Click Banner For More Info See All Sponsors

So Long and Thanks for All the Fish!

This site is now closed permanently to new posts.
We recommend you use the new Townsy Cafe!

Click anywhere but the link to dismiss overlay!

• Share this thread on:
  • Follow: No Email   
  1. TopTop #1
    Barrie
    Supporting member

Lakeside/Rialto/Summerfield Movie Theater

Have you paid attention to this theater? It was a lack luster theater, probably not making much money, when the Rialto people took it over and transformed it into a wonderful art/foreign movie venue. They cleaned it up, remodeled, brought in great theater snacks, hired friendly people, and began showing foreign, independent, and other not quite mainstream movies. It was a big hit and no doubt was making more money than it had as the slightly shabby Lakeside. The man who had owned the lease and ran the Lakeside some how got the lease away from the Rialto people and changed the name to Summerfield. He still shows a line up of good, non-mainstream movies. Saturday I went with a friend to see ETERNITY'S GATE, the movie about Vincent van Gogh which isn't available at the Sebastopol Rialto. Walking in right away you can see that the lobby is beginning to look a little thread bare. But the worst was that the theater showing this movie was smelly, it stank! Exiting the theater I told a man who looked like a manager that the particular theater smelled bad. He said, "I'll spray it." I replied, "You need to clean it."

Even though the Summerfield people are charging as much as the Rialto theater charges for movies, they are not doing the work to keep the theaters clean, the snacks are uninspired, and it's back to the sloppiness of the old Lakeside. At least the guy is consistent.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

2. Gratitude expressed by 4 members:

3. TopTop #2
    Jon Jackson

Re: Lakeside/Rialto/Summerfield Movie Theater

My partner & I went to the Summerfield tonight (October 2019). Theater 2 had a very strong musty smell. My partner, who is mold-sensitive, had an immediate reaction. Needless to say, we left. Fortunately, the staff happily refunded our tickets. There definitely does seem to be a problem there.

Quote Posted in reply to the post by Barrie: View Post
    ... Walking in right away you can see that the lobby is beginning to look a little thread bare. But the worst was that the theater showing this movie was smelly, it stank! Exiting the theater I told a man who looked like a manager that the particular theater smelled bad. He said, "I'll spray it." I replied, "You need to clean it."

Even though the Summerfield people are charging as much as the Rialto theater charges for movies, they are not doing the work to keep the theaters clean, the snacks are uninspired, and it's back to the sloppiness of the old Lakeside. At least the guy is consistent.
    Last edited by Barry; 10-20-2019 at 01:11 PM.
    | Login or Register (free) to reply publicly or privately   Email

4. Gratitude expressed by: