Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    sgregory

5.5-year-old Cattle Dog looking for FOREVER HOME!

Hi everyone,

My name is Sam and my Cattle Dog mix, Rosie, is looking for a new forever home.

I rescued her from a shelter in northern New Mexico in early 2015, and we've been roaming from farm to farm around the west coast since then. Unfortunately, I'm no longer living the rural farm life and want to give her a more suitable home.

Rosie is smart, incredibly sweet and very cuddly with people. Despite being a Cattle Dog, she does well hanging around the house for most of the day and can be content sunbathing for hours on the floor. That being said, she LOVES to roam and explore and become queen of her domain. She's in good health, has recently had her teeth cleaned, and is up to date on all her vaccines.

Rosie is well-trained with the basics, including sit, down, stay, wait, place (where she runs to her yoga mat and sits), jump, touch, spin, and come. The more consistently she gets these commands, the more disciplined she becomes. Unfortunately, she is dog-aggressive, and is liable to attack other dogs if off leash (though she's never been involved in a fight in which another animal has received any kind of injury whatsoever). On-leash, she will lunge and bark at dogs, though a prong collar and e-collar (she was trained to use it by a professional trainer) help with this. Again, the more training and exposure she gets, the better (and I've been able to give her less and less over the last few months).

I have a fenced yard of several acres, and I can whistle to her and she'll come running 99% of the time. Her aggression has been exacerbated over the last couple years when she's been in more suburban environments, I used to have no problem taking her around town or going to barbecues where other dogs are present. The point being, with the right training, the aggression can be mitigated.

A great home for Rosie would be one in which her owners are around often, with a fenced yard and no other pets. She'll chase cats and horses, but has done well living around other livestock including goats, sheep, cattle and fenced chickens. She could likely be trained to help with herding, as she shows obvious instincts.

Rosie is SO smart and SO sweet, and has a hilariously sassy attitude. Everyone that meets her falls in love with her, and it truly breaks my heart thinking about finding a new home for her. She's such an incredible companion and if your circumstances align with her needs, you've found a gem of a new friend!

I'm more than happy to discuss her more and answer any questions you may have (or provide more pictures!). I prefer to be contacted by email initially, at sam.greg[at]comcast.net. We currently live in Sonoma, CA. I'm looking forward to hearing from you!
    Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Attached Thumbnails (click thumbnail for larger view) Expand   Expand  
    Last edited by Barry; 02-02-2019 at 09:02 AM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email