Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Woody

Proposed 16-pump gas station at 116/Stony Point - application withdrawn!

Dear Wacco Community,

I am pleased to report that the project applicant has withdrawn their application for the gas station at 116/Stony Point. We received a letter sent by the applicant to Permit Sonoma confirming this earlier today.

Thank you to everyone who responded and wrote emails, made phone calls, showed up at the June 25 meeting, gathered signatures on petitions, etc etc. to make this thing go away. My special thanks to Jenny Blaker who first brought it to my attention with her story in the Gazette in April. And thank you in turn to Teri Shore who brought it to Jenny's attention.

Now, on to the proposed station at Llano Road and Highway 12! See handout attached.

Cheers,
    -Woody
    Attached Files
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    SonomaPatientsCoop

Re: Proposed 16-pump gas station at 116/Stony Point - application withdrawn!

I would not be so sure. This is not an uncommon tactic in the construction industry - when there is local opposition you simply pull the application once you know from the local authorities everything you will need to do. Then you re-apply when you are ready to start the work and can hammer things out before opposition can gain any traction.

And even if not... what do you really expect? This is a major unused intersection- pulling massive amounts of traffic from people coming east from Petaluma. West from Rohnert Park and Santa Rosa. South from Sebastopol, the Russian River, etc. And North from Cotati, Petaluma - everywhere fed by the 101.

Something BIG *is* going* to go in here in the next year or two. The landowners want it. The BOS wants it. They both see the potential for more income in a quarter then the current tenants provide in a year. Quite possibly more income in a month.

And %^&*$... I've seen time and time again - the first evil player who was actually willing to make concessions defeated. Only to have something much worse come next because the scent of $$ is already in the air. Mark my words- by the time Trump is unfortunately re-elected... there *will* be a major development at this spot.

3. Gratitude expressed by 2 members:

4. TopTop #3

Re: Proposed 16-pump gas station at 116/Stony Point - application withdrawn!

No, no, no tRUMP wil NOT get reelected and things are gonna get much better!!

Lilith

Quote Posted in reply to the post by SonomaPatientsCoop: View Post
    I would not be so sure. This is not an uncommon tactic in the construction industry - when there is local opposition you simply pull the application once you know from the local authorities everything you will need to do. Then you re-apply when you are ready to start the work and can hammer things out before opposition can gain any traction.

And even if not... what do you really expect? This is a major unused intersection- pulling massive amounts of traffic from people coming east from Petaluma. West from Rohnert Park and Santa Rosa. South from Sebastopol, the Russian River, etc. And North from Cotati, Petaluma - everywhere fed by the 101.

Something BIG *is* going* to go in here in the next year or two. The landowners want it. The BOS wants it. They both see the potential for more income in a quarter then the current tenants provide in a year. Quite possibly more income in a month.

And %^&*$... I've seen time and time again - the first evil player who was actually willing to make concessions defeated. Only to have something much worse come next because the scent of $$ is already in the air. Mark my words- by the time Trump is unfortunately re-elected... there *will* be a major development at this spot.

5. Gratitude expressed by: