Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Valley Oak

My Corporate Ethics Assignment

Here is something that takes a peek into the ethics of corporations as well as our educational system. I am currently taking a market research course at SRJC and this is the homework assignment that our instructor handed us yesterday. Pretty please read the assignment, below, and learn what is really happening with ethics, corporations, and how our educational system addresses these important social issues.

If you do yourself the favor of simply reading this assignment, you will learn the methods used today to research a company's commitment to ethics in dealing not only with its employees and customers, but also their commitment to social responsibility, such as not dumping toxic chemicals into people's drinking water.

---------------

Chapter 3 Ethics Assignment

Your goal for this assignment is to evaluate how firms are being socially responsible. Limit your answers to one page and provide a printout of the website you visited online.

1. In the website of the company of your choice, look for information about that firm's efforts to be socially responsible. Look for things such as news releases, company information, and community programs. Describe the various activities you find and explain why you think the company is involved with them.

2. Do the activities on the website seem consistent with the company's products? Why or why not? (For example, a shoe company may sponsor a race that raises money to help prevent a disease. Racers may use that company's running shoes, therefore, the race would be consistent with the company's products.)

3. Evaluate the effectiveness of the information in terms of presentation, impact, and if it will help to sell the company's products. Support any claims you make.

4. Does the information you collected during this activity change your evaluation of the company? If so, explain your reasons.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    sealwatcher
    Supporting member

Re: My Corporate Ethics Assignment

Well, well! Is this really college-level? Will you share your answers with us?
    Last edited by Barry; 08-30-2019 at 12:40 PM.

4. Gratitude expressed by:

5. TopTop #3
    Valley Oak

Yes to both! And I will tell you the grading and feedback I expect to get after I turn it in.

Nonetheless, this is a resource for everyone to use if they want to scrutinize a company.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by sealwatcher: View Post
    Well, well! Is this really college-level? Will you share your answers with us?

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #4
    Valley Oak

I have deleted the assignment because of privacy concerns. It was up for quite some time so I think that everyone had a chance to take a good look at it.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Valley Oak: View Post
    Here is my ethics assignment returned to me by our instructor. It was worth only 8 points but at least I got them all!
    ;-)