Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    dancenteach

Referral needed for solar panels and a system to heat an above ground pool with solar

Hi All,
    We bought and installed a large above ground for swimming to help with post-op recovery. We have a solar cover but the water is so cold even the grandchildren won't swim in it on the hottest of days. We would like to install solar panels in our field and a hot water system to heat the pool water. Does anyone know someone who sells and/or installs systems like this for a reasonable price? Please reply to this post with any ideas. Or reply privately to this post if you wish. I should mention we have lots of rooftop solar that I did through the Sonoma County program, so I don't need any referrals for that type of solar. It's also too far away from the field to connect it up to the pool. Thanks for your help. Kathy
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Michaelsallee

Re: Referral needed for solar panels and a system to heat an above ground pool with solar

If u find a good solution please share it with me. Ditto me to u if I find [email protected] or707 494 2955 thanx michael

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dancenteach: View Post
    Hi All,
    We bought and installed a large above ground for swimming to help with post-op recovery. We have a solar cover but the water is so cold even the grandchildren won't swim in it on the hottest of days. We would like to install solar panels in our field and a hot water system to heat the pool water. Does anyone know someone who sells and/or installs systems like this for a reasonable price? Please reply to this post with any ideas. Or reply privately to this post if you wish. I should mention we have lots of rooftop solar that I did through the Sonoma County program, so I don't need any referrals for that type of solar. It's also too far away from the field to connect it up to the pool. Thanks for your help. Kathy

3. TopTop #3
    AJL

Re: Referral needed for solar panels and a system to heat an above ground pool with solar

Gary at Sunfire plumbing should be able to design something for you and I'd be happy to bid installing his design.

You could also do your own low tech black hose and small pump .
    I could set you up with some stuff laying around here.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by dancenteach: View Post
    We bought and installed a large above ground for swimming to help with post-op recovery. We have a solar cover but the water is so cold even the grandchildren won't swim in it on the hottest of days. We would like to install solar panels in our field and a hot water system to heat the pool water. ...
    Last edited by Barry; 05-31-2019 at 11:58 AM.

4. TopTop #4
    dancenteach

Thank you so much for your response AJ. I will contact you right away. Kathy

Quote Posted in reply to the post by AJL: View Post
    Gary at Sunfire plumbing should be able to design something for you and I'd be happy to bid installing his design.

You could also do your own low tech black hose and small pump .
    I could set you up with some stuff laying around here.

5. Gratitude expressed by 2 members: