The Sebastopol Center for the Arts is having an unusual event this week. Anyone of any age is invited to bring one piece of art representing a favorite thing to the Gallery and to also collaborate on where it should be hung on the wall.

Here’s my idea… let’s hang our beautiful alcohol ink paintings together as a group! If you have created an alcohol ink painting that you would like to share with the public (especially if you’ve never exhibited artwork before and think you’re not a “real” artist), this is a great opportunity for us to share the experience of exhibiting them together. We can have a framing party if you need help. Time, however, is short. They will receive the entries this Wednesday, April 3, from 2-6. The opening night party is 6:00 pm this Friday! You can register online. If you’re not available to bring in your painting, I might be able to drop it off for you. If you’re interested, please call me ASAP at 707 820-7432, or by email [email protected] Let’s put alcohol inks on the map!

My current exhibit: Many of my alcohol ink paintings are on exhibit at the Sebastopol Senior Center through May 15. Come and visit! Check out the large painting hanging behind the front desk as soon as you come in... I have donated it to the Sebastopol Senior Center because they love it and it seems very happy there.

If you have never painted with alcohol inks and are interested in giving it a try, come and take a class with me at Riley St. Art Supplies in Santa Rosa… more info and registration at www.InksInMotion.com

Also, I will be giving a free demonstration of painting with alcohol inks at the Senior Art Show at Finley Community Center on Thursday, May 23, 2019 1-4pm.

Rhea Schnurman,
Inks In Motion