Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    ConnieMadden

Strikewithus Update! Update! Did you find your march? They're ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Strikewithus update update! Did you find your march? They’re ALL OVER THE PLACE!

UPDATE! So manana/Friday is the 9/20 Global Youth Strike and we prepared by holding a silkscreening party in our barn, making fliers, banners, chunks of cloth imprinted with Extinction Rebellion and other symbols to be attached to clothing with safety pins, working alongside two philosophy teacher/organizers from SRJC and friends including one adorable girl, 4. LET’S GET COLORFUL…and we now have a room devoted to silkscreening and other graphics for demonstrations.

Tomorrow in Petaluma, people are meeting up at the Libary, 11am, marching to City Hall. Around us, Novato, Santa Rosa, San Rafael, Richmond, Berkeley, Oakland and many many more towns are in on this so you can put your zip code into #Strikewithus to get more info.

Our job tomorrow is tabling for Sonoma County Pachamama Alliance and our DRAWDOWN workshops, offered for schools, libraries, groups where people want to learn solutions to global warming so we can work on those. We’ll be at Old Courthouse Square, Santa Rosa with a mob of young folks marching from the SRJC, leaving school for the Strike which started in August 2018 as Fridays for Future.

So glad to table for this! The Greta Generation (so named by Bill McKibben in this week’s TIME Magazine article, How Earth Survived, a must read for anyone who wants the full impact of climate crisis to become real for them) called it that and we’re doing our best to follow this fierce leader of youth, speaking the U.N. the second time at the General Secretary’s Climate Action Summit in October.

So if you must, listen to mainstream news, but better, listen to Greta, to Extinction Rebellion, to Naomi Klein, to Bill McKibben and Paul Hawken. So glad we get to hear the last two at Bioneers next month. Will blog on that to be sure!
    Last edited by Barry; 09-20-2019 at 10:16 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    AJL

Re: Strikewithus Update! Update! Did you find your march? They're ALL OVER THE PLACE!

And maybe there’s a bicycle caravan heading to Santa Rosa from Sebastopol leaving the town square around 11 ?
    Last edited by Barry; 09-20-2019 at 10:17 AM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    arthunter

Re: Strikewithus Update! Update! Did you find your march? They're ALL OVER THE PLACE!

Because of my great concern for the earth and all of its inhabitants I've looked into this subject repeatedly. We now have children crying about their lost future and most countries on earth have signed onto a plan allowing unelected beaurocrats to manage all of their natural resources. Though I thoroughly agree with some actions going on, ... I have always tried to treat planet earth with love and respect
    ... I think that the drastic conclusions and hysteria going on just might be engineered for profit and control of the population. If you dare to actually question the facts you'll watch this. It is factual.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...&v=oYhCQv5tNsQ

I'm trying to be positive here and to relieve some unnecessary anxiety. I was in the supervisors chamber when they boldly declared Sonoma County as a sustainable paradise while they continue to allow our wineries to dump over 100,000 pounds per year of pesticides onto our vineyards. We are third in the state for childhood cancer. My husband used to maintain winery machinery and he's had cancer three times in spite of a relatively healthy lifestyle. Statistically, this is not uncommon for winery workers.

So while we march against hotly debated data, the real immediate dangers continue. Glysophate is now thought to increase cancer chances by 38% and it's been found in everything...

Then there's geoengineering, no longer a conspiracy theory, but an admitted fact, and yet no one seems to include this reality in any discussion of climate ... really?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=I...&v=hpz6W980n4I

6. Gratitude expressed by: