Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Who can beat Trump? Who can successfully be president?

I've heard this discussion a lot here and elsewhere. Which Democrat can beat Trump.

While obviously we need to dethrone Trump... this debate is missing a much larger issue.

Who can successfully be president? We have so many major issues here. And the democrats seem to be talking about a few- mostly domestic. Immigration. Healthcare. Housing. Maybe student loans. How about China? Iran? Saudi Arabia? The chaos with Israel? The chaos that is Brexit?

I don't see any discussion that the Dems may not win the Senate- or how they have any chance of moving forward with their policies with a divided congress,

And I don't see anyone talking about the long term consequences of (an especially far left) President not being Abe to carry out campaign promises without a majority in both houses. And... not just just a majority- many of the promised polices will not gain support from Democrats in much of the nation.

I hate to say it. But Obama was pretty conservative. Brilliant... but conservative. He certainly "evolved" on a lot of issues. But... the sad truth...we saw a massive backlash because he was "black". Sadly I think we will see the same- or worse, if we elect a woman. A gay. A soialist. (personally I want to believe a woman can gain more support then a backlash- the other two I sadly have little hope for in this day and age).

IDK, I *really, really* don't want Biden. There is so much he has done I despise (at the same time- I'll admit- for his failures he is actually a good person even if I often disagree with him).

I honestly don't see a democrat (Biden...maybe...unfortunately) that can both beat Trump and win again (or at least not blow the Democrats chances for the next decade).

And...just... before you reply.... please step outside of your north bay bubble....and see how the rest of America sees this...
    Last edited by Barry; 09-19-2019 at 09:39 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: