Name:  IMG_6103.JPG.jpg
Views: 844
Size:  99.3 KB

Hi!

Looking for a home for me and my twelve rescue chickens (includes roosters)

I've been a resident of Petaluma for the past twelve years operating a self-funded chicken sanctuary. Our rented home/land has recently been sold to new owners who have asked us to vacate by April 1st. I'm seeking a small country cottage, in-law unit, studio or tiny home with a fenced yard or safe place to set up my chicken yard and coop ideally located within a 45 minute drive to Novato where I work.
Why am I listing in the "pets" section? Because meeting my birds' needs is critical to their survival (their human is more flexible ). The land must be flat enough to move a chicken yard/coop onto it. It can't have close neighbors due to the rooster's singing but not so far out that they would be vulnerable to large wild animals. Ideally I'd like to find a place to settle for a couple of years so my elders can peacefully live out their lives. My birds are mostly old and disabled (note: I am not looking to re-home them). We're looking for lovely landlords like my last ones who understand this kind of work is important in the world

I have excellent references from my previous landlords. Their home was on the same property and we enjoyed a mutually respectful relationship over the years. We looked out for each other while also maintaining a cherished privacy. I also have references from another previous landlord whose home I rented for 20 years in Walnut Creek. At that home I had three roosters within the city limits and very good relations with all my neighbors- 20 years and 0 complaints.

I have excellent credit, am financially responsible, pay rent in full on time and have renter's insurance. Non- smoker and also no drugs or alcohol. I live a simple life, enjoy yard work and have a great appreciation for the environment and nature. Where I currently live there are frogs, lizards, field mice, snakes and spiders. They occasionally do accidentally end up in the house and I gently put them out again. I respect their home too.

It would be nice to have a place with an onsite washer/dryer or hook-ups (elec). I don't need cable for TV or a dishwasher- but a bathtub, stove, and off-street parking for my small truck would be appreciated.

Please contact me if you feel my situation would be a good match with yours (or if you know of someone...
) and I can provide you with more detailed information. Responding with a few details about your rental would be helpful. I look forward to the possibilities of creating another peaceful sanctuary space!