Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Star Man

Driving America Schizophrenic

The president clearly asked for a quid pro quo from Zelensky. His words are clear. He wanted dirt on Biden from Zelensky in exchange for freeing up funds for Ukraine's defense. When Trump and McCarthy and Fox News and Republicans deny that the words mean what they do in fact mean, they are double-binding America. The result of double-binding is to induce schizophrenia in the listener. Schizophrenia manifests as mental confusion and emotional and behavioral disorganization. This is what is happening right now to America. The nation is being driven schizophrenic. Citizens cannot think straight. Some citizens are becoming so behaviorally disorganized that they commit mass shootings or drive their cars into protestors. Trump is the schizophrenic in chief. Giuliani is his chief enabler.

Star Man

Last edited by Barry; 10-01-2019 at 02:23 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Star Man

Re: Driving America Schizophrenic

Just today we learn that a man in Texas shot his four roommates to death because of an argument. This is an example of the mental, emotional, and behavioral disorganization that results from schizophrenia induced by double binding. The anthropologist Gregory Bateson originally studied and defined this, as did the British psychiatrist R.D. Laing. Star Man
    Last edited by Barry; 10-01-2019 at 02:24 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Glia

Schizophrenia (a tragic *genetic* mental illness usually manifesting in between 17 and 30 years of age) or cognitive dissonance?

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Star Man: View Post
    The president clearly asked for a quid pro quo from Zelensky. His words are clear. He wanted dirt on Biden from Zelensky in exchange for freeing up funds for Ukraine's defense. When Trump and McCarthy and Fox News and Republicans deny that the words mean what they do in fact mean, they are double-binding America. The result of double-binding is to induce schizophrenia in the listener. Schizophrenia manifests as mental confusion and emotional and behavioral disorganization. This is what is happening right now to America. The nation is being driven schizophrenic. Citizens cannot think straight. Some citizens are becoming so behaviorally disorganized that they commit mass shootings or drive their cars into protestors. Trump is the schizophrenic in chief. Giuliani is his chief enabler.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-02-2019 at 01:11 PM.

6. TopTop #4
    Star Man

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Glia: View Post
    Schizophrenia (a tragic *genetic* mental illness usually manifesting in between 17 and 30 years of age) or cognitive dissonance?
    I hear you saying that schizophrenia is a "genetic" mental illness. Your use of quotes suggests you may doubt it is a true genetic disorder like say an intellectual disability disorder. Gregory Bateson first proposed that schizophrenia was not an inborn genetic disorder but that could be created by double binding by the parents. R.D. Laing, a British psychiatrist, studied families of 11 schizophrenic children and discovered they had all been double binded. i am trying to apply these principles to understand America's current disorganized thinking, feeling, and behaving.

7. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

8. TopTop #5
    Star Man

Star Man

America is schizophrenic having been driven so by schizophrenic parents. The entire Republican party is a schizophrenia-making enterprise. The schizophrenic Americans cannot escape. They are trapped. Trapped by their own mental illness. The nation sits at its computer screens and cell phone screens waiting for the next outrage from the alcoholic in charge. The schizophrenic in charge. America is the family of schizophrenic parents. “Send me your poor...yearning to be free.” Oh, too bad. We shoot you at the border. We deny you entry. We create systems of abuse in your homelands but when you try and get here, we shut you out. Schizophrenia. Mr. and Mrs. Schizo Phrenia. Drive the nation into madness. Am I the only citizen who is able to stand outside this madness and see it for what it is? Apparently. I am the kid who lives across the street from the Phrenia family. I hear the fighting. I hear the lies and the discounting. I hear the name calling and belittling. I hear the projections. I will not play with the Phrenia children. They are mean, nasty, and hurtful. No one wants to play with them, but some do because they are afraid of the Phrenias. They fear the name-calling. They fear that the Phrenias will send their juvenile delinquent friends to beat us up. I just stay away.

Star Man
    ------------------------------
    More today. Now the Kurdish men and women and children will be sacrificed to the Phrenias. Or not. The Phrenia said he'd allow the Turks to cross into Kurdish territory which many know will result in the massacre of the Kurds. Turkey has been trying to massacre the Kurds for decades. Now the Big Father Phrenia is going to let them be killed. Or not. Even McConnell objects. Crazy making. Of course it is wrong to murder the Kurds. I am calling attention to the schizophrenia induced in America by the behavior or out "parents." Pretty soon America will qualify for a diagnosis of Adult Onset Autism.

9. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

10. TopTop #6
    wisewomn

Here's another, not unrelated view, Star Man:

"How Do We Take America Back From the Suckers & The Uber-Wealthy?

