Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #61
    podfish

Re: Open Committee Toward Solutions On the Homeless Crisis

Quote Posted in reply to the post by cyberanvil: View Post
    Take solace in that fact that Pelosi (pious woman that she is) cries and prays for Trump every day. At least that's what she says.
    Trump, by his punching down, belittling and denigrating everyone who doesn't grovel for him, deserves any cynical take you can bring to him. People may decide they don't mind his act, (Laura Ingram or whatever her name is comes to mind) saying it's all in fun, but I think that is pretty indefensible. It's fun and games until he insults your mama, I suppose.

But I have never seen any reason that Pelosi earns such a cheap shot as taking her profession of faith at anything but face value. Romney, same thing. But the dude of Corinthians volume II, maybe he's a different story. He shows no evidence of faith in anything; instead he prides himself on his brutal "realism".

She doesn't cry for him, sure. Remember, this is her reaction when accused of hating him. If you've ever met anyone of her cultural background, you might understand. It's a more in sorrow than in anger thing, and it's indoctrinated in Catholic girls of a certain generation pretty well. I'm sure she's totally sincere about not hating him. I'm sure she's full of disgust, though.

But don't forget, the Inquisition and Crusades were Catholic things too. Refusing to hate the sinner isn't a sign of weakness.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

3. TopTop #62

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post

In 1908, just as he was leaving office, Teddy Roosevelt quashed the Class-action Lawsuits that were attempting to wrest the title to the Timber-lands from the Lumber Cartels that had acquired possession of such lands by Fraud, and in Violation of the Homestead Act. This he did as a parting favor to his buddy, George Weyerhaeuser.
    Do you have any evidence for this? I believe it is completely untrue. First of all it was Frederick not George Weyerhsuser who was Roosevelt's contemporary, and he spoke out against him several times. (from The Vault: "Back in 1905 President Theodore Roosevelt laid aside his prepared speech at a forestry congress to let fly with some spontaneous remarks about people who cut down the forests—"Who skin the country and go somewhere else!" he said. He denounced "that man whose idea of developing the country is to cut every stick of timber off of it and leave it a barren desert.... That man," he concluded, "is a curse!"

He was talking about Frederick Weyerhaeuser (among others), the founder of the company, George Weyerhaeuser's great-grandfather.") TR was a very strong conservationist, and in fact it was Taft's shortcomings in that regard when he succeeded him as president that drive a breach between the two who were previously very close friends. In fact if you said it was Taft who gave away the land it might be more believable (though I believe also wrong). George was not born until 1926. Furthermore presidents cannot as far as I know "quash" class action lawsuits.

Patrick Brinton

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #63
    Mayacaman

Patrick, I concede that it was Frederick Weyerhaeuser who was the contemporary of Theodore Roosevelt, and not his descendant, George Weyerhaeuser.
    Touché.

But the fact remains that
    back in 1908, there were a series of Class-Action Lawsuits against the Timber Barons, the intent of which was to wrest the title to the timber-lands away from the possession of such by the Timber Corporations. And T.R., in one of his last acts as President, jettisoned those lawsuits. Now, whether a President may lawfully "quash a class-action lawsuit" or not, I do not know. But it happened. Presidents tend to act "presidentially" you know.

You ask for evidence; some of it is in the book "Treason in America" by Anton Chaitkin; in a chapter with the somewhat rabid title "Environmentalism Destroyed the American Frontier" {or something to that effect.) I would provide you with the details that are contained in the fulsome footnotes, but at present the book is in the hands of my lawyer / friend. It is our intention to rewrite the Homestead Act, and make it current, for 2020. Next week, when I am able to obtain my copy of the book again, & study the footnotes, I can provide further details.

It is far more important to the thesis of my argument, Patrick, to stress that the Timber Corporations did not obtain their millions of acres by lawful means. Because the acquisition of the timber-lands (with the exception of those acres which were obtained from the Land Grants to the Railroad Corporations, under the Pacific Railway Act of 1862) was all done
    in violation of the Homestead Act of 1862 - which stipulated that no one [person] should by any means obtain more than one hundred and sixty acres of the Public Domain.

In point of fact, none of the Timber Corporations were legitimate, because the titles to the contiguous holdings of hundreds of thousands of acres were obtained by an elaborate system of Fraud - in violation of the Homestead Act of 1862. This is detailed in the book "Looters of the Public Domain" by Stephen Puter, who was the compradore for the Timber Barons, and was in a position to know how it was done, since he was the one who accomplished the transfer of the titles of the parcels from the General Land Office to the nascent Timber Cartels.

When it became generally known that this elaborate system of Fraud and Graft had "Looted the Public Domain" - to borrow Puter's phrase - there was a public clamor that something be done. In that event, Stephen Puter was made to walk the plank, figuratively, and the Timber Barons - who lived in nice neighborhoods like Hyde Park, Chicago; Whitefish Bay, Milwaukee; and Beacon Hill, Boston
    - were not prosecuted.

They never had to sully their hands with the dirty business of obtaining the lands; and they never even had to venture out of their robber baron estates in the Mid-west and in the East.
    Stephen Puter, who had been the fixer, wrote the book as a tell-all from prison after he was made to take the fall. "Looters of the Public Domain" was published in Portland, Oregon in 1908 - at which time there were a number of Class-action Lawsuits extant against the Timber Corporations. I'll get back to you about the details in the footnotes of the other book, Patrick. -If you wish.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by pbrinton: View Post
    Do you have any evidence for this? ...

Last edited by Barry; 02-10-2020 at 11:49 AM.

6. TopTop #64
    Mayacaman

I had hopes, back in September when I initiated this thread, that We, here in California (& the Rest of America) could come to a 'Elegant Solution' of the Homeless Crisis. I had hoped that Everyone would see the clear logic in my proposal to Open up the vast lands of the Bureau of Land Management to Homesteading, Once Again. That such an initiative would radically alleviate the problems we have been facing with the Housing Crisis.

But Alas, the Coronavirus has taken to the Stage...

The Arrival of a total Game-Changer.... What is to become of the Homeless?

7. TopTop #65
    Mayacaman

Congress leaves out homeless response from coronavirus-relief packages

Health experts want $5 billion in emergency funding to increase housing and care for people experiencing homelessness during the crisis.

So, What is to become of Amerika's Homeless? The Trump Administration Plan (seconded by bi-partisan support in both Houses of Congress) is for them to perish on the streets, until they are rounded up (for being infected with Covid-19) and shuffled off to FEMA Camps. That's the New Plan.

8. TopTop #66
    geomancer

(This post was moved here from another thread - Barry)

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post

As I shared with you all, the B.L.M. is sitting on almost a Quarter of a Billion acres. The "problem" lies in the fact that we are saddled with an over-class - commonly called "billionaires" - who want to have it All.

BLM is "sitting on" large areas of desert land, Alaskan tundra and the like, much of it is designated wilderness, wildlife refuges, historic sites, scenic areas, and national monuments. The reason it wasn't patented by homesteaders is because it's fucking desert with no fucking water. Sure, park the homeless 10 miles down a 4wd road in a shack with no water supply, see how that works out.
    Last edited by Barry; 04-15-2020 at 12:12 PM.

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #67
    Mayacaman

Mayacaman wrote:

As I shared with you all, the B.L.M. is sitting on almost a Quarter of a Billion acres. The "problem" lies in the fact that we are saddled with an over-class - commonly called "billionaires" - who want to have it All.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by geomancer: View Post
    BLM is "sitting on" large areas of desert land, Alaskan tundra and the like, much of it is designated wilderness, wildlife refuges, historic sites, scenic areas, and national monuments. The reason it wasn't patented by homesteaders is because it's fucking desert with no fucking water. Sure, park the homeless 10 miles down a 4wd road in a shack with no water supply, see how that works out.

Sorry, But I didn’t clarify: those Quarter of a Billion Acres that the Bureau of Land Management is sitting on in are in Twelve Western States. There are millions and millions more acres of the former "Public Lands" in Alaska. But just try to find out how many. As Dylan said, "Look out kid, they keep it all hid."
    Here, You do the search:

I stand by my words that the Billionaires want it All. It used to be called the “Public Domain” –ever hear of that? Are you able to render an reasonable definition of what that term meant in America in the Nineteenth Century? -That is without referring to wikipedia? Because the meaning of the term "Public Domain" has shifted since 1976. It now means "intellectual property" - not "Public Lands."

