Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Jude Iam

Tell the EPA: do NOT re-approve glyphosate!

Please sign and pass along. Thanks, Jude

In September 1983, about a week after finding out I was pregnant with my first child, my husband and I were inundated with weeds surrounding a house we had recently bought. The weeds had to go. Being what I thought was a responsible mother-to-be, I clearly remember reading the label on the bottle of Roundup before I used it. In those days, it was labeled “non-toxic and biodegradable.” No worries, no gloves. Safe as table salt, right? I went to work spraying weeds until the nozzle clogged and it leaked Roundup all over my hands. I remember standing there, saying to myself, they’d better be right and it had better be non-toxic. I made a mental note that if anything happened to my child, I would know what caused it.

Robby was born with cancer in his brain and after 4 brain surgeries, 5500 rads of radiation and multiple rounds of chemotherapy, he lost his battle. In those times, I didn’t have any evidence to make the connection between his cancer and glyphosate but I never forgot.
    As fate would have it, I have since met two scientists from Europe, one who worked on a 2 year rat feeding study (the Seralini study) during which a group of rats was given Roundup in their drinking water, and the other, a molecular geneticist. The Seralini study was designed for toxicity and didn’t meet the criteria for a cancer study. When the study was published, the authors could only say that the rats developed tumors, without disclosing the type, or types of cancer. It turns out that the cancer my son had was the same type of cancer developed by the rats in the study.
    According to the scientists, the adjuvants would have magnified the toxicity of glyphosate and forced it into my skin, as adjuvants do when penetrating the leaves of a plant. And because I have the MTHFR genetic snp and dirty genes, as Dr. Ben Lynch would say… my body has a hard time detoxing chemicals. After learning about my genetics, the molecular geneticist felt that glyphosate likely caused Robby’s cancer.
    I’m writing today to ask you to use our quick and easy system to post a comment on the EPA docket, telling them not to renew glyphosate’s registration. Edit as you see fit, or just click and post directly on the docket. Glyphosate is an extremely toxic chemical that must be banned. There are currently 108,000 comments on the EPA docket but there should be hundreds of thousands more. Now is the time to act. Do you have a glyphosate story? Share it with the EPA so others realize the extent of harm being caused by EPA's inaction.
    Tell the EPA to do their job so that no more babies are born with cancer caused by glyphosate.Then share with everyone you know.
    The comment period ends at midnight, Eastern time on September 3rd so please don’t wait.

Sending you love and light, with heartfelt gratitude,
    Diana Reeves
    Executive Director
    GMO Free USA
    Share This

| Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Re: Tell the EPA: do NOT re-approve glyphosate!

Just FYI- the Serlani study quoted was retracted by the journal that published it because a huge number of scientists called its makeup and results into question. There were numerous issues with the study- including it's very small size and the fact that the strain of rats used are well known to develop such tumors regardless of any outside inputs.

In short... this was "junk science" that does harm to any attempt to hold an honest discussion.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email