Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Karl Frederick

Assange: Saboteur or Scapegoat?

Take everything you've heard about Julian Assange from MSM sources and see how those impressions square with the observations of the UN Special Rapporteur on Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment. In a nutshell, it seems Assange is being railroaded. This is a wake-up call:
    https://www.truthdig.com/articles/th...anges-torture/
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by:

3. TopTop #2
    Mayacaman

Re: Assange: Saboteur or Scapegoat?

Name:  Julian Assange.png
Views: 148
Size:  419.0 KB

Thank you for your post, Karl. In my opinion Julian Assange is certainly not a villain - I would tend to the Scapegoat! side of the equation. Interesting, isn't it, that Donald Trump, the sitting POTUS, doesn't seem to be lifting a finger when it comes to seeking Justice for the man who more than anyone served to help get him elected. I am referring, of course, to wikileaks.org leaking the John Podesta / Hilary Clinton emails. At the time, Donald blurted "I love Wikileaks." But Now? Where is Donald, now that Julian Assange could use his help?

I think it is probably the case that Democrats are tending to not come to the defense of Julian Assange because they still resent the fact that his leaking of the Podesta emails was the equivalent of the "October Surprise" in 2016. After all, prior to his doing that, Assange was considered by all accounts to be a man of the left.

So Democrats, {evidently, & generally} consider Assange's deed to be something of a betrayal. But then, Democrats are in denial about there having been any validity at all to Pizzagate. To them it's all just one big "right wing conspiracy."

Curiously, it is the radical right who are rallying to the defense of Julian Assange, since his arrest. As does "Q." They blame his arrest on the "Deep State" - the term coined by the Berkeley based, Canadian academic Peter Dale Scott. - The term that has been co-opted by the likes of Jerome Corsi.

But Where is Donald in all this?

Last edited by Mayacaman; 07-15-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add graphic

4. TopTop #3
    Chauncey Gardner

Assange is a hero in keeping Clinton from the levers of Washington power. I am no fan of our current president as who could honestly like a a lying, racist, pussy grabber ?Trump did not so much win as he was shunted in to position by the DNC as they used their own money and influence to make sure he was taken seriously by the media and put into his position directly at the orders of Clinton herself. This is all part of the public record. It was Seth Rich who took a thumbdrive and copied the Podesta files and made off with them to his own detriment. Rich was murdered in cold blood as he lay in his hospital bed recovering from gun shot wounds he had suffered from an attack. He had survived the initial attack. The news media claimed he was robbed yet nothing of value was taken from him . His surgeon came back the next day to find the hallway closed off to Rich's room by police. When they left Rich was dead> THis claim was made directly by the surgeon, also part of the public record.
    A group of IT forensics experts found that the amount of data transferred and the time it took put the extraction at a very local level and not of someone in Russia or anywhere else outside of that office could have downloaded all that information at those speeds.Here is the article detailing that part.:https://www.worldtribune.com/report-...-of-seth-rich/
    That is right the Seth Rich story is not going away. New interest in the last 24 hours has surfaced in the case as Kim Dot Com once again told his twitter followers that he helped Rich get his information to Assange.
    Assange does not play favorites and was not beholden to either party as this case firmly shows. Only the most die hard of Clinton apologists will deny this is the case.
    Assange is being used to tell others who might uncover such mendacity that they will be met with the closed fist of the fascist state if they think they can undo the plans of the rich and powerful who feel the ever bidden urge to control all who walk upon this great planet. Unfortunately most of us can do not much else but pray for this man as he is in the jaws of the beast even as I write. Peace.

5. TopTop #4
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Hmmm. I have a very different opinion of Assange- based on both facts and having some "friends" in the white/Gray hat community who have met and dealt with him.

Many in the community have trouble forgiving him for releasing the CIA hacking tools- which have only gone on to be used to create havoc. He had access to many, many well respected groups that would vet the tools and release their findings- with redacted code. But no- he had to release some of the most powerful hacking tools to anyone and everyone. There was absolutely *NO* benefit to this.

Let's not forget there is strong evidence he is another misogynist. And that he seemed to release the Gem leaks at the exact time of his fellow "pussy grabber" Trump's problems with the Access Hollywood tapes..

I have no respect for the man... nor what he was trying to do. He blew that. Kinda blows my mind - here we have another pathetic man...and somehow he's a hero because...???

But this is where our country is. A sad little %^*^ publishes some very important troves about the CIA - yet doesn't do his due diligence and redact the information that leads to even greater harm.. and he's a hero of the left? He releases a trove of "meh" information to sway the election for Trump? And yet he's still a hero of the left?

Need I remind you conspiracy theorists- Sweeden does not kowtow to the US. Indeed- they are a country that goes to great lengths to broker deals between the US and it's adversaries - at no benefit to themselves. Anyone who believes that Sweeden somehow framed JA for sexual assault.... you just do not understand the realities. Sweeden could not care less what the US thinks. They only care about their own...and, such a rare thing these days, the greater good.

6. Gratitude expressed by:

7. TopTop #5
    Mayacaman

There are fifteen thousand & three hundred articles about Julian Assange listed on the Global Research website. Whatever you choose to 'think' about him, personally - and he has been much maligned - this case is significant from the standpoint of the future of free speech. - And that affects all of us.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/search...ange&x=11&y=11

8. TopTop #6
    Mayacaman

Yesterday I stumbled onto this documentary, made by an Australian television crew about Julian Assange back in 2012, shortly after he had received asylum in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London. I think it is a fitting answer to the objections concerning the "character" of the man raised by SonomaPatientsCoop. Here it is, aptly titled,

"Sex, Lies, and Julian Assange"

Last edited by Barry; 08-25-2019 at 12:14 PM.

9. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

10. TopTop #7
    Mayacaman

The former was followed, in the Queue on youtube, by this documentary - which was put up on July 22, 2019. It is well worth watching. If you care at all about the future of Free Speech in this, our Brave New Digital Age, do take the time to watch this documentary, in its entirety...

"Hero or Villain: The Prosecution of Julian Assange "

Last edited by Barry; 08-25-2019 at 12:15 PM.

11. Gratitude expressed by:

M/M
  12. TopTop #8
    Mayacaman

Never Forget How The MSM Smeared Assange:
    Notes From The Edge Of The Narrative Matrix

Caitlin Johnstone
    Jan 3 , 2020

The frenetic mass media propaganda campaign against Julian Assange was easily the creepiest and most Orwellian thing I've ever witnessed. And now it is silent. It did its job and then disappeared, before the public could really notice what was happening. It's absolutely stunning.

You wouldn't know it now, but between late 2016 and Assange's arrest social media was full of blue-checkmarked narrative managers falling all over each other to be the first to come up with the day's hottest smear painting a heroic journalist as a villain. Day after day after day. Smearing Assange was one of the easiest ways for an aspiring journalist to show current and prospective employers that you're on the side of the empire. He was a soft target you could kick to signal that you'll say whatever the Pentagon wants so you can climb the media ladder.

The smear campaign pervaded every political faction in every part of the US-centralized power alliance. Where they couldn't get away with openly smearing him they circulated rightist psyops about Trump and Assange secretly working together and the extradition actually helping Assange, which was effectively the same as smearing him. The overwhelming majority of mainstream opinions about Assange are the result not of his work or the life he's lived, but of a concerted propaganda campaign the majority of which took place between late 2016 and Assange's arrest in April 2019. People just aren't aware they've been propagandized.

The smear campaign went silent so quickly because it is now impossible to paint yourself as a brave up-punching journalist while smearing someone who is being openly prosecuted for journalism. So they've slinked off into the shadows, hoping we'll forget what they did. Let's not.

Our society is asking itself a very, very important question of the Assange case. The question we're asking is this:

“Should journalists be jailed for exposing US war crimes? Yes or no?”

Our answer to this question will determine the future of our species.

Make no mistake, this question is all the Assange case is and has ever been about. Do not let the narrative managers twist it into being about anything other than this, because it isn't. This is the question.

Do we want truth, or lies?

Do we want light, or darkness?

Do we want freedom, or slavery?

Do we want the right to know what the powerful are doing, or do we want to give them a private space to abuse us in?

Should journalists be jailed for exposing US war crimes? Yes or no?

The empire is trying to claim the right to imprison any journalist anywhere in the world who exposes its malfeasance. Our response to this claim absolutely will determine the fate of our species. We're choosing whether the bastards get to keep holding the steering wheel or not.

One of the weirdest mainstream political beliefs is that secretive government agencies who did evil things in the past just don't do evil things anymore. This belief is based on literally nothing. It's believed because it's comfortable.

Many, many nations have bad human rights records. When you find your mind focusing particularly on the ones the US empire doesn't like, it's because of propaganda.

Western propaganda hasn't gotten less advanced since the Iraq invasion, it has gotten more advanced. The Russiagate psyop and the smear campaigns against Assange and Corbyn make this abundantly clear. The idea that the lies and propaganda which led to the Iraq invasion were a one-off fluke is itself the product of propaganda. You need to be more critical of western narratives than with Iraq, not less.

Manipulating public thought at mass scale is a science. Scientific fields don't magically become less sophisticated over time, they become more sophisticated. Every time they run a new mass-scale manipulation, whether it succeeds or fails, they learn from it. And they evolve.

Psychedelics are beginning to get a fair hearing from science because neoliberalism is making everyone too crazy and depressed to turn the gears of the machine, so the machine is desperately looking for miracle cures to get the slaves functional again. Lucky for us this will work against them; if psychedelics had turned out to be a useful tool of social control they'd have remained legal, and the CIA wouldn't have abandoned them decades ago.

On January 20th America's coasts will heave a huge sigh of relief. This sigh will be based entirely on ignorance and narative spin. Nothing will fundamentally change.

People keep predicting coups, mass arrests and unprecedented upheavals in the US government because the mass media is acting very strange, which creates the illusion that the US government itself is acting very strange. Meanwhile the empire marches on completely uninterrupted.

What people are misperceiving is that it isn't the US government that's changing, it's the international world order. The US is approaching post-primacy and is unleashing tons of propaganda to roll out international agendas to prevent this, hence the bizarre behavior. The information ecosystem looks wild, so America-fixated Americans get the mistaken impression that it's their government that is behaving wildly. Meanwhile great care is taken to maintain stability in the hub of the global empire, so all these prophecies of upheaval keep shooting blanks.

In other words it's not Trump or Biden who's on the precipice of being unseated by a huge paradigm-shifting upheaval: it's the US empire itself.

It would be so dumb if we kill ourselves with nuclear war. Imagine after all the other things we've been worrying about, we see the mushroom clouds and we're like "So this is how it ends? With all those weapons we deliberately invented and stockpiled for the explicit purpose of ending it?"

The most powerful new year's intention is to sincerely want to remove the blocks to your healing. Whether those blocks be mental, emotional, physical or out there in the real world, health is your natural state and you are safe to let go of anything impeding your health.

Humanity will never move into a healthy way of functioning in collaboration with each other and with our ecosystem until we relinquish our fear-based attachment to the status quo that is driving us toward armageddon. As André Gide says, “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.”

[ Source ]

13. Gratitude expressed by 3 members:

14. TopTop #9
    OurFreeSociety

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mayacaman: View Post
    I'll only touch briefly on Assange since you brought him up.

Obviously no gov't should jail a reporter unless the gov't is EVIL & of course all gov'ts are evil.

Many didn't used to be that way, but as I'm learning, the evils infiltrated each one of them & this was done so many hundreds of years ago there's no chance in hell of having a clean pristine gov't & I'm still trying to figure out if the evils created the US as their own little haven to control, or they infiltrated it after it just got going.

All I know is that America has NEVER been free & the civil war was all a hoax..

I'm still researching.

Back to Assange, on & off only briefly, I've been hearing for the last 1-2 years that he's CO (controlled Opp), & I FINALLY found the video that shows that he is. I guess they made it into a 4 part series, so I have to watch 4 or so hours when I have a moment.

I used to hold him in high regard, but I remember the first time I ever actually heard him in an interview.

This is the problem with putting people on a pedestal. Unless you actually know them by living with them, you DON'T know them. You only know the mask they put on to the public Even when you live with psychopaths you may not know them unless you are highly intelligent & intuitive & you trust your intuition.

So when I heard this interview, I could barely understand what he was saying which upset me b/c I thought there was something wrong with me.

Why couldn't I understand someone I considered a hero of sorts.

Maybe it was just that interview, but I vaguely remember trying to watch another one & failing at that one too.

I'm still investigating whether he is CO, but I have a feeling he is.

This is how good the evils are. They can create a WHOLE drama & make you believe whatever you see on TV. They have the money to bank roll ANYTHING.

We don't even know if he was in that Ecuadorian embassy in London, b/c no one was allowed to go in there.

I remember some blonde woman who wasn't really a reporter got in there somehow & other truthers were questioning her validity at the time.

When I heard that he said that investigating 911 wasn't important, then I knew that he was CO.

Just like when Alex Jones said (I saw this in a clip) that he was sorry, pizzagate wasn't real, he takes it back, then I knew FOR SURE he was CO. I can't stand the guy, but I felt sorry for him when the evils attacked him. Now I know it was all for show to gain sympathy for him.

I found a really good FB group I had joined a while ago & never went into & they said it succinctly.

NEVER EVER believe or worship any so called "truther." Always do your own research, glean what you can from everyone & run when it's clear they are CO.