Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    michaelji
    Supporting Member

Process Painting and Somatic Inquiry

When
    Tuesday, May 7th;6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
    Where Petaluma/Sebastopol
    Cost Drop ins: $35 members/ $40 non members. Series: $165 members/ $190 non members.
    Event Website Event Facebook Page Add to Google Calendar
    This class is now ongoing at the Petaluma Arts Center on Thursday afternoons 1:00 to 4:00 pm. The class has been extended through May. See the website for details.
    https://petalumaartscenter.org/classes-workshops/

Beginning April 30th- May 28th at Sebastopol Center for The Arts on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 to 9:30.

https://sebarts.org/adult-arts-education/adult-classes/

"The essential thing is to put oneself in a frame of mind that is close to that of prayer"
    Henri Matisse.
    With this sentiment as a guide we move into painting through embodied presence.

Our tools are meditation, light movement, drawing and tempera on paper. Not a class in technique but in process painting, exploring inner landscapes and habits of mind that inhibit our natural capacity for discovery, play and free expression. When we stand on the threshold of our intuitive heart the miracles begin both inwardly and outwardly. What wants to come forth is allowed to be, just as it is. As we learn to rest in the intuitive body, the judging mind relaxes and with that comes more confidence, joy and well being. This shift in values can renew our outlook and the way we move in life.

Travel with fellow comrades and BE the aliveness, the surprise, and the stillness at the root of it all.

No painting experience necessary. All materials provided. Come for one class or let each class build on the last.
    Fee: $35 for members. $40 non members. Drop ins welcome. All materials provided.
    Discounted class package $165 members / $190 non member

Instructor Bio:

Michael studied fine art at Rhode Island School of Design and earned a BFA from The Art Institute of Chicago in 1977. Since then he has shown his work extensively in the Midwest but also in New York, San Francisco and Geneva, Switzerland. He has created commissioned artworks for many Health Care Centers and a U.S. Post Office. His interest in meditation, and expressive arts led him to begin offering Intuitive Art based workshops in 2004 at Art Centers and private studios in the Chicago area. Michael has a deep interest in non dual spiritual practice and mind/body practices that alleviate suffering and connect one to their essential nature. He lives in Sebastopol, Ca.

www.michaelzieve.com

Comments from students:

"Michael created a unique setting to explore moment to moment what wished to come forward on to the paper in front of me. This was achieved through his ability to convey his understanding of the creative process as well as connect us to our bodies through movement and grounding. What a fun and rich day!" David Lee, Sebastopol

"The mindful art class filled me with strength, warmth and kindness.
    I have been feeling so much more confidence and willingness to continue on despite being in LA! I would feel terribly selfish if i did not share the knowledge instilled in me by hearing your messages to help me accept positive loving thoughts. I am still feeling that calmness."
    Arlene Morrison, Petaluma

Last edited by michaelji; 04-27-2019 at 11:17 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email