Christopher Wiley, the guy who worked at Cambridge Analytica under Steve Bannon, has laid out how they identified potential Trump voters. They looked for the same type of vulnerabilities in white people who the military had previously been profiling among American muslims as vulnerable to indoctrination or radicalization by groups like ISIS. Targeting American whites they thought could be easily brainwashed, through a few dozen metrics they could identify based on Facebook profiles, they set out to radicalize them, only for Trump and the alt-right, instead of for ISIS. It's been a mystery for some time why Trump voters would be so enthusiastic, even cult-like, when Trump's policies would actually screw in them badly and just help out the billionaire class.

"Now we know why. Billionaire Rupert Murdoch runs Fox News the way that the billionaire Mercer family ran Cambridge Analytica - reaching out to white people who are easily radicalized, and turning them into Trump cult members who would support policies that make the rich richer while burrowing deeper and deeper into hate and paranoia. Now America's big challenge is,

"How do you do you de-program a person who's been brought into a cult through a very carefully done multi-million dollar campaign of screening for vulnerable people and then breaking them psychologically? How do we help them realize that by aligning themselves with billionaires and polluting corporations, they're just hurting themselves?"

-Thom Hartmann

America is schizophrenic having been driven so by schizophrenic parents. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 10-09-2019 at 08:43 AM.

11. Gratitude expressed by 6 members:

12. TopTop #7
    Star Man

When Trump and McCarthy and Fox News and Republicans deny that the words mean what they do in fact mean, they are double-binding America. The result of double-binding is to induce schizophrenia in the listener. Schizophrenia manifests as mental confusion and emotional and behavioral disorganization. This is what is happening right now to America. The nation is being driven schizophrenic.
    The tragedy with Turkey and the Kurds is an example of double binding. America enlisted the help of the Kurdish fighters in the war against ISIS. Turkey has always hated the Kurds. Trump promised to protect the Kurds and then when Erdogan called him, Trump caved in to the schoolyard bully and pulled out U.S. troops and now the Kurds will be massacred, men, women, and children. Trump's behavior is schizophrenic. Trump forces all of us to participate in his schizophrenia and we are all driven schizophrenic thereby. The Republicans are driven ever more crazy. Matt Gaetz is a perfect example. His thought process and Devin Nunes' thought process, and Jim Jordan's thought process are completely disorganized. We are trapped in an insane asylum.

13. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

14. TopTop #8
    wisewomn

"We are trapped in an insane asylum." Indeed we are and the inmates are in charge.

"thought process?" You are being far too generous, Star Man.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-10-2019 at 10:19 AM.

15. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

16. TopTop #9
    Star Man

Trump is the schizophrenic in chief.
    I am adding this note after learning about Trump's atrocious speech in Minneapolis in which he attacked Ilhan Omar, Somalis, and acted out a scene he hallucinated between two FBI agents.

I believe the president is mentally ill. His speech, thoughts, emotions, and behavior are grossly disorganized as evidenced by the video of his Minneapolis rally and many, many others. Trump's disordered emotions are evidenced by his paranoia. Trump is delusional. He believes he is above the law. Trump appears to hallucinate. For example he saw the sparse crowds at his inauguration and hallucinated throngs. These are all signs of schizophrenia. His schizophrenic behaviors have brought on impeachment and are costing Kurdish people to be massacred. His schizophrenic behaviors have nearly destroyed America's economy and our place of preeminence in world politics. Trump is unfit to carry out the duties of his office.

Star Man

17. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

18. TopTop #10
    Star Man

When Trump and McCarthy and Fox News and Republicans deny that the words mean what they do in fact mean, they are double-binding America. The result of double-binding is to induce schizophrenia in the listener. Schizophrenia manifests as mental confusion and emotional and behavioral disorganization. This is what is happening right now to America. The nation is being driven schizophrenic. Citizens cannot think straight.
    Whoever would conquer a nation without using force, must first drive its citizens schizophrenic. Then the citizens, no longer able to think, feel, or act sanely will destroy the nation from within.

Star Man

19. Gratitude expressed by:

20. TopTop #11
    cyberanvil

Whoever would conquer a nation without using force, must first drive its citizens schizophrenic. Then the citizens, no longer able to think, feel, or act sanely will destroy the nation from within.

Star Man
    Have you communicated this to ANTIFA?

21. TopTop #12
    Star Man

Star Man
    I feel very pleased with this aphorism. I want it to go viral. How do I accomplish that? I need help. Star Man

22. TopTop #13
    podfish

I feel very pleased with this aphorism. I want it to go viral. How do I accomplish that? I need help. Star Man
    the term itself is its own hint - the phrase turns out to be infectious because other people pick it up.
    It's kind of like a nickname - unless it comes from others it's unlikely to stick. The proliferation of most of the good memes came as a surprise to their creator.

23. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

24. TopTop #14
    Star Man

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    the term itself is its own hint - ...
    Podfish, do you have Instagram or Twitter? If so, post my aphorism. Do you have friends in Europe or South America, or Africa? Send the aphorism to them and ask them to forward it to ten people. I totally know what you said in your reply. THAT is why I am asking others to help me. Star Man
    Last edited by Barry; 11-03-2019 at 11:40 AM.

25. TopTop #15
    Cheingrand

I don't understand the statement. Schizophrenia is not imposed from without as if something can be done to a person(s) to cause schizophrenia. It is a malady from within. How is this group mental illness in your statement manifested? What does it look like such that it destroys?

Those with schizophrenia in my life are capable souls, and your characterization of schizophrenia is ill-informed and stigmatizing.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-04-2019 at 09:19 AM.

26. Gratitude expressed by:

27. TopTop #16
    Star Man

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Cheingrand: View Post
    I don't understand the statement. Schizophrenia is not imposed from without...
    So, first, I totally hear you saying that my characterization of schizophrenia is ill-informed and stigmatizing, If you will consult the DSM-V you will see that schizophrenia is characterized by disordered thinking, disordered emoting, and disordered behaving.

My comments are informed by the best available empirically supported information. I am arguing that about 30% of the American electorate appears to suffer from disorganized thinking, emoting, and behaving.. Second, I do not doubt that there is an internal (genetic) component to schizophrenia, however i am working with the model proposed by Gregory Bateson that schizophrenia results from repeated experiences of double-binding in childhood.. The British psychiatrist, R.D. Laing's research supported this theory. I am attempting to show how Trump, who was apparently massively double-binded in childhood, has double-binded America and is driving the nation schizophrenic.
    Last edited by Barry; 11-04-2019 at 09:22 AM.

28. Gratitude expressed by:

29. TopTop #17
    Shandi

Keep posting on FB, and maybe it will become viral. Also, Instagram. You can't force something to go viral; that's done by viewers who resonate.

30. TopTop #18
    Shandi

For those who like myself didn't know what ANTIFA means, here you go:
    An·ti·fa

• a political protest movement comprising autonomous groups affiliated by their militant opposition to fascism and other forms of extreme right-wing ideology.
      "Saturday's rally had the support of Antifa, whose sworn enemy is the far right"
      Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
      Have you communicated this to ANTIFA?

31. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

32. TopTop #19
    podfish

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Shandi: View Post
    For those who like myself didn't know what ANTIFA means, here you go:
    An·ti·fa

• a political protest movement comprising autonomous groups affiliated by their militant opposition to fascism and other forms of extreme right-wing ideology.
      "Saturday's rally had the support of Antifa, whose sworn enemy is the far right"
    [/FONT]
    it's also basically a boogeyman, used by the right to counter charges that white supremacists are often responsible for violence. They trot it out as yet more evidence that the left is hypocritical when they decry groups like the Proud Boys. Apparently one of the Antifa guys in Portland punched a journalist at a march (he was also slimed with vegan milkshakes), which is pretty much the same thing as running over Heather Heyer in Charlottesville.

33. Gratitude expressed by:

34. TopTop #20
    Star Man

Quote Posted in reply to the post by podfish: View Post
    it's also basically a boogeyman, used by the right to counter charges that white supremacists are often responsible for violence. They trot it out as yet more evidence that the left is hypocritical when they decry groups like the Proud Boys. Apparently one of the Antifa guys in Portland punched a journalist at a march (he was also slimed with vegan milkshakes), which is pretty much the same thing as running over Heather Heyer in Charlottesville.
    ANTIFA is a non-violent movement. I object to equating killing Heather Heyer with sliming a Proud Boy with a vegan milkshake. It was the Proud Boy who hit the journalist. Murder equals milkshake. That's a perfect example of how America is being driven schizophrenic. It is disorganized thinking to believe murder equals milkshake. I do not condone sliming someone with a milkshake. Just to be clear. Star Man

35. TopTop #21
    wisewomn

Star Man, I'm pretty sure Podfish was being ironic. :-)

ANTIFA is a non-violent movement. I object to equating killing Heather Heyer with sliming a Proud Boy with a vegan milkshake. It was the Proud Boy who hit the journalist. Murder equals milkshake. That's a perfect example of how America is being driven schizophrenic. It is disorganized thinking to believe murder equals milkshake. I do not condone sliming someone with a milkshake. Just to be clear. Star Man