Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    WizardWalt

Help with moving please

Hello, Sonoma County!

I need 2-4 volunteers IMMEDIATELY (ASAP!) to help an easygoing, 420- & pet-friendly lady w/a back injury PACK & LOAD one bedroom's worth of belongings (12' x 12' room + 2.5' x 2.5' closet) from a duplex in SWSR; everything's headed either into storage on SR Avenue or new house in RP (though, definitely getting rid of Some stuff -- you're welcome to have, barter, or barely-buy stuff you want, if it's available). We can provide transpo within Sonoma County if you don't have your own; though extra vehicle/s may be helpful, FYI, there is Limited Parking at the Old Place in SWSR (but plenty at the new place & storage unit).

Also, PLEASE NOTE: If you are allergic to or have issues with incense, cannabis smoke/vapor, and/or dog/cat hair, you may wish to reconsider! The service dog passed away in February ☹, but his hair will be everywhere under things being moved of course, and there are a couple of cats, though they're fairly skittish of strangers; there may also be incense burning &/or cannabis being vaped &/or smoked (yes, she is also a medicinal cannabis patient). However, there will also be plenty of eclectic musical variety for your listening delight! ☺

She was assaulted by a male roommate and has some social anxiety, especially when first connecting with people; so I will talk with you first, then have you text or call her. (I'm her IHSS care provider & new roommate at the new place, but I'm working most of the weekend and can't help much with the moving, other than basic transport of the loads w/a Ford F150.) After she's connected with people, she's totally fine one-on-one or in a small group, but due to her condition & the circumstances, 1-2 females (or smaller guys) are preferred to do the necessary packing in the bedroom (it's fairly cramped currently); however, 1-2 guys (or strong women) could move the furniture & other heavy stuff.

Quite frankly, the 1-2 people to help with the interior packing of the bedroom are the highest priority; she is overwhelmed by it all! We are trying to have the stuff moved out by the 15th, but she also has two doctor appts on Monday -- one with a new doctor. Fortunately, it's just a move across town, so the stuff doesn't have to be packed fully, just enough to be safely transported a few miles. I know it's late to be asking online, but we've checked with all her friends & just No One is available right now. Can anyone out there help her out at all this weekend?

Thank you,
    Walter
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by: