Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    IndySoCoEvents
    Supporting Member

EVACUATION WARNING from Supv. Lynda Hopkins

WEST COUNTY, IT’S GO TIME.
    Much of West County, including the Lower Russian River from Forestville to Stewart’s Point, the Sonoma Coast from Bodega Bay to Timber Cove, Fulton, Westside, and Eastside Road, is under an EVACUATION WARNING.
    EVACUATION IS NOT YET MANDATORY, BUT I ENCOURAGE YOU TO PREPARE, PACK, AND RELOCATE IF POSSIBLE.
    The fire is predicted to push westward this evening. We are looking at a ONCE IN 15 YEARS WIND EVENT. We could be experiencing worse wind conditions than October 2017. The existing Kincade Fire has multiple fronts, and if winds emerge as predicted, we can expect to see spot fires form from embers up to two and a half miles away. This means we will likely not be fighting *one* fire tonight — we may be fighting dozens.
    I don’t need to tell you how dry West County is, and how full of vegetation. If this fire jumps the freeway tonight, the entire lower Russian River and most of the Coast will be at risk.
    We all know West County residents are tough... and also that you sometimes don’t like listening to government (hey, me neither — you elected an anti-authoritarian farmer for a reason)... and I know that it’s tempting to stay and fight during a disaster rather than evacuate.
    THIS IS SERIOUS. OUR RURAL INGRESS/EGRESS ROUTES ARE LIMITED. IF EVACUATIONS DO BECOME MANDATORY, DO THE RIGHT THING. AND PLEASE SERIOUSLY CONSIDER EVACUATING NOW, WHILE ROADS ARE OPEN AND CLEAR.
    Stuff is just stuff. Your life is the most precious thing you have. And if you don’t evacuate when told to do so, you risk the lives of first responders who are duty bound to try to save your life.
    Sending thoughts, prayers, and love to our amazing firefighters and fire chiefs today and always. We anticipate a press release from CAL FIRE affirming these boundaries within the hour.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    IndySoCoEvents
    Supporting Member

Re: EVACUATION WARNING from Supv. Lynda Hopkins

This warning is now an ORDER. Evacuate NOW. Info at https://socoemergency.org/ !!

Quote Posted in reply to the post by IndySoCoEvents: View Post
    WEST COUNTY, IT’S GO TIME.
    Much of West County, including the Lower Russian River from Forestville to Stewart’s Point, the Sonoma Coast from Bodega Bay to Timber Cove, Fulton, Westside, and Eastside Road, is under an EVACUATION WARNING.
    EVACUATION IS NOT YET MANDATORY, BUT I ENCOURAGE YOU TO PREPARE, PACK, AND RELOCATE IF POSSIBLE.
    The fire is predicted to push westward this evening. We are looking at a ONCE IN 15 YEARS WIND EVENT. We could be experiencing worse wind conditions than October 2017. The existing Kincade Fire has multiple fronts, and if winds emerge as predicted, we can expect to see spot fires form from embers up to two and a half miles away. This means we will likely not be fighting *one* fire tonight — we may be fighting dozens.
    I don’t need to tell you how dry West County is, and how full of vegetation. If this fire jumps the freeway tonight, the entire lower Russian River and most of the Coast will be at risk.
    We all know West County residents are tough... and also that you sometimes don’t like listening to government (hey, me neither — you elected an anti-authoritarian farmer for a reason)... and I know that it’s tempting to stay and fight during a disaster rather than evacuate.
    THIS IS SERIOUS. OUR RURAL INGRESS/EGRESS ROUTES ARE LIMITED. IF EVACUATIONS DO BECOME MANDATORY, DO THE RIGHT THING. AND PLEASE SERIOUSLY CONSIDER EVACUATING NOW, WHILE ROADS ARE OPEN AND CLEAR.
    Stuff is just stuff. Your life is the most precious thing you have. And if you don’t evacuate when told to do so, you risk the lives of first responders who are duty bound to try to save your life.
    Sending thoughts, prayers, and love to our amazing firefighters and fire chiefs today and always. We anticipate a press release from CAL FIRE affirming these boundaries within the hour.

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: