Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Mary Good

Seeking Guerneville /Russian Rvr residents who have experienced flooding to interview

Hi Folks,

I'm a local writer and therapist specializing in Ecopsychology, and am working on a book project. I'm hoping to interview a few long time residents of the Russian River area who have experienced flooding, potentially more than once.

One of the themes focuses on resiliency in the face of ecological disasters and Climate Change, and how that intersects with having a sense of place and belonging. As Californians, we know that wildfire is not a question of "if", but "when". For folks in the RR area, flooding is the same. What does it mean to live and love in a place, knowing that you will also eventually be in harm's way?

Anonymity is available in my writing if you prefer, and your experience/emotions will be treated with respect. I can meet in person at a public place (I'll buy you coffee!) or over FaceTime/Skype. Your time will be also be respected, and I don't imagine the interview taking more than an hour.

You can send me a direct message or reply here. Thanks!
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. TopTop #2
    Mary Good

Re: Seeking Guerneville /Russian Rvr residents who have experienced flooding to interview

Hi Folks, just bumping this thread in the hopes of reaching people who may not have seen it. I also realize we are still not too far out from the recent flood, and that most are still putting back the pieces. Let me know if you'd like to chat, and we'll pick a non--stressful time that works for you. Thanks!

3. Gratitude expressed by:

4. TopTop #3
    forestvaros

Re: Seeking Guerneville /Russian Rvr residents who have experienced flooding to interview

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Mary Good: View Post
    Hi Folks, just bumping this thread in the hopes of reaching people who may not have seen it. I also realize we are still not too far out from the recent flood, and that most are still putting back the pieces. Let me know if you'd like to chat, and we'll pick a non--stressful time that works for you. Thanks!
    Hi Mary,

It might be helpful to define what you mean by experiencing flooding. Are you looking for people who have lost homes or belongings? Those who have been evacuated and/or had experiences of having access in or out of their home cut off? Those who have experienced disruptions to utilities? People whose workplaces have been affected? Other categories?

Sounds like an interesting project. Good luck with it.