Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Roland Jacopetti

Something Completely Mom-Dad-&The-Kids

When
    Friday, May 3rd;8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
    Where KRCB-Windsor, 91.1 and 90.9 (Wait a minute! WINDSOR!!?)
    Add to Google Calendar
    Before we get into kids and parents, we gotta go to just this one place - - - Happy Birthday, Pete! That's right...although Pete is no longer with us, the memory of his birthday lingers. May 3 is Pete's birthday! And I think it's time to renew once again our request for a posthumous Nobel Peace Prize for Pete Seeger! Until that happens, you'll have to be satisfied with a Pete Seeger song in this S.C.D. Extravaganza. So...the sixth song will be Bob Dylan's Forever Young on Bob's wonderful 4-CD album of everyone-you-ever-thought-of singing Bob's songs. And, in this case, it's Pete with the Rivertown Kids. Who better to sing Forever Young?

You can always depend upon Loudon Wainwright III to bring his songs right out of his own personal experiences. So...does the guy have a daughter? You bet! None other than Martha Wainwright, daughter of Loudon the Third, half sister (I think) of Rufus, and writer of a song about her dad, entitled Blo___ Mother ____ing ____ole. (Sorry for the redactions, friends. Martha, shame on you!) In turn, Loudon wrote a song (a very tender one, I might point out) about Martha, entitled Daughter, which you'll hear Wednesday night, along with Hitting You and I Knew Your Mother (?) Great stuff!

Also well represented is Jason Mraz. Listen for Love for a Child, on one of his albums that should get some kind of award. Imagine naming your album We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things, illustrated with Jason's sketches. And, from the same album, I'm Yours, one of my real favorites.

Add five (!!!!!) songs from Paul Simon, three from Cat Stevens and a bunch of delightful miscellany, and you've got a couple of fun-filled hours on KRCB-FM 91.1 & 90.9. And then there's the following Friday...
    Last edited by Barry; 04-28-2019 at 11:21 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email