Apart from that, I notice that you have yet to open the link “ B.L.M. “ –because your mocking two-liner of a response indicates that you did not look into the pile of data that I assemble here at WaccoBB, in the Fall.
    The Homestead Act which was annulled in the lower ‘48 in 1976 was certainly not annulled for the reasons that you encapsulate in your little screed. Your little screed is a perfect, little, mocking, rendition of the Green "cover story."

I bid you to open that link, geomancer, aka, Richard Ely, and get back to me when you are a little more familiar with the “turf”- and with the “history” of the turf. Anyway, it’s all moot. The present, younger generation - including the homeless among them - are not going to be allowed to Homestead anywhere. As I said, the billionaires want it All. And their Plan to complete the acquisition of All of it is in full swing.

The closing of the American Wilderness to Occupation by humans was done by stealth in late 1976, during the last few months of the administration of Gerald Ford {that useful tool who - as a member of the Warren Commission - participated in the cover-up of the truth about the assassination of Kennedy.)

I repeat: the Closing of the American Wilderness (in some ways akin to the Closing of the American Mind) was done in stealth. There was no fanfare in the Press or the Media at the time. In this manner it resembled the “Crime of ‘73” [1873].

Mark my words: "The Crime of 1976 was akin to the Crime of 1873." Get back to me after you‘ve done your homework, and can wrap your head around the meaning of that sentence, and make a more fitting rebuttal of my position, geomancer, aka Richard Ely. I'm ready to deal with any articulate critique of the material i assembled behind the green Door.

Last edited by Mayacaman; 04-19-2020 at 01:27 AM.

11. TopTop #68
    Mayacaman

Open Letter to Homeless Action, Sonoma County

Dear Homeless Advocates, Greetings

I would like to ask a favor of you'all - in accord with Adrienne's gracious offer of 'help' on October 12, 2020.

I have written to this group, in general, since being burned out, about my own experiences, and I have posted an essay about the "
    Highland Clearances in the 21st Century." But I found that there were no responses, other than a couple of personal letters from Anita LaFollette.

My thesis regarding the "real reason" for the now annual - hereafter perennial & new normal - "wildfires" in the West has been met by stony silence from all of you Homeless activists. Perhaps you {plural} think, 'Alas, the poor man having lost his home, has become delusional and has fallen into the dark realm of "conspiracy thinking".'

Let me disabuse you of that thought. To do that, I would invite All of you - or as many as are willing to make the trek up to my land - to observe the aftermath of the Fire that consumed Los Alamos Canyon del Norte on the night of September 27, 2020. For there is plenty of evidence of lasers having been used – either from drones -or- satellites. -Evidence that is still in place, as of today, December 30, 2020.

Back in the Spring, Summer, & Fall of 1979, I worked for a period of six months as a puller on the Salmon boat of
    Nat Bingham, out of Noyo Harbor. One day as we were reaching - at sixteen knots - from Point Delgado down to Bodega Bay, Nat told me something that I will never forget. He told me that every other year he would go back to Connecticut to schmooze with his cousins at their Family Reunions. The Bingham Family is one of "America's Sixty Families".

What Nat told me, in short, was this: "The power elite / ruling class have a Plan: In the Future they want there to be only two classes: "
    Alphas" (after Huxley's "Brave New World") and "Drones
    " (after the social structure of the Bee-hive). "You just watch.. They intend to break the Middle Class until it no longer exists..."

It is happening Now, in the Present, way out West. I myself was a down-wardly mobile son of the Middle Class. My daddy was a Doctor, who worked hard & made it up from the working class into the upper middle class in one generation. My own "net worth" prior to the fire in Los Alamos Canyon, was roughly five hundred thousand dollars. I can personally testify that "They" are not only "intending to break the middle class" ; they are well under way.

So what I would ask from You, my chosen affinity group, is support on this Front : that you organize a party to come up to witness the Evidence of
    Corporatist {Federal & Corporate] Malfeasance {via Directed Energy Weapon lasers from space} - and that you bring a videographer along, to help document it, while the evidence is still in place.

=ALSO=

It would be nice - if someone knows a 'forensics expert' - to bring that person along, to make a statement before the camera, that : "This is not the way that fires normally burn, in Oak forests." =AND= "This is not the way that houses normally burn."

In All Sincerity,

Mark Walter Evans