTop #4
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Quote Posted in reply to the post by MmeDeuxChevaux: View Post
    ...Have you ever heard of FMT? It’s short for Fecal Microbiota Transplant. Stool from a healthy donor is filtered and then deposited into a recipient. ...
    well... there's a difference between what is "approved" and what is "legal". Whether it's treatments like this or off label treatments with drugs... there is much that is being done.

I'm not going to post openly of the naturopaths and integrative medicine providers that are offering this. And I will have to ask them if it is ok to provide their info via pm. But... There are not that many naturopaths and integrative clinics in the region...so a few phone calls....

Hopefully I'll be able to pm you in the next week. Regardless- good luck... and be safe. This is an amazing treatment option...that does carry some real risks. Hopefully you can find a way to walk this path with a doctor helping you. It's a shame it's currently so hard.

7. Gratitude expressed by: